16 minutes ago, SN M. Buchanan said:

Is this mod still being actively developed and maintaned?

No spam or advertising:

Advertising of any commercial or personal project, product or service on these forums is not permitted. Chain letters and pyramid schemes are similarly prohibited. This includes the Personal Message service and clan recruitment outside of the Clan Recruitment forum. Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. Please do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum and do not "Bump" threads. Posting "any news", "is it out yet" or asking for a release date type posts are also spam.

Asking if a mod is still updated or maintained is different for asking when the next update is out no?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Incontinentia said:

Asking if a mod is still updated or maintained is different for asking when the next update is out no?

This debate just got someone banned for 30 days and they asked the same question as you (just a heads up dude. Of course it's not as simple as that, the conversation went on for forever. Just saying the moderators were very clear to him even asking if a mod is dead is not allowed).

Sounds like the person wasn't banned for asking the question, but because the thread kept getting bumped over an argument. So pls, lets not do that. 

Anyway, for the dev of this mod, the question stands... because it's a valid question.  Especially considering it's RHS dependent and there was just a huge RHS update.  I need to know so I can decide if I want to use it over a similar mod.  If not, I'd like to speak to you about some use of assets.  Thank you!

• Like 1

Surprise!

Yes the mod is continuing to be developed.  In fact the new RHS release has finally dissipated my hesitation to making a RHS only mod.   This mod is being rebuilt from the ground up.   Here's a few shots of the new IS infantry.  I have refactored all of the camos.  The silly logo shirts are all gone.  Some camos removed, some new ones added, others modified.

These are all one class, riflemen.  All vanilla or RHS resources:

IS_RHS_Inf_1_zps1iwkiidv.png

IS_RHS_Inf_2_zpsztc1fgrb.png 

Who's this guy?  He's sporting one of the new camos.  A "pixelated desert" that I've seen alot of the IS fighters wearing over the last few months.

IS_RHS_Inf_3_zpsvghgfki8.png

Work continues, the fate of the final structure is yet to be determined.  One thought is to keep CUP as an optional PBO, and just remove the CUP tanks.   This will require some experimentation....

• Like 5

Looking good Accuracy.  Really great mix in that pic.

Do you plan on making the next version available on Steam?

Man that looks incredible and I am well behind moving on from CUP stuff. As good as it is, RHS is just ridiculously well put together these days. Great work accuracy! 

Wow - that's no joke - seriously fine work...

Regards,

Scott

Great news about the update and you willing to go full RHS! It's a shame we'll loose the T-55 though but I think it's a small price to pay. Maybe there will be an RHS T-55 in the future?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arengada said:

Great news about the update and you willing to go full RHS! It's a shame we'll loose the T-55 though but I think it's a small price to pay. Maybe there will be an RHS T-55 in the future?

There might be a way to make that happen, stay tuned.

All of the infantry have been completed.   Now just to link up the RHS vehicles.  I may put out the first version of this revamp with just the default textures.   They will get "desertified" but that might take awhile to figure out.

• Like 6

Hello my friends, please i am looking for the name or IP address of an iraqi-syrian conflict multiplayer server that i could join? Because I have all the mods etc ... but I can not reach the server in question! thank you

Nice to see your'e updating this :) will come in handy in future missions. Will it still be Alive-compatible?

I don't understand, now correct me if i'm wrong here, i've seen a lot of SAA war videos and i've researched a bit about them. (Not that i'm trying to be an expert, i'm just fascinated by the Syrian Civil War) They haven't used the SSH68 helmets since the 1980's or am i missing something here? Great work by the way. 

^ That's what I thought in regards to the SSh68, since you're using GREF it may be worthwhile to use their woodland camo and the new woodland PAGST helmet for the SAA.

brother ... where is the FREE SYRIAN ARMY - ISLAMIC FRONT (AHRAR AL-SHAM)

And Nusra Front Called Now Hay'et Tahrir Al-Sham AND They QUIT FROM AL-QAEDA

It's Not All About Qaeda And IS

they are New Armies In This Conflict

TUKISH ARMY ON THE REBELS SIDE

RUSSIANS , IRANIAN AND CHINESE ARMY ON BASHAR SIDE

Where is Hezbollah And Liwaa Al-Quds

Where is The Shia'a People's Mobilization

They ARE Many Belligerents in This Crisis

I Know You Know IT

You Will Add it or not ?

or you Can Learn ME To ADD

GOOD EFFORT Brother

perefect Mod

Sorry On My Bad English

Edited by Salem Ali

The russians are obviously represented in RHS.  And as a dependency, making another Russian faction would be redundant.  The chinese...well if you want chinese check out the VME PLA mod.  That author already made an excellent chinese faction with very nice custom gear for them so that is covered as well.

As far as FSA, what would make them unique?  I guess I could clone an existing RHS faction and make them speak my custom language.  But the only logical sense would make them Blufor and they would probably be set dressing at best.  Is there a big demand for FSA?   The russians backing up the Syrian regime have largely wrecked them.

Yes I realize that there are tons of other factions taking part in that complicated cluster-you-know-what over there.    The list would be exhaustive.  The question is, what makes them unique or interesting enough to add?  Otherwise they would soon just be all cookie-cutter clones with different names.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2017 at 8:55 AM, Omerta0414 said:

I don't understand, now correct me if i'm wrong here, i've seen a lot of SAA war videos and i've researched a bit about them. (Not that i'm trying to be an expert, i'm just fascinated by the Syrian Civil War) They haven't used the SSH68 helmets since the 1980's or am i missing something here? Great work by the way. 

They appear to be very much still in use.

https://cdn5.img.sputniknews.com/images/103390/56/1033905606.jpg

That being said you have a good point, I'll mix them in with the more modern ones they use as well.

Good news, ISC version 10 is now upon us.   And it has now migrated to steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=874530860

CUP vehicles continues to be supported, and has now been moved to a separate companion addon:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=874540657

Changelog:

V 10.0 

- Changed: RHS GREF and SSAF dependency added
- Added: RHS vehicles
- Removed: Many legacy now obsolete A2 ported gear
- Added: Option to disable gear randomization

• Like 6

Looks great man.  Great job.

One small bug I noticed...the Pershmerga mortar doesn't have a crew attached.  It comes in empty in the editor.  Just fyi.