Do you plan on adding the Syrian Republican guard, as they are a very important part of the current conflict.

Can you briefly sum up how the Syrian Republican Guard are different than the Syrian Arab Army? That may help his decision.

Do you plan on adding the Syrian Republican guard, as they are a very important part of the current conflict.

Right now NDF units are planned, and that is about it for the syrian gov. forces. How would the guard stand out being different from the SAA?

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Is it possible to remove the shades for ISIS units?

Agreed, it seems a little off. Looking into ways to make them way less prevalent.

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

btw any word about maybe using RHS?

Specificially vehicles?

I'm tossing around the idea of making it an optional replacement. This would only come to pass after the base armies that are planned are taken care of.

Also thinking about making a massi option. With the above caveat.

Bug Report:

Hi, just to let you know that I get a CTD while using your mod, the latest dev branch update and the showcase Firing from vehicle or the workshop mission On the Other Side (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185987292&searchtext=). I'm also using PWS.

After a while I though it was not a bug, because I can reproduce it without your mod, but I think another mod in my list do the exact same problem. Anyway, when using your mod alone in PWS, I get these CTD...

Thanks!

Edited by papy.rabbit.08

Well the Syrian Republican guard, use better equipment and wear the wolf patch on there uniform...they are the elite infantry and are used as the assault infantry and to secure special personnel and special military sites.

Bug Report:

Hi, just to let you know that I get a CTD while using your mod, the latest dev branch update and the showcase Firing from vehicle or the workshop mission On the Other Side (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=185987292&searchtext=). I'm also using PWS.

After a while I though it was not a bug, because I can reproduce it without your mod, but I think another mod in my list do the exact same problem. Anyway, when using your mod alone in PWS, I get these CTD...

Thanks!

I've kept trying to load up DEV here and there since before this mod was released, and i'm getting CTD too. I don't even know which mod is causing it (cause I run about 4 million..), but it's an error with DEV- not the mods. There is nothing this mod maker can do to fix dev's CTD's.

---------- Post added at 06:38 ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 ----------

Well the Syrian Republican guard, use better equipment and wear the wolf patch on there uniform...they are the elite infantry and are used as the assault infantry and to secure special personnel and special military sites.

Hm use better equipment? Like what? Are we talking rifles or vehicles? As far as I know (...though i'm not an expert), there are no vehicles or weapons especially reserved for one section of the Syrian armed forces... just maybe better stocking of the same equipment (as in same T-72 or BMP, just more likely to be present with the battalion). So basically, if you wanted to simulate a Republican Guard company... just give them a BMP or two.. and that's it. Want them to be regs? Well, give them a BTR instead. ETC.

As far as arm patches though, I'm not the mod maker but I hardly see that as warranting a whole new faction to include it. As a mission maker, it would be a pain to have the factions list chocked full of 'different' factions who simply have different arm patches.

---------- Post added at 06:49 ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 ----------

@AccuracyThruVolume , I made a list of bugs/issue's with the mod... erm then I lost it (kids probably ripped it up), but here is what I can remember off the top of my head:

1) Units sometimes start with no gun. I have seen this with both SAA and IS.

2) Nusra don't have enough ammo. They only have 2 mags each or something like that.

3) Nusra machine-gunners (or what ever they are called) start with no ammo at all.

4) IS have no AA units. Although I don't think they would have heaps, there should be a random chance of a MANPAD being spawned with a squad, or at the very least, there should be an AA unit in the individual unit list.

I've kept trying to load up DEV here and there since before this mod was released, and i'm getting CTD too. I don't even know which mod is causing it (cause I run about 4 million..), but it's an error with DEV- not the mods. There is nothing this mod maker can do to fix dev's CTD's.

---------- Post added at 06:38 ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 ----------

Hm use better equipment? Like what? Are we talking rifles or vehicles? As far as I know (...though i'm not an expert), there are no vehicles or weapons especially reserved for one section of the Syrian armed forces... just maybe better stocking of the same equipment (as in same T-72 or BMP, just more likely to be present with the battalion). So basically, if you wanted to simulate a Republican Guard company... just give them a BMP or two.. and that's it. Want them to be regs? Well, give them a BTR instead. ETC.

As far as arm patches though, I'm not the mod maker but I hardly see that as warranting a whole new faction to include it. As a mission maker, it would be a pain to have the factions list chocked full of 'different' factions who simply have different arm patches.

---------- Post added at 06:49 ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 ----------

@AccuracyThruVolume , I made a list of bugs/issue's with the mod... erm then I lost it (kids probably ripped it up), but here is what I can remember off the top of my head:

2) Nusra don't have enough ammo. They only have 2 mags each or something like that.

3) Nusra machine-gunners (or what ever they are called) start with no ammo at all.

4) IS have no AA units. Although I don't think they would have heaps, there should be a random chance of a MANPAD being spawned with a squad, or at the very least, there should be an AA unit in the individual unit list.

The republican guard uses this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9A-91

And is also much more well equiped than the normal syrian army.

This would be something along the lines of always wearing body armor the alike

[/color]@AccuracyThruVolume , I made a list of bugs/issue's with the mod... erm then I lost it (kids probably ripped it up), but here is what I can remember off the top of my head:

Thanks for the bug report. I'll look into it. Been stuck with IRL crazy work schedule lately.

--ATV

Amazing mod! However, I have a little problem... in editor all works fine. When I upload the mission to the dedicated server, there are no vehicles. Any ideas? I also get the error "Cannot open object mas_vehicle\spg\og9.p3d." Wonder if its linked to that?

Thanks, and sorry if anyone already asked.

Amazing mod! However, I have a little problem... in editor all works fine. When I upload the mission to the dedicated server, there are no vehicles. Any ideas? I also get the error "Cannot open object mas_vehicle\spg\og9.p3d." Wonder if its linked to that?

Thanks, and sorry if anyone already asked.

All vehicles are based off of Massi's vehicles. Are you loading that mod in the mod list before ISC for the dedi?

I started seeing that og9 error with the introductions of 1.42. It doesn't appear to affect anything.

More WIP:

Pesh_3_Color_zpsqgxizv2g.jpg

Are those iraki pashmerga or rojava YPG? I think YPG use marpat green, plus a woodland color chest rig.

Are those iraki pashmerga or rojava YPG? I think YPG use marpat green, plus a woodland color chest rig.

Iraqi Peshmerga. They will have a mixture of 3 color desert and woodland, with a heavier amount of woodland, randomized. They will rarely have a helmet.

Found and squashed the bug that was leading to the infantry sometimes spawning with no weapon.

Peshmerga infantry / groups are working, but need some more tweaking.

Iraqi Peshmerga. They will have a mixture of 3 color desert and woodland, with a heavier amount of woodland, randomized. They will rarely have a helmet.

Found and squashed the bug that was leading to the infantry sometimes spawning with no weapon.

Peshmerga infantry / groups are working, but need some more tweaking.

Man thanks for your mod, take your time doing this.

1. IS >> use less face covers, less glasses, add some with no head gear

2. Al-Ns >> the same as IS

3. SAA >> Good as they are, I know vehicles are coming soon.

4. Peshmerga >> awaiting release :D (are they going to be Bluefor??)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Iraki Armed Forces >> hope you have them in mind.

6. YPG maybe add them as a sub-branch under Peshmerga, with less high quality equipment

7. FSA >> hope they are added too.

Man thanks for your mod, take your time doing this.

1. IS >> use less face covers, less glasses, add some with no head gear

2. Al-Ns >> the same as IS

3. SAA >> Good as they are, I know vehicles are coming soon.

4. Peshmerga >> awaiting release :D (are they going to be Bluefor??)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Iraki Armed Forces >> hope you have them in mind.

6. YPG maybe add them as a sub-branch under Peshmerga, with less high quality equipment

7. FSA >> hope they are added too.

1. This is being looked into. Waaay too many glasses...

2. Diddo, although they prefer to be covered

3. SAA vehicles are waiting for some custom textures

4. Yup! Blufor:

Peshmerga_List_zpsuvolyu7o.jpg

5. Iraqi Army is planned for the future.

6. Gonna be several kurdistan factions.

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 ----------

Ah so in the modline load massi russian vehicles after this mod?

Before. Something like this:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@ASDG_JR;@CUP;@mas_nato_rus_sf_veh;@TacticalBeards;@ISC;@ALiVE;

Have you considered making some PKK fighters too?

YPG are PKK. When the PKK operate in Rojava, they go under the banner of the YPG. There is little difference between the forces bar the spelling of their names and where the soil under their boots is.

However just for some clarification, and possibly better understanding, the Peshmerga are not PKK. And not just because of spelling or area of operation, but by leadership, ideology, and practically every other factor (other than that they are both Kurdish).

YPG are PKK. When the PKK operate in Rojava, they go under the banner of the YPG. There is little difference between the forces bar the spelling of their names and where the soil under their boots is.

However just for some clarification, and possibly better understanding, the Peshmerga are not PKK. And not just because of spelling or area of operation, but by leadership, ideology, and practically every other factor (other than that they are both Kurdish).

I might be wrong, but the difference between PKK and YPG is YPG allow westerners and other small ethnic groups in their ranks?

then what I would suggest is having a sub group under ISC-Peshmerga called ISC-Kurdish Fighters.

Fighter

Fighter AT

Fighter Machingunner

Fighter Sniper

Fighter Medic

Fighter Officer

Fighter grenadier

and all these have a mix of just arm, chestrig, body armor patches with the logos of PKK or YPG, when put in map, it would randomly select.

You might have 3 YPG and 5 PKK in a squad or with many different outcomes. That would make it easier for Accuracy.

I might be wrong, but the difference between PKK and YPG is YPG allow westerners and other small ethnic groups in their ranks?

then what I would suggest is having a sub group under ISC-Peshmerga called ISC-Kurdish Fighters.

Fighter

Fighter AT

Fighter Machingunner

Fighter Sniper

Fighter Medic

Fighter Officer

Fighter grenadier

and all these have a mix of just arm, chestrig, body armor patches with the logos of PKK or YPG, when put in map, it would randomly select.

You might have 3 YPG and 5 PKK in a squad or with many different outcomes. That would make it easier for Accuracy.

Ok to begin with, I'm pretty sure anyone can join the PKK... you interested? (keep in mind they are a terrorist listed organisation :p). And as I already said, the YPG are PKK- the former is a sister group which was formed by the latter. So in that way, any foreign fighters joining the YPG are actually joining the PKK... which is why there has been so much debate about any Western support in battles such as Kobane. Many have been asking (and Turkey has been crying about) the legality of arming the YPG when they are part of a terrorist listed organisation. It's why the US instantly threw themselves behind the Peshmerga, but only at the last minute bailed Kobane out with air-strikes and very very few ammunition drops.

As I already said, the only difference between the PKK and YPG is where the fighter is standing. When the PKK fighters cross from Turkey into Syria to fight there, they 'join' the YPG... and by join I mean change the patch on their jacket, but continue to fight for the same overall ideology (marxism/Kurdish nationalism) and organisation. In fact there is actually tension between the groups over several issues- one being the PKK/YPG over-staying their welcome in Shingar and raising their own local militias there from the Yazidi's. The KRG is worried about this encroachment on their territory and the potential for it to be anexed by the PKK/YPG.

Bringing it all back to the mod and your final point, the PKK/YPG should not be mixed in with the Peshmerga. They are 2 totally separate organisations with different authorities and ideologies (the Peshmerga are not Marxist)

Also if both the PKK and YPG are added, I think they can (probably should be) be added with one faction, with sub-factions to alter any flag on uniforms, etc.

Edited by owmyeye

There are differences between PKK and YPG, PKK is listed as terrorist organization by the Turkey, while YPG not. Although I dunno much about these two groups but since I following the syria civil war reddit they always say PKK is not same with YPG.

There are differences between PKK and YPG, PKK is listed as terrorist organization by the Turkey, while YPG not. Although I dunno much about these two groups but since I following the syria civil war reddit they always say PKK is not same with YPG.

Sorry mate, you don't know what you are talking about. You follow the Syrian civil war on reddit? I have personally typed 15,235 words of notes following the Syrian and Iraq conflicts for post 2011. I have wrote/edited many of the pages on Wikipedia in regards to to the war and related groups.

You talk about the difference between the groups being a terrorist label, but that isn't a relevant difference (especially not for this mod). Did you know that Jabhat al-Nusra was formed by al-Qaeda's official branch in Iraq, and led by veteran al-Qaeda operatives, yet it took a year before the US designated them as a terrorist group? Would you tell me that al-Nusra and al-Qaeda were 'different' in that year, but with a click of the US's designating finger, they were suddenly the same? The exact same set up with al-Nusra being formed by ISI/al-Qaeda has occurred with the YPG being formed by the PKK. The only reason why the YPG hasn't had the official label is because they aren't a threat to the US and no attacks against Turkey have been claimed in that name- yet individuals who are members of the PKK and have fought/killed Turkish forces serve in the YPG ranks and are in the leadership. Beyond the technicality of who has 'officially' declared who- there are 'unofficial' accusations against the YPG as being a terrorist group and wholly a subsidiary of the PKK (and thus attributed to all the acts of the PKK). For example, here is one random news article titled "A U.S.-designated terrorist group [YPG] is saving Yazidis and battling the Islamic State".. It calls the YPG "an offshoot of the PKK", and also states; "Portraits of Abdullah Ocalan, the jailed founder of the PKK and a hero to many Kurdish nationalists, are ubiquitous in YPG camps". Here is another link where a Turkish presidential spokesman called them the "terrorist YPG".

I can't engage in a lengthy debate or continue giving more references, as that would be getting off topic from the mod this thread is about. I have said as much about I did though, because I want the mod to be an accurate reflection of the conflict.

There is no point making a separate YPG faction from the PKK- unless you really really care about small cosmetic things like arm patches. Also to repeat another point, which you didn't mention but is also in the same basket for misunderstandings, the YPG/PKK must be separate from the Peshmerga, as they are ideologically different, manned by different people, and have different allies (hence why the West and even Turkey are pouring aid into the KRG, but they barely did anything to directly help the YPG in Kobane).

Edited by owmyeye

Could you please remove the low ress multicam, its just out of place and maybe also remove the flektran.

please

Edited by Theodor

Heya, since the recent Arma update the gear randomization seems to not be working on servers. Here's what the rpt says:

7:32:04 Error in expression <rms\IS_woodland_2_t_woodland_1_b.paa"
] select _randomSeed1];
};
if ((_class == >
7:32:04   Error position: <select _randomSeed1];
};
if ((_class == >
7:32:04   Error Zero divisor
7:32:04 File IraqiSyrianConflict\IS\script\randomize_gear.sqf, line 364

I checked and in IS\script\randomize_gear.sqf, you do "_rnd1 = floor random 288;", but you only have 272 total textures in the array. I think that's what's causing it.

Just letting you know, love your mod and our community is super eager to play with it.

Edited by Divaya