ynK2xgV.jpg

Current Version: 10

Description:

Greetings Arma fans. I submit to you this humble contribution to the mod-a-verse. This addon is meant to represent factions either currently or within recent history that are fighting in the Iraqi-Syrian warzone. Included in the current release:

- Islamic State (Opfor and Independent)
- al-Nusra Front (Independent)
- Syrian Arab Army (Opfor)
- Peshmerga (Blufor)

- Iraqi Army (Blufor)

- Iraqi Police (Blufor)

- YPG (Blufor)

Features:

- Massive amount of custom uniform textures, over 300 in the initial release alone. Mostly mismatched camo.
- Randomized weapons and gear
- Classnames list included in the readme
- ALIVE compatible

- Custom language for IS and al-Nusra

- Support for Massi's Vehicle mod pack, Cup Vehicles, or both.  Take your pick!

Factions are:

ISC_IA_B -- Iraqi Army (Blufor)

ISC_IP_B -- Iraqi Police (Blufor)

ISC_PESH_B -- Peshmerga  (Blufor)

ISC_YPG_B -- YPG (Blufor)

ISC_SAA_O -- Syrian Arab Army (Opfor)

ISC_IS_O -- Islamic State (Opfor)

ISC_IS_I -- Islamic State (Independent)

ISC_alNusra_I -- al-Nusra Front (Independent)

Requirements:

- RHS: Escalation

- RHS: GREF

- RHS: SAF
- CBA

Optional:

- Community Upgrade Project Weapons

- Community Upgrade Project Vehicles

- iNTERBRED's Tactical Beards (will provide more variety)

To use CUP vehicles:

- Find the companion addon mod labeled "Iraqi-Syrian Conflict-CUP Vehicles addon" on the steam workshop and subscribe to it as well.

Changelog:

V 10.0  28/FEB/2017

- Changed: RHS GREF and SSAF dependency added
- Added: RHS vehicles
- Removed: Many legacy now obsolete A2 ported gear
- Added: Option to disable gear randomization

V 9.0  6/OCT/2016

- Changed: Additional vehicles are now optional
- Added: Support for usage of CUP vehicles
- Added: Flags on certain CUP vehicles
- Added: New vehicle textures
- Added: SP Craig's SSh68 Helmets to SAA
- Added: Aplion's excellent EC635 included, all credits to him for a nice chopper!

V 8.0  14/JUL/2016

- Changed: Reverted Peshmerga MRAP texture to default.  Unhappy how it looked.
- Fixed: Errors created by Apex release and CUP updates
- Fixed: Error in random gear script

V 7.0

- Added: YPG
- Added: Iraqi Police
- Added: Custom Language to IS and al-Nusra units
- Changed: Redid random weapons. Infantry units should no longer need to reload after a random weapon is assigned
- Fixed: Texture mismatch on SAA BMP-2
- Fixed: Texture mismatch on al-Nusra BMP-1

V 6.0  25/MAR/2016
- Added: Peshmerga vehicles
- Added: Iraqi Army
- Added: Balacavas to IS units
- Fixed: Bad vehicle type with the sappers 
- Misc: Addon items listed in the Readme

V 5.0   28/AUG/2015
- Fixed: Error in VA with the PASGT helmet
- Fixed: Peshmerga MRAP groups were on the wrong side
- Added: Replaced many CUP weapons with RHS ones
- Added: M113 to IS factions
- Added: IS Tan uniform

V 4.0   21/AUG/2015

- Fixed an error in virtual arsenal with the alNusra combat uniform
- Fixed an issue with custom vehicle textures in multiplayer
- Added empty vehicles for al-Nusra, SAA, and Peshmerga
- Added MRAPs to Peshmerga
- Added Depencency: RHS

V 3.0   12/MAY/2015

- Fixed: Issue where sometimes infantry units would spawn with no weapon.
- Fixed: AT infantry units would have the wrong rocket ammo
- Fixed: ISIS and al-Nusra should (hopefully) spawn minus eyewear now
- Fixed: Array of random IS uniform textures was incorrect length (thanks Divaya for the report)
- Added: SAA Armor and Aircraft
- Added: Peshmerga Infantry to Blufor

V 2.0:   28/MAR/2015
- al-Nusra vehicles now have proper faction textures
- Added Syrian Arab Army infantry units
- Zeus Compatibility (crosses fingers)

v 1.0 20/MAR/2015
- first release

Bugs and known issues:

- Strange black bar on the rear of some of the BMPs.

- Probably broke something else, let me know!

Further Improvements:

- ??

Credit where credit is due:

AccuracyThruVolume: Config work and general keyboard headbutting. Also uniform textures.
ghostjaeger07: Texture wizardry
Yugoslav: For supplying his ported A2 chestrig and stone like patience.
Craig: Permission to include his Opfor rig,pasgt helmet, and SSh68 helmet from his SP Pack.
Massi: Permission to not only use his vehicles but to edit the textures for use in this mod. Also general awesomesauce.
Drongo69 and Chops for releasing their MEC mod source for me to poke around in. Very helpful for config noobs.

road runner: For is donation of the IA SF uniform.

Massi: Again, for helping me figure out custom languages, thanks dude!

Aplion:  For allowing use of his EC635 heli in other mods. 

Thanks a lot to BI for creating such a great mod-friendly sandbox.

Thanks to all on the forums for giving me the motivation to get this thing made.

Download Links:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=874530860

CUP vehicles addon:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=874540657

Armaholic page:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28406

Some Images:

UfNbuKV.jpg

T9z55wF.png

xdPwVqe.png

2UwXsbX.png

An example of randomization.  These are all IS riflemen:

eFfYdAR.png

ChDBzhe.png

Disclaimer:

This mod in no way supports ISIL, ISIS, IS or any terrorists out there in the real world. I made this mod so I can virtually shoot them. In the face. A LOT.
Not responsible for being late for work, missing class, or your friends calling out search parties to find you.
No rebates, refunds or guarantees implied or even inferred. Use at your own risk. Not tested for use underwater.

• Like 17

Congrats on the release.

Massive amount of custom uniform textures, over 300 in the initial release alone

Impressive!

Oh boy have I been waiting for this :D. Congrats on the release

I was hoping today would be the day :D Congrats on the release bud!

Try to get some RHS gear into the mod.

it would make it a lot more authentic

Thanks for the mod btw :D

I support this mod, Thank You for all the hard work and tireless hours you slammed into this faction pack. I just recently read the over-exaggerated articles online spewing nonsense saying that the Arma modding comunity supports the islamo-nazi's and have myself been brainstorming over how to recreate this faction in a way that is humiliating to their cause but yet still allows us 'free world thinkers' to rack up the casualty counter on them realistically. No ideas thus far except maybe adding a picture of jesus where their circle is and making the arched arabic words read "Wish peace to all" or something along those lines. lolz Glad to see I can get back to work on these guys with the LGB again. Thank You!

A request is to change the jungle and flektran camo.

it doesnt fit and is kinda low res.

Try using some beige windjackets and that sort of stuff.

The game also already has beige T-shirts which can be used in the game.

maybe adding some iraqi and syrian camo to the isis gents too

Edited by Theodor

Awesome!

MOAR factions (SAA,Peshmerga, and more)

Look forward to seeing those 2 factions, especially the Peshmerga... Hezbollah would be nice to have also.

Cheers!

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@AccuracyThruVolume;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Nice skin and vehicle textures, but I think the quality of The Massis weapon pack are quite low, and you should consider using RHS instead as your depdendecy, which gives the majority of needed weapons( in much higher quality with custom sounds), and also gives explosives, and armored vehicles you could use, and also re texture.

Not to mention all the vests and other awesome stuff they have, which i think could definitely be used as well.

Nice skin and vehicle textures, but I think the quality of The Massis weapon pack are quite low, and you should consider using RHS instead as your depdendecy, which gives the majority of needed weapons( in much higher quality with custom sounds), and also gives explosives, and armored vehicles you could use, and also re texture.

Do you mean the vehicle pack? Or are you talking about CUP?

Edited by themightykovacs

Good work, thanks for this mod! I would like to see a version with arms and vehicles from the RHS. It is planned?

I support this mod, Thank You for all the hard work and tireless hours you slammed into this faction pack. I just recently read the over-exaggerated articles online spewing nonsense saying that the Arma modding comunity supports the islamo-nazi's and have myself been brainstorming over how to recreate this faction in a way that is humiliating to their cause but yet still allows us 'free world thinkers' to rack up the casualty counter on them realistically. No ideas thus far except maybe adding a picture of jesus where their circle is and making the arched arabic words read "Wish peace to all" or something along those lines. lolz Glad to see I can get back to work on these guys with the LGB again. Thank You!

Their logo is the Shahada, which is a Islamic verse which says "There is no god but Allah" and "Mohammad messenger of Allah". It's not actually IS's own logo, they just use it, and there is nothing wrong with the Shahada in itself. If you modify the Shahada, you will be insulting all Muslims, not just IS.

Beyond that, there is no need to make humiliating symbols or what not for IS. Playing a game or watching a movie with a certain character or theme in it doesn't mean you support it or want to do it. That's illogical as hell. I mean seriously, there is a video game about being a piece of toast... is anyone going to accuse players of wanting to be a piece of toast??

I'm gonna have to agree with one of the posters above, Massi's weapon pack is just a pain to have installed when trying to make a custom mission that you wanna release when its done (hint, hint). So you might wanna use RHS: E as a dependency, instead of Massi's. And great mod, had the pleasure of testing it out today. IS vs. USMC FR is quite fun to watch :D

Massi's weapon pack is just a pain to have installed when trying to make a custom mission that you wanna release when its done (hint, hint).

I really don't see what's wrong with Massi's weapon - great variety and close to no issues.

Besides, read the OP : it is the CUP weapons being used here.

Well.... I feel like a proper dipshit now... Thanks for point that out Adobe

These comlaints that are posted here about Massi's weapons are definitely outdated. his last update sharply increased most (if not all) his weapon textures, added a suite of custom optics and rail attatchments. and like the poster above stated "These are the Community Upgrade Projects's Weapon Pack" which are pretty much straight ports from A2 & CO, however they too are receiving texture upgrades and model refinements. I think the choice of weapons was a fine one.

Taking CAF_AG, and a couple other faction mods as an example, it is pretty easy to write a seperate 'optional' config that would allow players to use a different weapon pack. (If he decides to go that route)

Hey, great work! When do you think they will be Zeus compatible?

I got that straightened out, it will be in the next version.