Hmm I don't think it's possible to accurately create YPG forces atm as I don't think the right camo pattern is in there, nor are there any YPG patches or flags? Whatever choice is made by Accuracy, I can't wait to see the next version!

Hi, I love this mod so much, it's a great mod. Can I make a suggestion for the daesh faction? Could you add variety of balaclavas for them pls, as they wearing them a lot. Thank you.

It may be very time consuming for Accuracy, true. But then, with all those uniforms you could create your own SDF/YPG units with the VA. I don't think Accuracy is working on SDF/YPG as until now, only Peshmerga have been available. I've created my own YPG and Peshmerga special forces using the VA and used them in some missions.

I'd say, if it takes an insane amount of time to implement, it may not be worth it. Maybe add some mechanised/motorised infantry groups (vehicle+infantry units) for all factions instead ;)

Not sure in what way the YPG units can be made to set them apart from other armies.  They don't really have access to alot of vehicles.  Do they have some kind on unique garb?

Hi, I love this mod so much, it's a great mod. Can I make a suggestion for the daesh faction? Could you add variety of balaclavas for them pls, as they wearing them a lot. Thank you.

Hmm thought I had a bunch of those in the mix... I'll look into that.

Something else is afoot..

IA_Vehicles_zpsjxmqrhqf.png

• Like 3

Not sure in what way the YPG units can be made to set them apart from other armies.  They don't really have access to alot of vehicles.  Do they have some kind on unique garb?

A lot of YPG forces I've seen wear this camo:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CqLZKpFPipM/VXoQwXoGNDI/AAAAAAAAE3o/_FYot59R9f0/s1600/IFB%2Bthree.jpg

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-KY689_turkur_J_20151027133025.jpg

Apart from this pattern they are distinguishable by their patches and their red or colourful keffiyehs: http://www.stuff.co.nz/content/dam/images/1/4/7/9/m/1/image.gallery.galleryLandscape.600x400.1479k8.png/1427398562815.jpg

Above all it is still a militia of course and there is no standard uniform afaik, but they definitely do have a unique look. I think they could be presented very well in the game as an INDEP faction, seen their cooperation with both the SAA and the Iraqi Peshmerga.

They make use of self-fabricated tanks and toyotas.

New vehicles look absolutely smashing btw.

Got this one working.  Strangely enough, a plain black one, the one it's based off of, doesn't want to work  o.0

IS_balacava_zpsq1ojqyxo.png

• Like 2

A lot of YPG forces I've seen wear this camo:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CqLZKpFPipM/VXoQwXoGNDI/AAAAAAAAE3o/_FYot59R9f0/s1600/IFB%2Bthree.jpg

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-KY689_turkur_J_20151027133025.jpg

Apart from this pattern they are distinguishable by their patches and their red or colourful keffiyehs: http://www.stuff.co.nz/content/dam/images/1/4/7/9/m/1/image.gallery.galleryLandscape.600x400.1479k8.png/1427398562815.jpg

Above all it is still a militia of course and there is no standard uniform afaik, but they definitely do have a unique look. I think they could be presented very well in the game as an INDEP faction, seen their cooperation with both the SAA and the Iraqi Peshmerga.

They make use of self-fabricated tanks and toyotas.

New vehicles look absolutely smashing btw.

Looks like some kind of woodland marpat, with some more white in the mix.  I'll see if I can find  a reference camo to make a pattern from.   I might be able to do a shemagg in that color pattern.

They could be given the offroad and toyotas easy enough.  Maybe give them a T34?

Groveroy, thanks for reminding me about the balacavas.  I had done them awhile ago but never did get them working right.   Problem fixed.

IS_balacavas_zps2uw52yvg.png

• Like 1

Looks like some kind of woodland marpat, with some more white in the mix.  I'll see if I can find  a reference camo to make a pattern from.   I might be able to do a shemagg in that color pattern.

They could be given the offroad and toyotas easy enough.  Maybe give them a T34?

Great, very glad to hear! I think they use the woodland digital camo ( http://cdn3.volusion.com/ezxrc.xcwfb/v/vspfiles/photos/130204-2.jpg?1392210957     -    http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aamm_prd/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-joann-product-catalog/default/dw1bd6ab12/images/hi-res/11/1153105.jpg ), with a triangle with the YPG flag on their shoulders. I have seen videos of YPG with t-55's and t-72's captured from ISIS, I don't believe they possess and use them at a wide scale (if they did, they wouldn't build their own tanks I imagine) but it does mean they could be added to their faction

).

Well after a long wait,  version 6 has been released!   The Iraqi Army has entered the fray.  Also the peshmerga now have a mixture of vehicles.

Details below:

V 6.0  25/MAR/2016
- Added: Peshmerga vehicles
- Added: Iraqi Army
- Added: Balacavas to IS units
- Fixed: Bad vehicle type with the sappers 
- Misc: Addon items listed in the Readme

Snag it on the first page!

• Like 1

Groveroy, thanks for reminding me about the balacavas.  I had done them awhile ago but never did get them working right.   Problem fixed.

IS_balacavas_zps2uw52yvg.png

Holysmoke thats very niice! LOVE IT, YOU ROCK! I should be the one who say thank you lol! THANK YOU!!

Well after a long wait,  version 6 has been released!   The Iraqi Army has entered the fray.  Also the peshmerga now have a mixture of vehicles.

Details below:

V 6.0  25/MAR/2016

You need to update the link dude!

Details below:

V 6.0  25/MAR/2016

thanks accuracythruvolume but the Dl-link is v0.5  :( , readme too

Hrmmm, looks like it was pointing to the right one on mediafire. I redid the link anyway.  Armaholic might not be updated yet.  I deleted the v05 file from mediafire just in case.  I'm sure foxhound will get to armaholic shortly   B)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fsf4s3phwj16tsr/%40ISC_v06.7z

I can also confirm that PWS has been updated correctly, thanks kecharles28!

• Like 1

Wow, the new version is out! Congratulations Accuracy, those new vehicles look great. You've done awesome job again. They were much needed!

If you are seriously considering adding YPG/SDF units to the mod, please find some links in addition to those provided by other posters below for reference:

YPG Special Forces (YAT)    Video

YPG T55

YPG T72 upgraded with slate armor

YPG/SDF Humvee

YPG/SDF Humvee and: BDRM in the back?

Would it be possible to add mechanised/motorised infantry groups to all factions (i.e. APC + infantry) like the ones vanilla or RHS has?

Would it also be possible to increase the factor in which the Peshmerga spawn with a helmet? They don't spawn with one 90% of the time. While I agree they should not always have helmets it is very rare to see them with one.

Sorry for being cheeky :P

Yes it looks like I'm going to add some YPG units.   Kinda depends if I can get the Shemagg texture that I want to use for them working.  Also I need to get that funky digital camo.

That and the small faction of the Iraqi Police are all that is planned for this mod.   Once those are done, the idea of shifting over from Massi's vehicles to CUP vehicles will be looked into.  That way if people don't want to switch there will still be a version out there with all the factions in it.  That's the plan, anyway.

Yeah I have the peshmerga set to have a 5% chance of a helmet.  All reference photos show very few of them having helmets, minus the CTG.  Those dudes are kitted out.

--ATV

• Like 3

One more thing I was wondering: Why are there so many blonde white dudes in the Peshmerga?

Yes it looks like I'm going to add some YPG units.   Kinda depends if I can get the Shemagg texture that I want to use for them working.  Also I need to get that funky digital camo.

That and the small faction of the Iraqi Police are all that is planned for this mod.   Once those are done, the idea of shifting over from Massi's vehicles to CUP vehicles will be looked into.  That way if people don't want to switch there will still be a version out there with all the factions in it.  That's the plan, anyway.

Yeah I have the peshmerga set to have a 5% chance of a helmet.  All reference photos show very few of them having helmets, minus the CTG.  Those dudes are kitted out.

--ATV

Nice. Good to hear about potentially dropping a dependency. Needing CUP, Massi, and RHS mods can be daunting when trying to get your group to join a server.

Yeah, honestly this mod could contain about 20 different factions considering how broad the conflict has gotten. Iranian Army, Hezbollah, FSA, YPG, US and Russian Spec Ops, etc.

It has definitely become a proxy war.

Is there a Blufor Free Syrian Army faction by chance?

--ATV

Great! YPG are planned in! Please do share any progress you make with their camo, I'm sure it won't be easy to implement. Thanks again for this excellent mod.

BTW, this new 6.0 version should feature on the Armaholic front page

Not sure why they bother with camo if they're going to wear that Keffiyeh into battle.

• Like 1

Great! The first variant with ak-webbing would be spot on. Keffiyehs look really fancy too.