Sign in to follow this  
zulu1

WW4mod and Custom AEC .wrp Files

I recently tried to run WW4mod with custom AEC (Abel, Eden, Cain) wrp files that I have. No matter what I try as far as loading order the wrp files do not load with WW4.

Does anyone know why and if there is a workaround?

It works fine for me. I have ww4mod+ECP and able to play large scale missions in AEC.

BTW, when you say custom you mean your own or just a modification of PMC's AEC?

Edited by Capjerahya

No problems with vanilla WW4 or WW4 EXT either when using the latest AEC (from ofpr.info). I was in fact fooling around in that terrain the other day while testing some things.

But you say you're using custom wrp files. Maybe some data has corrupted?

But you say you're using custom wrp files. Maybe some data has corrupted?

No, they work fine without WW4. I'll keep trying

do you have your terrain detail maxed out?

That has nothing to do with it. I think you're confused to what I am talking about. I am not using PMC AEC. Custom .wrp files have had vanillia OFP trees and shrubs replaced with others..like resistance trees or berghoff's.

With WW4 loaded all I get are normal trees and shrubs when they should be replaced.

About Berghoff and WW4, For me it's not working everywhere...

Maybe they conflict.

This is because WW4 replaces vanilla islands (found in Worlds folder), with remade versions (buildings without glass) found in ww4fix.pbo. Check (in WW4 config) CfgWorlds section, and in it, classes for Eden, Abel and Cain. What are You looking for is "worldName" "token" (that's how Biki refers to that).

Example 1 - part of OFP: Res 1.91 config

class Eden: DefaultWorld
{
access = ReadOnlyVerified;

plateFormat="ER$  ## - ##";
plateLetters="ABCDEFHIKLMOPRSTVXYZ"

[color="#FF0000"][b]worldName=eden.wrp;[/b][/color]
description = "Everon";
icon=_eden.paa;
//And so on...
};

Example 2 - part of WW4 2.5 config

class Eden:DefaultWorld
{
access=3;
plateFormat="ER$  ## - ##";
plateLetters="ABCDEFHIKLMOPRSTVXYZ";
[color="#FF0000"][b]worldName="\ww4fix\eden.wrp";[/b][/color]
description="Everon";
icon="_eden.paa";
//And so on...
};

Hope it helps!

This is because WW4 replaces vanilla islands (found in Worlds folder), with remade versions (buildings without glass) found in ww4fix.pbo. Check (in WW4 config) CfgWorlds section, and in it, classes for Eden, Abel and Cain. What are You looking for is "worldName" "token" (that's how Biki refers to that).

Thanks krzy :)

What krzy said basically. I suggest putting the .wrp files into a new .pbo file (for example 'wrps.pbo') and then putting it in the addons folder together with the required addons. Then simply scroll to class: DefaultWorld part of the config.cpp and change the worldName="\nameofpbocontainingthewrps\nameofspecificwrp";

What krzy said basically. I suggest putting the .wrp files into a new .pbo file (for example 'wrps.pbo') and then putting it in the addons folder together with the required addons. Then simply scroll to class: DefaultWorld part of the config.cpp and change the worldName="\nameofpbocontainingthewrps\nameofspecificwrp";

Hey Nooby

What I originally did was to put the wrp files in a pbo called worlds.pbo and that can be added to any addons folder. It looks like Sanc only replaced Everon and Kolgujev, but not Malden. I did find he made an error in the ww4fix file.

He re-mapped cain.wrp to ww4fix\cain.wrp...but he named the wrp file ain.wrp (forgot the "C"). So only Everon got his fix.

Anyway I did a simple fix by putting my wrp files into the ww4fix.pbo and that worked. Some type of config edit would a better long term fix.

Thanks all.

Some type of config edit would a better long term fix.

Actually, I wonder now why Sanctuary haven't just put his wrps into /worlds folder under /@ww4mod25 - from my experience it should work. Or am I wrong?

Actually, I wonder now why Sanctuary haven't just put his wrps into /worlds folder under /@ww4mod25 - from my experience it should work. Or am I wrong?

Because he didn't want to modify the vanilla game.

If he did what I did and put his wrp files into pbo called worlds.pbo and locate that in ww4mod25\addons it would only affect ww4 and nothing else.