Erhmagurd!

I just loaded your mod for the first time. First thought, damn, I'm missing those flags on vehicles they like to show all around. Check the topic, see flags in the works! :)

Not sure if I should edit or create a new post as my last one was nearly a day ago.

Was wondering what you think about adding the Eurocopter EC635 for the Iraqis, maybe just optional (as to not increase mod dependancy).

You could even include it on your mod as it says this on the armaholic page:

License / Disclaimer:
I'm giving the permission to anyone wants to retexture it or even include it in other mods, so no need to ask me for that. Appropriate credits would be much appreciated if so.

12118596_1517269478596040_28259104192022

HAFM EC-635 Helicopter by Aplion

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28903

Video of it in action (not really graphic, just rocket and gun runs is what you see mostly, but in spoiler nonetheless):

Some guy already mentioned it a couple of months ago but I don't see a reply to that.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/179746-iraqi-syrian-conflict/page-20#entry3029462

Anyway, just a suggestion. I think your mod is already awesome. if you add those flags on top of vehicles it's already gonna be a lot more immersive. But suggestion never harm right? :)

• Like 2

Hi I'm getting a No entry bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemInfo.scope on start up of Arma and when I spawn ISIS units I get one for a balaclava and an m60

Those look like CUP vehicles, not RHS. I thought you were moving to RHS rather than CUP?

• Like 1

Hey Accuracy, I really like your mod, good work man!

Any chance you could make a rebel-truck with a ZSU or something like that, based on civilian vehicle?
See Pictures below:

http://a.scpr.org/i/9d41fed053591fe8471ed6d7901b8f19/66737-full.jpg
​https://community.bistudio.com/wikidata/images/8/8d/Arma3_CfgVehicles_B_G_Van_01_transport_F.jpg

Best Regards,

Schulz

Those look like CUP vehicles, not RHS. I thought you were moving to RHS rather than CUP?

Personally i hope this stays with CUP :)

• Like 1

Me too, I would prefer dependencies of CUP only instead of RHS+Massi !

The eventual plan is to support all options, Massi, CUP, RHS vehicles, in any combination.   For compatibility, all massi vehicles will retain the same classnames, except group names, which shouldn't matter much.  The base, non-tank vehicles that are in RHS that I want to use are in by default.  Then you just pick what mod you will to use.  This coming release will add CUP vehicles, along with the flags on vehicles.  I have a few textures yet to be made.  One good thing about CUP vehicles is a nice HMMWV GPK with a DShKM   B)

The biggest hurdle to RHS tank support is proper infantry AT weapons and also the fact that CUP / massi tanks will smoke them.  As long as the use is aware then I suspect that you all will just use one or the other.  I'm looking into an optional infantry pbo to give the infantry RHS AT.

• Like 2

Oooo I missed the part where the author said that can be included in other mods.   I have that and I actually really like that chopper.  I'll take a look at giving the Iraqis some more air support.    

Suggestions always welcomed.

Not sure if I should edit or create a new post as my last one was nearly a day ago.

Was wondering what you think about adding the Eurocopter EC635 for the Iraqis, maybe just optional (as to not increase mod dependancy).

You could even include it on your mod as it says this on the armaholic page:

License / Disclaimer:
I'm giving the permission to anyone wants to retexture it or even include it in other mods, so no need to ask me for that. Appropriate credits would be much appreciated if so.

12118596_1517269478596040_28259104192022

HAFM EC-635 Helicopter by Aplion

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28903

Video of it in action (not really graphic, just rocket and gun runs is what you see mostly, but in spoiler nonetheless):

Some guy already mentioned it a couple of months ago but I don't see a reply to that.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/179746-iraqi-syrian-conflict/page-20#entry3029462

Anyway, just a suggestion. I think your mod is already awesome. if you add those flags on top of vehicles it's already gonna be a lot more immersive. But suggestion never harm right? :)

• Like 3

Rev 1 retexture attempt of the EC635.  This will now be included in the next version (with kudos to Aplion)

IA_EC635_zpsqomgpred.png

Looks like I'll need to work aligning the colors...

• Like 7

CUP is missing some quality opfor addons, so if you were to make a CUP only version it would be a huge boost to that mod. You would probably be the first person to do it. 

And I think CUP has all the weapons/vehicles that you would need for your units so correct me if im wrong, but it would just be a simple config change? Its probably harder than that lol. 

Yes you will be able to use this mod using cup weapons / vehicles.   Along with RHS that is all that will be required.  The beard mod is totally optional.

• Like 2

Yes you will be able to use this mod using cup weapons / vehicles.   Along with RHS that is all that will be required.  The beard mod is totally optional.

Oh is it usabale now with CUP? I wouldnt miss anything? 

It says on the front page that it requires RHS and massi as well

edit: just tried it and a lot of the units are missing weapons

The next version will support CUP vehicles.  It is not released yet.   Some texture work still needs to be done.  You will still need RHS.  

You will not need Massi's vehicles unless you choose to use the optional pbo that contains those vehicles.

You will not need CUP vehicles unless you choose to use the optional pbo that contains those vehicles.

You will be able to use neither or both of the above at the same time.

The next version will support CUP vehicles.  It is not released yet.   Some texture work still needs to be done.  You will still need RHS.  

You will not need Massi's vehicles unless you choose to use the optional pbo that contains those vehicles.

You will not need CUP vehicles unless you choose to use the optional pbo that contains those vehicles.

You will be able to use neither or both of the above at the same time.

Ehhh its your mod so its your call but its kinda uneappealing to have two content mods required (RHS and CUP). Especially since they are redundant when it comes to a lot of weapons. Best to pick one and stick with it IMO. And If i were to offer my suggestion again, I would suggest CUP because RHS already has Project Opfor. CUP has nothing as of yet. 

Will we need to reopen and save old missions the first time to set the CUP dependency?  I have a couple of missions with your previous released units and vehicles and just wondering if I just need to open the mission and resave or if I still would need Massi's addons to open the mission and then resave with your CUP dependency.

Ehhh its your mod so its your call but its kinda uneappealing to have two content mods required (RHS and CUP). Especially since they are redundant when it comes to a lot of weapons. Best to pick one and stick with it IMO. And If i were to offer my suggestion again, I would suggest CUP because RHS already has Project Opfor. CUP has nothing as of yet. 

It's not about units or weapons, it's about vehicles.  Other than this mod and Massi's mod, we don't have crappy technicals or other non-state armor that aren't Hiluxes from the future and lack contemporary soft-armored vehicles.

Will we need to reopen and save old missions the first time to set the CUP dependency?  I have a couple of missions with your previous released units and vehicles and just wondering if I just need to open the mission and resave or if I still would need Massi's addons to open the mission and then resave with your CUP dependency.

It's not about units or weapons, it's about vehicles.  Other than this mod and Massi's mod, we don't have crappy technicals or other non-state armor that aren't Hiluxes from the future and lack contemporary soft-armored vehicles.

CUP has technicals, landrovers, UAZs, pradas and plenty of others

CUP has technicals, landrovers, UAZs, pradas and plenty of others

That was my point, that CUP has assets.  I think I may have just misunderstood what you were asking originally.

That was my point, that CUP has assets.  I think I may have just misunderstood what you were asking originally.

CUP does have a good number of vehicles to use.  Even though you would be losing the hilux technicals if you went CUP only, there's still a very nice spread:

CUP_IS_units_zps3ehf47xj.png

• Like 1

CUP does have a good number of vehicles to use.  Even though you would be losing the hilux technicals if you went CUP only, there's still a very nice spread:

CUP_IS_units_zps3ehf47xj.png

That's plenty of vehicles IMO.

Creating optional RHS based or CUP based versions is a brilliant move as most groups utilize one or the other as their "big"unit mod.

Thanks for doing this.

• Like 2

Hey there, big fan of this mod. I'm looking to install this on the server I run in the near future, but if the update is going to happen soon I'd rather wait for that so I don't have to update the server's mods again. Do you think I should wait or are we still a couple weeks out on the mod update?

Thanks!