Downloaded this mod and dependencies a day or so ago from plain jane arma. Its awesome but I see there are still a few kinks.

Isis balaclava and hat are missing the logo; the game complains when I try those items. I'll have to look at the logs and post exactly what errors show up.

Also sucks I can't find too many syria maps or missions. I made a few bootleg ones myself like IS vs IS, peshmerga on IS, etc on the middle east maps I did find.

In zeus mode on kandahar I could not add most units except for a handful but had all the other stuff like russia/chenrus/etc. They work fine in the 2d editor. When I figure out alive it might be easier.

Seems to get maps + this mod many many many things have to load and they might double or cause problems with eachother. Massi vehicles + RHS + CUP makes for a TON of stuff. Then again how else can you simulate ISIS vs Dombass rebels or Isis vs zombies :)

Downloaded this mod and dependencies a day or so ago from plain jane arma. Its awesome but I see there are still a few kinks.

Isis balaclava and hat are missing the logo; the game complains when I try those items. I'll have to look at the logs and post exactly what errors show up.

Also sucks I can't find too many syria maps or missions. I made a few bootleg ones myself like IS vs IS, peshmerga on IS, etc on the middle east maps I did find.

In zeus mode on kandahar I could not add most units except for a handful but had all the other stuff like russia/chenrus/etc. They work fine in the 2d editor. When I figure out alive it might be easier.

Seems to get maps + this mod many many many things have to load and they might double or cause problems with eachother. Massi vehicles + RHS + CUP makes for a TON of stuff. Then again how else can you simulate ISIS vs Dombass rebels or Isis vs zombies :)

Are you having any specific issues with these factions and ALiVE outside of the Kandahar map?

I just played on Chenarus and the units worked fine... maybe its the map.

The beret is missing the logo: 17:52:04 Warning Message: Cannot open object iraqisyrianconflict\gear\beret3\.p3d

Balaclava is just missing and no longer gives the warning for some reason. Its plain black..  I thought it was supposed to have the IS squiggle like the bandannas.

Accuracy, I'm getting some errors with your OPFOR ISIS faction and ALiVE when trying to spawn motorized/Armor/pretty much any non-infantry groups. I can't be 100% certain it's your mod, but it's the only new thing I'm using and the errors seem to indicate it's related.

No entry
'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/CUP_Img_M60A4.scope'.
class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/truck_01_base_F/AnimationSources/HitGlass1/'isnotdefined('source' accessed)
And also one about the Ural's which I couldn't capture.

This is kind of messing with ALiVE's systems as the mod does not play nicely with errors like this.

Also, what would be the chances some day that you could use RHS or CUP? I love the mod so I'm not complaining at all, but noobs like me can't really get help with errors like this from the community because no one will touch them because the factions requires so many mods.

Anyway, thanks for the amazing factions. It's really high quality and has the best ISIS faction in the game to date. The battle cries are phenomenal.

Just bumping the above - I use this mostly with ALiVE and don't have too many issues, but these errors do mess with missions a bit over time unfortunately!

Also, just a thought Accuracy, but would you consider using the new high-quality RHS GREF stuff over CUP Weapons? They have bolt action rifles and stuff and they're awesome. Also, regular old RHS has Druganovs. They sound much better, model / texture quality is much higher and they work well with ACE. Also quite nice to keep all weapons under one roof for sound design consistency etc. What do you reckon? 

• Like 3

Accuracy, I'm getting some errors with your OPFOR ISIS faction and ALiVE when trying to spawn motorized/Armor/pretty much any non-infantry groups. I can't be 100% certain it's your mod, but it's the only new thing I'm using and the errors seem to indicate it's related.

No entry
'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/CUP_Img_M60A4.scope'.
class 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/truck_01_base_F/AnimationSources/HitGlass1/'isnotdefined('source' accessed)
And also one about the Ural's which I couldn't capture.

This is kind of messing with ALiVE's systems as the mod does not play nicely with errors like this.

Also, what would be the chances some day that you could use RHS or CUP? I love the mod so I'm not complaining at all, but noobs like me can't really get help with errors like this from the community because no one will touch them because the factions requires so many mods.

Anyway, thanks for the amazing factions. It's really high quality and has the best ISIS faction in the game to date. The battle cries are phenomenal.

The first error is with CUP weapons, The second looks like Massi Vehicles.

I have considered several options with future development of this mod.  Further versions are planned to use CUP vehicles.

I've been kicking around an idea of subdividing this mod so people can use whatever they want.   I did make a RHS only version for a gamer group awhile ago.

I might splinter this mod three ways:

1)  As-is using Massi vehicles / cup weapons

2) Full CUP, weapons / vehicles

3) RHS only

This would effectively make one mod three separate mods, but this would give people options as to what addons they want to use.  No promises at this point.  I'm still looking at the feasibility of trying to keep track of three mods at once.

The next version will switch to CUP vehicles.   The config is already made, there's just a bunch of texture work to do.   Also since CUP doesn't have the Coyotas yet, those technicals will be lost.  This could break people's missions. Also CUP only has one type of T-72, the one without the ERA blocks.  Kinda a bummer.

CUP vehicles do not mesh with RHS ones, so they cannot be mixed, with the exception of lightly armored RHS ones.  Those seem to act normal.  Heavy RHS armor is wonky and their tanks barely scratch CUP / Massi tanks. Different damage models.

The only thing keeping me from using this is  the fact that it does not use RHS. 

Ah that old chestnut, well your quite free to go make your own mod that uses RHS ;)

• Like 3

Hi Accuracy. Thanks for the breakdown.

Not that you asked for it or need my input on this, but I'll share how I feel about it anyway. Please don't try to update or maintain 3 versions of your mod. I can't even imagine what a mountain that would be to climb and you will burn yourself out fast. We love your work and the last thing we want to do is see you get discouraged or overworked.

I completely agree it's for the best to drop some of the dependencies. No mod should be a slave to 3 seperate packs that all in the snap of a finger, could break with a game update, conflict with one another, or stop being supported. Not that I see Massi/RHS/CUP giving up anytime soon, but still, 3 dependencies like this has to cause you a lot of stress and I applaud you for cutting the dependencies down. It will be better for everyone.

I see you said you already have the config ready to add more CUP assets. I think that's a good call. But might I ask about the the technicals, doesn't Massi have some you could use?

Regardless, I think a mixture of CUP and Massi if that's what you go with is a really great decision.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to share your thought process on this and just know we love and admire your work. Whatever you decided will be the right choice! Go with your gut and it will all work out! :)

• Like 1

Surely there's no need for Massi's stuff if you're using CUP vehicles though? Given that Massi already has a Middle East faction out, I don't think it would be worth using Massi's weapons and those are quite similar to CUP weapons anyway. Plus I love the quality of the RHS stuff. To switch out RHS weapons for lower quality ones would suck mahoosively. It's just the RPGs now that RHS can't do so well with because of the damage values vs vehicles (is that right Accuracy?). In which case, we'll have RPGs coming with Apex quite soon (along with AKs / ARs) so maybe it's possible to fill that gap that way. 

I do agree that maintaining three versions would be a massive pain in the arse! So my vote would be CUP or Massi vehicles (either way, both are good) and RHS weapons (with Apex RPGs). Then you lose one dependency and I think, given that RHS doesn't do the right variety of vehicles, that's probably the best you'll get at this stage without compromising all Accuracy's hard work to get such awesome variety. 

Accuracy, if you're happy to give me a very quick rundown of config work I don't mind helping out on that if it would be useful? 

• Like 3

Ah gutted! Well there goes my idea. In that case, my vote goes to keeping it how it is!! 

Personally i would either use Massi, CUP or RHS. But only one mod, not a flavour of each.

• Like 2

Just a heads up, the language seems to be broken on the RC build. Not sure if this is because of config changes or a bug that will be ironed out, but thought it was worth letting you know. IS and Nusra both speak in plain old American (not sure about the rest just yet). 

Update: Looks like all custom languages currently have the same issue. RHS's Russian is also not working. I'll try to do some digging. 

• Like 1

Just a heads up, the language seems to be broken on the RC build. Not sure if this is because of config changes or a bug that will be ironed out, but thought it was worth letting you know. IS and Nusra both speak in plain old American (not sure about the rest just yet).

Update: Looks like all custom languages currently have the same issue. RHS's Russian is also not working. I'll try to do some digging.

It may be worth reporting this in the General Feedback thread over in the dev branch area. Or even its own thread.

Well that is a disturbing development.  Perhaps they changed something in the language definitions.   Expect no new release until after Apex so I can sort through whatever problems may develop and look at the new content.  Also I just now figured out my problem with RHS GREF. The darn mod was installed in an additional "addons" folder.  So I just now saw that content.  Some neat stuff in there that I might incorporate as well.

• Like 1

Curious if you can simply use the RHS armor and gear, and INHERIT the CUP, Default ARMA 3 values so the game is relatively ballistically similar? I understand why everyone wants to use the RHS gear. It is really TOP NOTCH quality and that is not saying CUP or Massi is not good either, but RHS really stands out quality wise.

Curious if you can simply use the RHS armor and gear, and INHERIT the CUP, Default ARMA 3 values so the game is relatively ballistically similar? I understand why everyone wants to use the RHS gear. It is really TOP NOTCH quality and that is not saying CUP or Massi is not good either, but RHS really stands out quality wise.

I would prefer this as well. The mod is awesome, but to be honest: I usually try to not use mods that use cup weapons. Rhs is so much better. I would even go so far to say it's CUP<RHS<NIArms/HLC when it comes to weapons used by factions. Even if they are only used by opfor I prefer to have the best available weapons, just for the rare cases where you're out of ammo and have to pick up one of them.

Pesh_Rifleman_zpsk22rxxk7.png

Pesh_Infantry_zps6wzpcbsl.png

Just one question, why are all the kurds white? Kurds in Real life look just like their persian and arab neighbors because they share similar roots. Sometimes kurds are a little lighter in terms of skin tone but generally they look just like arabs and Iranians:

t

this is an image of kurdish forces from 1991

kurdish-fighters.jpg

admittedly the default Iranian/CSAT player model is a bit dark for kurds and even the majority of Iranians, but it's still more appropriate for kurds than blonde, blue eyed European looking models

Guys, what Arma version should I have to run this mod smoothly?

I have Alpha 1. Should I have 1.60?

Also, I get the blaclava error when running ISC alone without supporting mods.

When combining all dependencies, the editor crashes to desktop without giving me any error.

Please help me.

Many addons/mods have already been updated since last Apex update but not ISC yet - it seems it should be updated too, to avoid errors and crashes.

For example, CUP_Weapons_l7a2.pbo has been removed from CUP weapons mod (see last CUP Weapons changelog: "CUP_Weapons_L7 - removed package, merged all data and configs into M240 folder)".

I can still run the ISC mod but I have this error message when trying to add an IS team into the editor: 

_this #addGoggles (_facewear select _rnd2);
Error addGoggles: Type Number, String expected
File IraqiSyrianConflict\IS\script\randomize_gear.sqf line 44

Thank you for the error report.  Please continue to keep them coming as they are found.   They will be squashed as I have the time to address them.   I do this in my spare time and RL dictates that I have none from time to time.   I just downloaded the CUP updates so I can properly take a look at things.

• Like 5

Great, thank you for this information accuracythruvolume. I suppose it shouldn't be complicated to fix as these errors seems to be caused by a few modifications on last CUP update.

Anyway, sorry, I forgot to say thank you for this great mod :)

No worries, I know changes brought about by other updates can be frustrating.  The CUP weapons issue has been fixed.   Still working on the strange addgoggles.  EDIT:  Fixed this one   :)

I might have to redo the custom language definition again   :blink:

• Like 1