Sign in to follow this  
ramon_dexter

addAction for tent/sleeping bag

While playing with Arsenal, I found backpacks with packed in tents and backpacks. These are neat and could be used as rpg objects. My question is, how do I use addAction command on sleeping bag or tent, assembled out of baclpack?

Can you please make an example? I really dont know what co call or how to use these...

Can you please make an example? I really dont know what co call or how to use these...

If you search this forum, you will find someone posted an example mission a while ago.

Hello, can you pelase point in the direction (meaning: for what to look)?

I have searched first 10 pages of the newly released missions and found nothing that has deployable sleeping bags with sleeping functionality. And I'm sorry, but I don't have enough time to download every one mission and then search it for one function.

So if you know what mission this was, you'll be very helpful is you tell me.

If not, not.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181753-Respawn-Tents&highlight=SLEEPING

While playing with Arsenal, I found backpacks with packed in tents and backpacks. These are neat and could be used as rpg objects. My question is, how do I use addAction command on sleeping bag or tent, assembled out of baclpack?

I am sorry, but I am afraid that this script (or mod like addon) has already been created :/

However, its great that some people brought this up, cause I havn't released my mod version due to unpopularity :P

Here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24540

Here's a little piece of code for something I was working on a few months ago, I never did finish it though. This code makes it so that if you sit down (I don't really remember which button does that), you will have an option to "Wait 2 hours". It's extremely simple, but this could probably help you get along faster:

player addAction ["Wait 2 Hours",
{
_date = date;
_date set [3, (_date select 3) + 2];
setDate _date;
}, [], 0, false, true, "", "(animationState player) == 'amovpsitmstpsnonwnondnon_ground'"];

Yes, you could.

Please check at:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#WeaponAssembled

and

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Event_Handlers#WeaponDisassembled

but beware about locality, the action you just added will not be sent across the network to other players.

So the event being fired off by either of these will only be triggered local to the unit that did the assemble/disassemble and not serverwide? Would be useful to put up on the Biki.

Dan;2912371']So the event being fired off by either of these will only be triggered local to the unit that did the assemble/disassemble and not serverwide? Would be useful to put up on the Biki.

I believe Das was talking about adding the action to the unit, actions are local, and it is already on the wiki

I believe Das was talking about adding the action to the unit, actions are local, and it is already on the wiki

Ahh, ok. Just wanted to know as I may be using it for the respawn tents being built and adding it to a serverside variable.

Just tried it, got it to work locally, i just need to figure out how to get it to trigger on both the server and the client. (i'm hosting a local dedi via TADST for testing). I get the logged output, but not the server, I guess I have to change the 'player' to something else, but i'm not sure what.

init.sqf:

player addEventHandler ["WeaponAssembled", "hint 'event triggered'; [] execVM 'evhscript.sqf'"];

evhscript.sqf:

"meh" call BIS_fnc_log;

I get the hint and the log both turn up on client, nothing in the server rpt.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Heres what I've done to get the thing I wanted to work:

init.sqf:

player addEventHandler ["WeaponAssembled", "hint 'event triggered'; [[[],'evhscript.sqf'],'BIS_fnc_execVM',false,true] call BIS_fnc_MP;"];

evhscript.sqf:

if(isServer) then {
"meh" call BIS_fnc_log;
};

Edited by [EVO] Dan

DreadedEntity: This code works like a charm. With a little fix in animation name. Good one!

[EVO] Dan: Well, basicly this fires when the sleeping bag is assembled. Good. But I want to add action to that deployed sleeping bag object. I tried putting

B_respawn_sleeping_bag_brown_f addaction ["Sleep for 8 hours", "skipTime 8"]

But it don't work. I don't know how to directly add action to this object. Is it possible?

EDIT:

I was trying to build something like this:

if ('sc_bedroll' in items player) 
then {
	player addAction ["Rozbalit spacák", "player removeItem 'sc_bedroll'"];

_SleepBag = "Land_Sleeping_bag_blue_F" createVehicle position player;
	_SleepBag addAction ["Sleep for 8 hours", {_date = date; _date set [3, (_date select 3) + 8]; setDate _date;}, [], 0, false, true, "", ""];
	_SleepBag addAction ["Pack the sleeping bag", "deleteVehicle '_SleepBag'; player addItem 'sc_bedroll';"];
};

But even if the condition is met (I'm not sure if I'm using the syntax right), the option is not visible. Can anybody tell me what am I doing wrong? The sc_bedroll object is from scorch's inventory items.

Edited by ramon_dexter

:rollseyes:

Next time, go on: community.bistudio.com

For your scripts :/

Here it is, but as I said before, u may try out my script in my mission which is basically the same but works in MP and SP. Note that if u do, and u share it publicly or in server, give me credit.

Player addAction ["Deploy sleeping bag", "bag.sqf"];

//bag.sqf

createVehicle B_respawn_sleeping_bag_brown_f;

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

Edit: after reading it, your better off trying out my camping script as i linked in the page before. I have already started on creating a sleep function for MP, which involves dialogs.

Also, the skipping time code u are looking for is:

skipTime 30;

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

Link to all commands for ArmA 3: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Scripting_Commands_Arma_3

I was trying to build something myself and created this. This code should allow player to place a sleeping bag on ground, sleep in it and then pack it and return it to plyer's inventory.

This is added on player's init line. If player has sc_bedroll in inventory, new actions shows up in actionmenu.

this addAction ["Unpack sleeping bag", "sleepingBag.sqf", nil, 6, false, true, "", "_this == _target AND 'sc_bedroll' in (items _this)"];

And the sleepingBag.sqf:

player removeItem "sc_bedroll";
_SleepBag addAction ["Sleep for 8 hours", {_date = date; _date set [3, (_date select 3) + 8]; setDate _date;}, [], 0, false, true, "", ""];
_SleepBag addAction ["Pack the sleeping bag", "deleteVehicle 'Land_Sleeping_bag_blue_F'; deleteVehicle 'Land_ClutterCutter_Medium_F'; player addItem 'sc_bedroll';", [], 0, false, true, "", ""];

_SleepBag = "Land_Sleeping_bag_blue_F" createVehicle position player; ////this works - the sleeping bag is placed on the ground

player removeItem "sc_bedroll"; ////to remove the bedroll from inv - player places it on the ground

_SleepBag addAction ["Sleep for 8 hours", {_date = date; _date set [3, (_date select 3) + 8]; setDate _date;}, [], 0, false, true, "", ""]; ////this also works - the "sleeping action" skips time as planned

_SleepBag addAction ["Pack the sleeping bag", "deleteVehicle 'Land_Sleeping_bag_blue_F'; deleteVehicle 'Land_ClutterCutter_Medium_F'; player addItem 'sc_bedroll';", [], 0, false, true, "", ""]; ////this part of the code don't work - i see the action in the actionmenu, but it does nothing. It don't delete the sleepingbag and it don't add the sc_bedroll object into inventory.

What am I doing wrong?

Ranwer: The skipTime command only skipstime, but leaves AI untouched. I thought that playing with dat would be better. And also, this works.

Edited by ramon_dexter

_SleepBag addAction ["Pack the sleeping bag", "deleteVehicle 'Land_Sleeping_bag_blue_F'; deleteVehicle 'Land_ClutterCutter_Medium_F'; player addItem 'sc_bedroll';", [], 0, false, true, "", ""]; ////this part of the code don't work - i see the action in the actionmenu, but it does nothing. It don't delete the sleepingbag and it don't add the sc_bedroll object into inventory.

You need to delete the sleeping bag via a reference to the object. A class type will not work

_SleepBag addAction [ "Pack the sleeping bag",{
_Bag = _this select 3 select 0;
deleteVehicle _Bag;
player addItem 'sc_bedroll';
}, [ _sleepingBag ], 0, false, true, "", ""];

Here i pass a reference to the sleeping bag into the action via the arguments array. The passed reference is then got by the actions code by using _this select 3 select 0, where select 3 is the array [ _sleepingBag ] and select 0 is the reference _sleepingBag.

Larrow: Thanks, this works like was intended.

But I made a little improvement to the thing - I don't like grass poking through the sleeping bag. So I added a grass cutter object and attached the cutter object to the sleeping bag. Now I need to know, how to remove both sleeping bag and grass cutter.

here is the code:

_cutter = "Land_ClutterCutter_Medium_F" createVehicle position player;
_SleepBag attachTo [_cutter, [0,0,0.05]];
   deleteVehicle _Bag; 
}, [ _SleepBag ], 0, false, true, "", ""]; 

This method creates the sleeping bag in random place around player. I have an idea: How do I make to create this sleeping bag where I'm looking (I mean, the cursor/pointer/crosshair location).

Edited by ramon_dexter

_pos = screenToWorld [ 0.5, 0.5 ];
_cutter = createVehicle [ "Land_ClutterCutter_Medium_F", _pos, [], 0, "NONE" ];
_SleepBag = createVehicle [ "Land_Sleeping_bag_blue_F", _pos, [], 0, "NONE" ];
_SleepBag attachTo [_cutter, [0,0,0.05]];
   _cut = _this select 3 select 1;
   deleteVehicle _Bag; 
   deleteVehicle _cut;
}, [ _SleepBag, _cutter ], 0, false, true, "", ""];

screenToWorld gets the world coordinates of the screen position, [0.5, 0.5] being the center of the screen. Screen width/height are a 0->1 range.

I have changed your createVehicle commands to the array version. I believe it is generally faster, although not particularly important here its a good habit to get into.

I have passed the reference to the _cutter into the action using the arguments array along with the sleeping bag and deleted it when the action is used.

Larrow, thank you again. You are one of a few, who explains his code. This is really helpful for me, since I have problems with learning from documentation. I need to have an example code with explanation. That way I learn much faster than from documentation.

You may find that looking somewhere close to the player or other object still makes the sleeping bag spawn not directly where you are looking.

When a vehicle is created the engine tries to look for the nearest clear spot to spawn the vehicle. If you change "NONE" in the createVehicle lines to "CAN_COLLIDE" the engine will not do this and will instead place it exactly where asked.

Thought that may help.