Sign in to follow this  
Harudath

What game features would you pay money for?

Curious to see what people feel is missing to the extent that they'd pay money to have it. I'm sure there's a lot that doesn't get done because it's not financially viable to have a team devoted to it.

For example, if BI came out with a Warfare or CTI game mode, I'd buy that and happily, even if it cost as much as the original game

My list is:

• New maps, or official support for the old ones. AiA Standalone is amazing but it's not quite there, and the mod owner has now discontinued support so it's only a matter of time before it doesn't work. I know there are a few people that don't particularly like the Greek environments (though the towns are great)
  • Some of the Arma 2:OA vehicle favourites. I'm sure everyone would love to see the Blackhawk/Apache/Chinook combo, nobody doesn't like the Abrams, and I can't say I don't miss the old BAF Rover :p A "Classic Vehicles Pack" would be amazing.
  • Warfare/CTI. There are some great mods out there but they only last as long as the author can stand making them work :P

What are your thoughts? Try to think in terms of something that might be financially viable for BIS to actually do

* civilian life expansion incl women (&children) & actual furniture in buildings

* fleshed out medic dlc (featuring dragging with ragdoll, wounds where hit, minigame for patching guys up)

those would be my first wishes. would pay 25,- each.

* civilian life expansion incl women (&children) & actual furniture in buildings

* fleshed out medic dlc (featuring dragging with ragdoll, wounds where hit, minigame for patching guys up)

those would be my first wishes. would pay 25,- each.

Can't say I'm one for Altis life, but I love your medic suggestion, and I think it would be nice to see female soldiers in general included in the game. I've added Farooq's revive script to all my missions to serve that purpose

I would pay $10 for ability to automatically hide each and every Altis Life/Wasteland server from my server list. :D

But since it's a serious tread, I would pay up to $40 for Insurgency's (standalone game, not Arma's gamemode) weapons handling and feel. New World Interactive somehow managed to implement it so well that after one hour in Insurgency weapons in Arma feel like a cardboard prop. That feel goes away after couple of days but still. :)

60 fps with 1200 AI and nobody clipping through walls, but so far the NSA hasn't allowed me to tap their new computing center for those delicious extra terahurtz. Dang spies >:(

But seriously. Campaign in the 60s - 70s in south america and I'm going to throw my money in bunches at whoever does that with Arma 3.

60 fps with 1200 AI and nobody clipping through walls, but so far the NSA hasn't allowed me to tap their new computing center for those delicious extra terahurtz. Dang spies >:(

But seriously. Campaign in the 60s - 70s in south america and I'm going to throw my money in bunches at whoever does that with Arma 3.

Well, Africa isn't something Bohemia has done before, so it might be the expansion map, though they'll miss your time period by just half a century :P.

I would pay for the game again at full price if they redid it on a new engine that could make better use of our computers. No joke.

I would pay an additional $30 (a total of $90) for the game if they expanded it to better support huge scale operations (over much larger landmasses, with more realistic aircraft, etc in the style of TitanIM).

ww2 in the pacific

vietnam war

two separate games well optimized with terrain tool

Redoing the game and/or creating entirely new games are perhaps not quite feature addons for the existing game xD

- The option to hold my rifle like a rifle and not a pistol (cheek welded to stock).

- An option to use custom reticles without the need for a mod so that it can be used on vanilla public servers.

- A medical system that results in more than just a flinch and slightly more sway when getting shot

- Disconnect server performance from client performance

I would pay a lot so we can get naval warfare into Arma 3. Enriched sea enviroment and high level of naval combat would be very welcome.

And I will also pay 50£ for better utilization of CPUs and better overall performance.

- The option to hold my rifle like a rifle and not a pistol (cheek welded to stock).

- An option to use custom reticles without the need for a mod so that it can be used on vanilla public servers.

- A medical system that results in more than just a flinch and slightly more sway when getting shot

- Disconnect server performance from client performance

Those are changes to the game's whole mechanics, which I'm not sure any of us would advocate giving to players and not others. I mean more in terms of something you can do, somewhere you can go, things you can use, etc. Something that could reasonably be marketed to the players

Those are changes to the game's whole mechanics, which I'm not sure any of us would advocate giving to players and not others. I mean more in terms of something you can do, somewhere you can go, things you can use, etc. Something that could reasonably be marketed to the players

Not quite. Funding for adding Bipods comes from the Marksmen DLC but are free for everyone. I bought the Marksmen DLC to support this development. The new content added isn't worth the money to me and I wouldn't have purchased it if they hadn't added core features (resting, bipods) to the game. So in my mind, I paid to support the addition of these core features.

The features I listed could be added in something like a Combat Medic DLC or something, with some exclusive content I don't really care for.. And I would buy it to support the addition of the core features listed.

This sure looks like another wishlist thread :bounce3:

I would pay for new modding tools,and a cool terrain builder like the cry engine SDK just with the map creation tools forget about flowgraph and those other things.

Would be so cool imagine make your own city and play it as a map,without all those problems that we got with the terrain builder.

I would pay $10 for ability to automatically hide each and every Altis Life/Wasteland server from my server list. :D

But since it's a serious tread, I would pay up to $40 for Insurgency's (standalone game, not Arma's gamemode) weapons handling and feel. New World Interactive somehow managed to implement it so well that after one hour in Insurgency weapons in Arma feel like a cardboard prop. That feel goes away after couple of days but still. :)

You're so right. Also their ragdoll it's hundred time better now, so now you have even the feeling of the power of the bullet when hitting someone, not like Arma where they drop like a sack of potato.

Not quite. Funding for adding Bipods comes from the Marksmen DLC but are free for everyone. I bought the Marksmen DLC to support this development. The new content added isn't worth the money to me and I wouldn't have purchased it if they hadn't added core features (resting, bipods) to the game. So in my mind, I paid to support the addition of these core features.

The features I listed could be added in something like a Combat Medic DLC or something, with some exclusive content I don't really care for.. And I would buy it to support the addition of the core features listed.

That's true, although those bipods actually came with usable items that would be exclusive to the players that bought them. It just so happens in this case that a universal feature, arguably a side feature, is the one everybody wanted so much they paid for it :p I bought it just for the bipods and resting, too

£5 for Chernarus + as DLC :yay:

I'd pay $15 for a de-zombified bugless version of it. By which I mean no signs of apocalypse, fix issues such as explosives detonating on broken windows, AI being able to see through ruins, AI and players being able to shoot through ruins, move the damn bench from the airfield barracks finally, etc. I might be willing to pay $5 - $10 for a zombified one instead.

I'd pay $45 if they included the CDF, Russians, USMC, Insurgents, Guerillas, and civilians with a few extra vehicles.

I'd pay $65 for the above plus Takistan + and the Takistan Army, US Army, Takistani Militia, Takistani Guerillas, Takistani civilians, British Army, KSK, PMCs, and Czech SF... maybe even $75.

Beyond that stuff... can't really think of anything I would pay for.

This:

- A medical system that results in more than just a flinch and slightly more sway when getting shot / ArmA 2 wound system

-Ability for AI to drag wounded to cover and use smoke for concealment

-Fastrope

$5.00 for women

$12.50 for really hot Women

$50 for realistic bullet wound locational hits

$40 more for gore alongside ^^^

$350.00 for SWAT 4 like CQB

This sure looks like another wishlist thread :bounce3:

It is a little, but I wanted to add some sort of meaningful twist to it. Rather than a list of "oo I'd like this", it's something that you'd seriously part with your money in order to have. If there are certain things that people want but it's financially not viable to do, perhaps a thread like this could be interesting to BIS. That's the theory, anyway :p

I'd like a DLC of all ARMA2 assets (maps, weapons, vehicles, aircraft) updated to A3 configs.

I know most of this is possible with mods but being an official DLC would be better.

-CQB expansion which would features vast and underground structures, still more authentic weapon animations and handling, pre planning of missions and vastly improved AI. Ground deformation would be neat as well.

-Aircraft dlc with vastly improved HuD and weapon simulation, as well as a more advanced damage and armor model.

-tank dlc featuring an actual armour simulation, fire-control system ect...

I'ld also like more gore, civilian women and men of various age and size including children and missions rules that reward through the campaign you for less civilian casualties with more ressources. Ain't gonna happen though. :rolleyes: