Sign in to follow this  
doubleblind

AI Squad Room Clearing Script Help

Something that has long bothered me about ArmA's MOUT/CQB gameplay is the lack of methodical room clearing behavior in the AI. If the AI knows an enemy is in a room, they will open the door and shoot at the enemy, but they won't enter the room, clear corners, and all that good stuff. Problem is, although I'm moderately experienced with scripting I have no idea how to make this happen. It's a bit complicated.

In my dream-the-potentially-impossible goal, the player could select up to four units using the typical F2, F3,... keys and then point their cursor at a door and, through the squad command menu or the action menu, order the units to clear the room, either a simple open-and-clear or frag the room before entering with the RGN grenade (which I believe is a concussion grenade as opposed to the RGO). The units would then stack up, frag the room if commanded, and clear the corners before the one and two men go to their corners and the three and four men move to either side of the door. Then some kind of clear call and the units can receive new orders from the player.

Like I said, a bit complicated.

I don't even know where to begin with this, but if it's even possible I feel like having some help trying to work through it could leave me with a pretty neat script to release and a good exercise for my scripting skills. Has anybody got anything that might be helpful?

Check out WWAI mod,it adds command menu for subordinate AI of player group.Lots of nice commands in there,one of which is "garrison" the other is "clear building"

In clear building,units move in file formation,guns raised and limited speed,checking EVERY house position,then exiting via back door if there is one.

I was going to work on that for SAMO once I got push and pull commands tweaked. I really would like a frag the room command as well.

I