Sign in to follow this  
Harudath

What game features would you pay money for?

An official bis launcher. So you could go on server browser. See an interesting mission. Click and launcher downloads mods needed and you can join.

This would mean alot more interesting missions getting better exposure. Communities no longer cut off from public users because the server runs mods.

I'd be willing to fork out almost the same amount of cash that I spent on the DLC bundle for the devs to give unique static weapons and remake NATO/CSAT vehicles so they don't share the same goddamned turret.

All I see are people requesting content, so I'm going to go with a real "feature".

The ability to walk in, walk around, and on a moving object, such as a Naval Vessel in real time at sea with seamless transitions on and of via. Heli Deck, in SP and MP missions. Some modders already figured out a hacks way of pulling this off, but only in single player, and I wouldn't exactly call it "seamless". But a working version of it would be money in my eyes, and I'd love to see that in Arma 3.

All I see are people requesting content, so I'm going to go with a real "feature".

The ability to walk in, walk around, and on a moving object, such as a Naval Vessel in real time at sea with seamless transitions on and of via. Heli Deck, in SP and MP missions. Some modders already figured out a hacks way of pulling this off, but only in single player, and I wouldn't exactly call it "seamless". But a working version of it would be money in my eyes, and I'd love to see that in Arma 3.

I agree, similarly it would be phenomenal if one could, say, drive a quadbike or two into the back of a Chinook for rapid deployment/recovery. I'd pay a good chunk of money for that sort of functionality. Fast rope, too.

A 2035 chern, complete with a updated CDF and the continued story of hunting that back stabbing miller and his goons.

Oh boy:

It's a little depressing for the Arma players to see all the amazing features and optimisations they have in their VBS packages, but remain absent from the game we all play. Suppose it has to be that way or they can't justify charging military contractors lots of money when they could all just buy Arma 3 :P

It's a little depressing for the Arma players to see all the amazing features and optimisations they have in their VBS packages, but remain absent from the game we all play. Suppose it has to be that way or they can't justify charging military contractors lots of money when they could all just buy Arma 3 :P

There's a LOT more reasons why VBS2/3 tech isn't in Arma 3 than just monetary gains from customers.

There's a LOT more reasons why VBS2/3 tech isn't in Arma 3 than just monetary gains from customers.

Aye, I don't doubt there's a few things in VBS that shouldn't be public knowledge, etc, among other things, but a guy can dream :P I remember VEAO Simulations had many months of delays releasing their Hawk T1 for DCS World because there were issues of patents and classified information (same with the Typhoon they're working on) that had to be resolved before it could be published

Something that resembles the RAM mod with the ability to lose parts of the vehicle ala Iron Front.

Body armor and locational damage simulation
A comprehensive medical system with realistic bleeding and organ detection

Mil turrets + wind and more comprehensive ballistics

Revamped Artillery system that is not point and click.

would gladly pay for those.

Chernarus Plus as DLC would be great.

The only things I really want shouldn't be paid DLC such as better optimization and a better balanced AI. Those things shouldn't be paid for.

It is a little, but I wanted to add some sort of meaningful twist to it. Rather than a list of "oo I'd like this", it's something that you'd seriously part with your money in order to have. If there are certain things that people want but it's financially not viable to do, perhaps a thread like this could be interesting to BIS. That's the theory, anyway :p

Yeah, and I think it's important to every once and a while create a new thread to discuss these things. I always forget about the wishlist thread because it's often full of unrealistic crap, and none of it is ever going to get done. It's interesting to assign a monetary value to these suggestions to, at least just to see how people prioritize things. BI was super forgiving in their DLC strategy, but I personally wouldn't mind if they were a bit more blatant. The only reason DLC is bad is when a developer either withholds content from the game with the intent of selling it back later, when it makes the game pay-to-win, or if it just becomes a ridiculous amount of super easy-to-make aesthetics and camos and stuff.

+WW2/Vietnam era map, weaponry and vehicles.

+Anything that makes the game run smoother

+Paintball weapons(more fun that it may sound)

+More support for community missions/mods(they're great but some are in dire need of optimization)

Generally i'll be happy with more ARMA whatever shape it takes, it's really the only game that can hold my attention and immerse me completely in the game world.

Like someone said, 70s south america scenario (predator mod to follow :) would make me buy it. I would chip in for better wounds and general reaction to being shot, for helis that don't explode when give them a harsh look and possibility to aim the bombs with the jet.

For the rivers that flow, i wouldn't even look at the price.

I suspect flowing rivers would somewhat deepen the problem of low FPS :p That said, I've generally found that adding relevant startup parameters and changing the memory allocator fixed most of my FPS issues. Arma just requires beefy hardware :P The trend seems to be people want new maps, among a few other refinements

The trend seems to be people want new maps, among a few other refinements
The "new maps​" part having been announced nearly a year ago, at that. :p

The "new maps​" part having been announced nearly a year ago, at that. :p

There are official new maps coming? News to me :p *gets out wallet.... as long as it's not some arid brush nonsense

There are official new maps coming? News to me :p *gets out wallet.... as long as it's not some arid brush nonsense

Yeah for the expansion later this year, current speculation is focusing on South-east Asian maps (note the speculation).

A major AI upgrade.

I'm still not sure that would work as a module they can sell. Everybody should have the same AI, so they can't (and shouldn't) really charge people for it. Would you not also feel a bit ripped off if you had to pay £10-£15 for a DLC in Steam that gave nothing but AI improvements?

As for current speculation about the future map regions, that would be very interesting indeed.

There shouldn't be a module for improved AI, BIs is actively improing AI anyway. They can now be suppressed come version 1.42 of Stable.

On the comment about maps, river's lowering FPS? Last time i looked at any water source, it boosted my FPS. Lol, and i'm certain Kavala will laugh at anything BIS is going to throw at us in the near to distant future. Not only that, but last time i played in Kavala in a decently populated server, which included people spamming the night sky with Starter pistol flares, AND recording with OBS, i was getting a solid 35 FPS. This means that optimizations are working. Either that or they snuck in a new Engine at some point. =P

In either case, i should have had around 10 FPS. But i had 3 times that.

Official SP missions on the scale of Bingo Fuel.

There shouldn't be a module for improved AI, BIs is actively improing AI anyway. They can now be suppressed come version 1.42 of Stable.

On the comment about maps, river's lowering FPS? Last time i looked at any water source, it boosted my FPS. Lol, and i'm certain Kavala will laugh at anything BIS is going to throw at us in the near to distant future. Not only that, but last time i played in Kavala in a decently populated server, which included people spamming the night sky with Starter pistol flares, AND recording with OBS, i was getting a solid 35 FPS. This means that optimizations are working. Either that or they snuck in a new Engine at some point. =P

In either case, i should have had around 10 FPS. But i had 3 times that.

Currently yeah, water's nice and smooth as there's not much to render, but if the water was flowing, in land, not only would you have all the clutter and regular stuff that contributes to lag, but you'd have moving water acting as a constantly moving set of physical objects. I'm far from an expert on the subject but it sounds like something that would bring a server to its knees with blood pouring from its ears :P