Drifter

[I need help] Terrain Builder - (Layer Generation Unable to load the P:\)

Everytime I try to generate layers for my terrain fron Terrain Builder, I always get this error. I don't know why, I tried all the things I can think of, and would like to find out whats going on. It worked about 1 month ago when I first got into trying terrain making. But this is just out of no where. I have my P: Drive setup and everything.

This link will show the picture of my error - http://gyazo.com/9c5946c2db5f3cac52aa50562461cc71

This is what the details of the error says:

11:01:16: Can't load image from file 'P:\': file does not exist.

11:01:16: Layers generation - PNGOVerlapV3Style.cpp bool V3PictureDataMod::LoadFromFile( const char* filename = "P:\" ) Unable to open the image file.

11:01:16: Layers generation - Unable to load the file "P:\".

If anyone can please help with this issue, as I am very interested into making terrains for this game.

Edited by Drifter

Disregard this post, I found out what it was. It was a typo in my layers.cfg....

Silly noobish me :rolleyes:

Disregard this post, I found out what it was. It was a typo in my layers.cfg....

Silly noobish me :rolleyes:

i have the same prob

what was the typo and how would i find it ? 

4 hours ago, DaRude-Vangaurd Storm said:

I got the same error, any idea how to fix it?

He most likely had P:\ in one of his file paths. You never put that in your files, just tag\mapName\etc

8 hours ago, RoF said:

He most likely had P:\ in one of his file paths. You never put that in your files, just tag\mapName\etc

I double checked my layers.cfg and my .rvmats and rewrote them and I still am getting the same error.

Post a pastebin of your layers.cfg and .rvmt files, be easier for people to spot mistakes

Is vanguard_alliance in the root of your P:\ drive?

I was getting the same thing and I think I had to point my mapframe properties to my layers.cfg again, even though it had the correct path in the field.  Spent like 2 days trying to figure that out.  I've about had it with these silly bugs.

On 7/15/2017 at 9:57 AM, cring0 said:

I was getting the same thing and I think I had to point my mapframe properties to my layers.cfg again, even though it had the correct path in the field.  Spent like 2 days trying to figure that out.  I've about had it with these silly bugs.

Well, you are lucky.

Even doing that did not fix it.

I don't know, I was getting all sorts of problems until I changed my TerrainBuilder.exe to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2.  The only problem I've had with this is that I have to use WorkDrive from a3 tools to mount my P drive.  If I use SUBST in a bat, TB won't see my P drive.  Other than that it's been running pretty good since making the change.

I'm running Win10 though.