Sign in to follow this  
Frankdatank1218

MX Rifle = CMMG MK47 Mutant Rechambered to 6.5?

CMMG designed the fictional MX rifle in Arma 3, recently it released the MK47 Mutant, a long-stroke piston AR hybrid that fires 7.62x39mm AK.

MX: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/armedassault/images/b/bf/MX_6.5_mm.png/revision/latest?cb=20140205021720

MK47 Mutant: http://global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/MutantMk47YouTube.jpg

Looks related doesn't it?

Can't see any similarity...oh wait, it has got a barrel, that's it right ? (no offense)

I heard that CMMG designed the gun that shot Kennedy.

MX

COINCIDENCE!???

Illuminati confirmed.

On topic. No, I don't see the similarities. I see 2 very different rifles. The MX (which likely stands for Modular Experimental or something along those terms) is more along the lines of an ACR (Adaptive Combat Rifle), although there are some design differences between these 2 as well.

I also forgot to mention, the MX is caseless, and thus lacks the spent-brass deflector clearly evident on the M16-esque upper receiver the "Mutant" has. Not that that is the only difference (there are many), but weirdly that was the first one I saw.

CMMG probably helped BIS design the MX, which looks like the XCR and Scar-L had a baby. As you could tell (or maybe not), the MX has CMMG markings on it.

Illuminati confirmed.

On topic. No, I don't see the similarities. I see 2 very different rifles. The MX (which likely stands for Modular Experimental or something along those terms) is more along the lines of an ACR (Adaptive Combat Rifle), although there are some design differences between these 2 as well.

I thought it was like MX like "M4" but "X" being a variable for whatever.

Until you look on the other side and see the charging handle.

There is no gun like the MX. And without seeing the internal parts, there is no way to know wether the gun's based on anything or is an original design. Maybe somebody should just write to CMMG if they wanted to find out?

Afaik it was developed by a joint venture between BI and a gun smith in the States.

I always thought it's Bushmaster ACR

bushmaster-acr-rifle.jpg?d03b14

Discussion about MX rifle

Edited by enex