Sign in to follow this  
N.o.R.S.u

What kind of buildings/static objects

I've decided to make some buildings/static objects for OFP, some simple ones at first. But I have no idea what kind of objects and buildings most people are wanting huh.gif.

Any (reasonable) ideas?

Permenant buildings for military bases cos all we have are a couple of tents and hangers.

Maybe some walls with barb-wire on top. Taller walls, maybe 1.5 the size of the walls around the military bases in the game already.

And is there a way of making the chain link fences climbable? Like making them a "ladder" where you could "climb up" and when you get to the top, you're move to the other side of the fence where you could "climb down" to the other side?

And this might sound useless, but how bout some grand stands. I mean, have 4 or 5 rows of seat, like you find at public football or other stort venues etc... Anyway, I was thinking of put them in military bases where the new troops can sit and listen to lectures from. Maybe make them like a vehicle, have the action "get in" and make them sitting on them. And nothing too big, maybe 4 rows, with 6 sitting people per row.

-=Die Alive=-

Heres a few that would be nice.

-Airport control tower

Control tower 1 Control Tower 2

Maybe also some other airport buildings

-Antennas

Antenna 1 Antenna 2 Antenna 3

-Radar (open and closed)

Radar Dome 1 Radar Dome 2

Radar 1 Radar 2 Radar 3 Radar 4

Sandbag Bunkers

Sandbag 1 sandbag 2

And basicly everything that could be used as target for missions.

Pictures are not models wanted just to show what im talking about  smile.gif

i think Nogova needs some buildings that are missing, like a Hospitle than do a little modifing on mechanics van and make it into a hospitle (w/ his permission), Grocery Store/Shopping Center, some kinda of busy sea port, and maybe a police station, and maybe a fire department.

A brothel so that I can use Colonel Kink's pimpmobile better smile.gif

Here are a few ideas...

I would like to see the addition of some more battle torn buildings...currently there are a small handfull of these available by default but having more would allow a mission maker to add that war torn feel to a mission.

static object of a tank with derailed treads, or perhaps even a missing turret...in short, more options for destroyed vehicles (of any kind)...once again, adding to the atmosphere of an area which has been hard fought over. A well done chopper crash site would be a very nice addition here!

a simple idea...but how about some billboards / phonebooths/ streetlights/ even sidewalks which would enable a mission maker to give his area a more urban feel.

A power station would be a nice addition too.

Just a few ideas.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gonamies @ Oct. 03 2002,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Make this:

http://www.sunpoint.net/~anakin/teltta1.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry linking pictures or binaries outside sunpoint.net is forbidden!<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

A police station would be nice especially for a MOD that I'm involved with. (You'll find out what MOD soon... wink.gif )

Also pavements for the side of roads, shopping center/mall, power station (already mentioned), more enterable houses (big ones!wink.gif, Hospital with Helipad, Oil Rig with helipad, etc, etc...

Cheers,

Waterman. smile.gif

Buildings we need in ofp:

- long steel fence segments (makin' wrpediting easier wink.gif)

- castles or forts (hey, 2 castles on 2 mountains with 2 flags...)

- factories like that on nogovo

- trenches (make a 150x50m plane which looks like ordinary ground, define it as a bridge and dig some trenches and holes (kraters) into the center 50x50m square)

- big, thick walls (think of the Chinese Wall)

- more bridges (steel, wood; perhaps Arnheim, River Kwai)

- new roads with more tracks

- new street lamps

- new signs (with content defined by the user?)

- new forests

- tunnels and caves (ok, you have to model a whole mountain around them...)

- burning barrels for "bush" runways

(- coastal def-guns)

So long as you stay away from doing an oil rig, I don't really care. I'm thinking of doing an oil rig.

Why not do an airport control tower? And an open hangar that you can fit a plane in and drive it out of. biggrin.gif

@Wadi

Well you can keep us posted on how that's going... wink.gif

And once you've done that, do a POLICE STATION please! smile.gif

Cheers,

Waterman. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> think Nogova needs some buildings that are missing, like a Hospitle than do a little modifing on mechanics van and make it into a hospitle (w/ his permission), Grocery Store/Shopping Center, some kinda of busy sea port, and maybe a police station, and maybe a fire department. <span id='postcolor'>

Awsome idea. Definately needed. Someone could then make like policew missions and stuff like that like the vigilante missions in GTA3.

Avilla.... a big one.... IT is a little more complext but once you get the hang of it it would be cool.

I want a big fortress with a big wall round it, rember df2s attack and defend maps smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suchey @ Oct. 04 2002,01:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here are a few ideas...

I would like to see the addition of some more battle torn buildings...currently there are a small handfull of these available by default but having more would allow a mission maker to add that war torn feel to a mission.  

static object of a tank with derailed treads, or perhaps even a missing turret...in short, more options for destroyed vehicles (of any kind)...once again, adding to the atmosphere of an area which has been hard fought over.  A well done chopper crash site would be a very nice addition here!

a simple idea...but how about some billboards / phonebooths/ streetlights/ even sidewalks which would enable a mission maker to give his area a more urban feel.  

A power station would be a nice addition too.

Just a few ideas.<span id='postcolor'>

Zwadar made a phonebooth at ofp.info in misc addon section.

I agree with the blown up vehicles, they add so much emotion to a mission.

psst...destroyed vehicles are the number one choice of mission editors.

Burned out softskins (BRDM's, BMP's, M2s etc) especially

Millitary base stuff that you can go in.

Some new sandbag formations (semi-circle etc.), a low wall for firing over, oil rig (maybe an offshore oil rig?), barn with a hayloft... wink.gif

That garage someone was making + the 7-11 would do just fine smile.gif

It would come out soon .... still no sign sad.gif

Please, please, pretty please, edit the aircraft hangar doorway at least 0.5 metres wider so we can fit our Cessnas in it!  mad.gif

Other than that, I'd love to see a big, enterable villa-like building so I can get going with my mafia-boss mission wink.gif

Also, making a simple taxi signpost would make me happy, too. I have a mission where it's possible to call a taxi or grab one at a taxi-station. It's the signs I'm missing right now.

I'm too lazy learning to use O2. All of my energy goes into mission editing right now.  confused.gif

Spitfire if yer looking for a nice big hangar:

http://www.ofp.info/G8/

Those guys made a big one.

I still like to see an even bigger one wich could fit at least 3 a-10's. Ive been thinking about making a speccop mission about the Noriega airport incident for a long time =)

That mission could have it all

-Hostage resque

-downed chopper

-close airsupport

-charge an airport

-hold a villa

-etc =)

*So a really really big hangar (with internal lights)

*A really big villa (defendable from 2 floor from balcone if its possible ;p

*Privet jet (doesnt have to fly)

Besides that we could use allot more trashed vehicles or crashed choppers/planes

Greetings

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IliektingsdatgoBOOOM @ Oct. 04 2002,14:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Spitfire if yer looking for a nice big hangar:

http://www.ofp.info/G8/

Those guys made a big one.<span id='postcolor'>

That doesn't look bad at all. Thanks for the link!