Sign in to follow this  
pluke the 2

Arma 3 SLI 980 vs 1 Titan X

I know ARMA 3 is CPU heavy. I have an I7 overclocked. I'm trying to decide on a GPU/S.

I have $1,500 for my GPU budget. I worked for it and i'm a grown man.

My question is:

Does Arma 3 run better with GTX980s in SLI or 1 GTX Titan.

I'll be using a single 1080p or 1440p monitor. I will be playing Wasteland Mulitplayer Servers

arma doesn't like SLI...so titanX then for you (i am a bot envious tbh ;)

gotcha awesome thanks for that quick response. i accidentally (out of excitement) bought both, 2 780s and the titan x now i know which one to return!

gotcha awesome thanks for that quick response. i accidentally (out of excitement) bought both, 2 780s and the titan x now i know which one to return!

Hey, my birthday's coming up, you could send me a new pc with that kind of money! lol, jk. Yeah, Arma 3 has a few bugs with SLI, namely to do with PIP, which has been an issue since alpha.

My 690 (dual gpu) runs arma fine...

That being said you would be crazy to not go with a titan x... it's what I've been waiting for and why I didn't get a 980

The game is mostly CPU limited most of the time so it kind of doesn't matter, either is more graphics horsepower than the game can really use. When your frame rate drops during a mission it wont be due to your GPU with either solution. Maybe the Titan X will be a little quicker in those circumstances because there is a little less CPU overhead with one card verses two, but its negligible. In most other games I would anticipate that the 2x980 will run quite a bit faster than the Titan X.

arma doesn't like SLI...so titanX then for you (i am a bot envious tbh ;)

Bul.... my 780Ti sli works great after som tweaking... now using 78%+ of both cards!

never choose a SLI if you can afford the next powerful single card

alright. i got her all running. i know i know. arma 3 sucks no matter how powerful the rig is. i'm looking for custom parameters.

does this look like the correct parameters?

-enableHT -maxMem=2047 -maxVram=3071 -malloc=tbbmalloc -noBenchmark -noLogs -noPause -noSplash -world=empty

anyone care to add or subtract some parameters?

i'm using an 5820k w/ titan x and 16gb ram

thx for all the help guys.

All you need: -noLogs -noPause -noSplash -world=empty

The rest honestly don't make any practical performance difference whatsoever. If you want the game to run faster turn down your view distance and object quality, these two make by far the biggest difference as they are the things that hit the CPU hard in the rendering process. Drop down to 1500k or so on view distance and the game will run better, not well but better.