Hello

1. Why when start the game, I'm reloading ? And all bots too. I have all mods .

2. why the Syrian army has a green flag and not Syrian?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/53/Flag_of_Syria.svg/375px-Flag_of_Syria.svg.png

1. I think it's because of the randomisation feature. Each time you start a mission each unit gets a random appearance and loadout.

2. It's the Syrian Arab Army Flag https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Army#/media/File:Syrian_Arab_Army_Flag.svg

Would be awesome if you could update this to include russian forces and if someone could make a map of syria covering Latakia and Aleppo with russian base spawn in Latakia and Isis spawn in Aleppo..

Sorry I'm late to the party but I just loaded up this mod but there's no actual scenarios for it.. I know it's working cause in the editor I can see options to place @ISC units but how are you guys actually playing this ?

Sorry I'm late to the party but I just loaded up this mod but there's no actual scenarios for it.. I know it's working cause in the editor I can see options to place @ISC units but how are you guys actually playing this ?

I can't speak for anyone else, but 98 percent of the time I play my own scenarios made with the editor. I'm also pretty sure it is Alive compatible so that is another option.

seems like a lot of work doesnt it? and just placing units with no scripts or movement....

seems like a lot of work doesnt it? and just placing units with no scripts or movement....

Not sure what you mean? You can do all that with the editor. Just watch a few tutorials on youtube and start messing around in it. Start out just placing a few groups and giving them some waypoints. It may seem kind of daunting at first but you'll eventually get the hang of it..

Ok

Which map to use? Cause I only have altis, stratis, and kunuz, Afghanistan

Ok

Whichever one you want, download some more if you want a bigger selection. If you want to continue this conversation let's do it via pm so we don't fill this thread with off topic posts. 

I want to use this to make a life server but I have no idea what map to use. It really is a shame there is not one single Syria map for Arma...

Ok

You can use MCC Sandbox mod to easily create missions in seconds! I always use Altis as map, the Mediterranean setting fits well to this mod. You can also download a map pack and use maps such as Zargabad or Takistan.

This mod requires CUP now for some reason? is that correct? Because in my game it creates an error between CUP and ACE3 making it impossible to start playing.

Is anyone else having problems with the factions showing up in ALiVE? Specifically I'm trying to use the independent factions from the Iraqi-Syrian Conflict mod which is listed on the supported factions page of the ALiVE Wiki.  I keep getting an error message saying "There are no groups for OPCOM faction ["isc_is_i", "isc_alNusra_i"] Please check if you chose the correct faction, and that the faction has groups defined in the Arma 3 default categories infantry, motorized, mechanized, armored, air, sea!"   Has anyone else run into this issue or possibly have a solution to this?  Other factions have worked correctly, but the ones from this mod are not. Any ideas?

The faction names are (mostly) in capital letters.  I see lower case in your declarations.

Try these:

ISC_PESH_B -- Peshmerga

ISC_SAA_O -- Syrian Arab Army

ISC_IS_O -- Islamic State (Opfor)

ISC_IS_I -- Islamic State (Independent)

ISC_alNusra_I -- al-Nusra Front (Independent)

Just wanted to say this is a great unit pack.

I've used these ISIS troops in several ALiVE missions I've built.  Very very good stuff. 

I'd piggy back on with others that some BLUFOR factions such as Syrian Government troops would be a nice addition to fight the ISIS troops.

Just wanted to say this is a great unit pack.

I've used these ISIS troops in several ALiVE missions I've built.  Very very good stuff. 

I'd piggy back on with others that some BLUFOR factions such as Syrian Government troops would be a nice addition to fight the ISIS troops.

ISIS is both on the OPFOR and IND side.   You can use that to make your SAA vs. ISIS scenarios.

Quick question...

SInce you use all of the major mods in this mod (CUP, Massi's stuff, RHS Escalation) what is the "damage" more geared towards? 

Escalation units handle damage and armor penetration much differently than CUP or Massi, both of which are based more on Vanilla style damage.

Just want to make sure I don't run into "wonkiness" such as not being able to blow up an ISIS APC with a certain mod Rocket or having to shoot an ISIS figher 35 times with either an RHS weapon or a Massi weapon.

Thanks in advance.

Just FYI for anyone using this pack...

I just spent a couple of hours playtesting the different weapons packs against the Iraq Syrian vehicles.  The "hodge podge" of some Massi vehicles, some RHS vehicles is definitely causing issues.  For example...some of the ISIS tanks are impenetrable to CUP or RHS launchers but others blow up fine.  

Obviously..this can cause some pretty big issues in game when using different launchers against different vehicles.

The fix I would recommend is to always use the Real Armor mod in conjunction with this mod.  As soon as I restarted with RAM activated....the RHS launchers and CUP launchers were able to destroy all ISIS vehicles.  

I figured some other folks who want to start using this pack should know that.  Great pack and I'm glad I found a fix.

Accuracy...I would recommend going either all Massi or All RHS on Vehicles in the future so that the damage/armor values stay the same across the board within a certain faction.  Just my .02.

• Like 1

Hi Accuracy,

I'd like to get the Peshmerga to use their helmets most of the time but i can't figure out how (now they hardly ever spawn with a Helmet). I though that simply changing Headgearprobability from 5 to 70 or 100 would be enough but that doesn't seem to work. I'm obviously missing something, could you tell me how to do it?

Those peshmerga need something on their heads, winter is coming!

Hi Accuracy,

I'd like to get the Peshmerga to use their helmets most of the time but i can't figure out how (now they hardly ever spawn with a Helmet). I though that simply changing Headgearprobability from 5 to 70 or 100 would be enough but that doesn't seem to work. I'm obviously missing something, could you tell me how to do it?

Those peshmerga need something on their heads, winter is coming!

You can do this by an alternative way which one I prefer because you can actually put whatever you want on a unit.

Put this on your init.sqf:

while {true} do
{
	{
    if(side _x == sideyouwant) then {
        _x unassignItem "actualhelmet";
        _x removeItem "actualhelme";
		_x addHeadgear "helmetyouwant";		
							 };
	} 
		foreach (allUnits);

sleep 1800;

}

If the units are constantly spawned you just need to put a smaller sleep time.

Thanks luks7n but I'm not sure it's working. Have you tried it with ISC? Won't the randomisation feature be in the way?

Hi! WIll the latest PPE and 'hitpoints' A3 changes be represented in ISC?  Thanks for the mod btw, I use it all the time!

Also, I use ACE and i find the random gear seems to overide my units having ear plugs and other gear i try to add via config for ALIVE (for example, laser designator).

is there any other none nato sf russian vehicle and cup requirement version?

is there any other none nato sf russian vehicle and cup requirement version?

Are you asking for a version that requires neither CUP or massi's vehicles?

I did a custom version for the UO guys awhile back that only uses RHS as a dependency.  Infantry only, no vehicles with custom logos.