Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

How To Deal With Prolific Team Killers

We've had the idiots team killing everyone. But what's the solution and people's take on the players who do this sh*t? Do I just ban them? Do they deserve to be added to the Arma 3 Banlist for excessive malicious team killing? I guess people's attitudes and actions on minimising team killing will vary, but I'd like to hear other admin's views on this behaviour and what they've done to act on it.

Get a punishement script, 1st time woops, 2nd time ban :)

Some are new and have no idea what to do or how the missions works but the fact is there are idiots everywhere, there idea of fun is spoiling others fun, you can't educate them, just ban them.

Get a punishement script, 1st time woops, 2nd time ban :)

Some are new and have no idea what to do or how the missions works but the fact is there are idiots everywhere, there idea of fun is spoiling others fun, you can't educate them, just ban them.

I did try BTC TK Punishment script, but I think it was conflicting with BTC Revive, as players were respawning where they died - sometimes with or without their kit.

B-B-B-BAN THE THEM *BASS DROP*, no seriously get some script or something.

I managed to get the BTC Punishment script working and it's helped a lot :) However, there are still idiots who TK and I'd like to know the most efficient way of banning them. Only the other night I had some immature 12 year old generally annoying the hell out of people teamkilling and verbally abusing players. I tried to use the #exec ban username but it wouldn't kick and add his name to the ban list.

Using the #userlist command, I've read that only the player number works on the ban command. Is this still the case? Also where does the ban file write to? Is it the banlist in the root directory? AFAIK when you ban someone it adds their PID to this list. Is this the case? If so what's the deal with the "banlists" in the Battleye folder? Do both of these list server the same purpose? I don't know if I've been doing it right, but I've added Paradox's Arma Banlist to the Battleye directory.

Use EPM Rcon to ban them, places a bans.txt file inside your BE directory.

You can also write it manually by doing the following :

Th3_P14yer5_GU1D -1 Reason For The Ban

So it's GUID -1 Reason

Use EPM Rcon to ban them, places a bans.txt file inside your BE directory.

You can also write it manually by doing the following :

Th3_P14yer5_GU1D -1 Reason For The Ban

So it's GUID -1 Reason

I've just been testing out DaRT v2.0 and it's an excellent GUI friendly Rcon tool :)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/68933-dart-a-lightweight-dayz-and-arma-rcon-tool-v20-16092014/

Scripts are not an ideal solution, they cannot filter out accidents

Use a systemchat inside a MP Killed EH function to report to everyone on side of a TK incident. Something like

systemchat format ["<< TEAMKILL >> %1 killed %2", _victim, _killer];

How we do it

1. Admin your servers correctly
  2. Make sure the reaction by others to team killing isn't to revenge their death or their mates death. In other words, admins and only admins deal with it
  3. Have a rule that accidental TK's should always be apologised for in public or side chat
  4. Spend a little time trying to find out if it was intentional. (Ideally no more than 30 seconds, 1 minute at max. Trust your regular players to give you the most accurate reports
  5. If a ban is required then ban the idiot, use voip and over over global let all the players know that intentional team killing isn't allowed by anybody and will end in a ban

I suggest 30 seconds to a minute at most to do all that. If your adminning a public server, those actions don't deserve any more of your time than that.

You will be suprised how quickly apologies start coming in from your regulars every time a TK occurs

That is the best way to do it

Scripts are not an ideal solution, they cannot filter out accidents

Use a systemchat inside a MP Killed EH function to report to everyone on side of a TK incident. Something like

systemchat format ["<< TEAMKILL >> %1 killed %2", _victim, _killer];

How we do it

1. Admin your servers correctly
  2. Make sure the reaction by others to team killing isn't to revenge their death or their mates death. In other words, admins and only admins deal with it
  3. Have a rule that accidental TK's should always be apologised for in public or side chat
  4. Spend a little time trying to find out if it was intentional. (Ideally no more than 30 seconds, 1 minute at max. Trust your regular players to give you the most accurate reports
  5. If a ban is required then ban the idiot, use voip and over over global let all the players know that intentional team killing isn't allowed by anybody and will end in a ban

I suggest 30 seconds to a minute at most to do all that. If your adminning a public server, those actions don't deserve any more of your time than that.

You will be suprised how quickly apologies start coming in from your regulars every time a TK occurs

That is the best way to do it

Totally agree with you. My problem is trying to police my server. I'm pretty new to administrating an A3 server and the first challenge I face is finding out who's doing what. Last night an alert game up in red text informing me a player was using a game hack and advised me to "#Kick player 43" What is all that about? Is it an injected script prompting me to kick players a hacker wants gone? Or is it BE? More to the point, if it's BE why did it even allow a player using a game hack on to my server?

Also, the Arma Ban List now has over 8,000 entries and appears to be too large of a list for tools like DaRT to process. It means I have to use my own Bans.txt in the BE folder in order to be able to use DaRT. As I understand it any player I kick using the #kick command puts an offender's PID into ban.txt oppose to the Bans.txt that logs GUIDs. Can you please just confirm this is the case.

It appears game hackers and teamkillers are now rife and admins really do need to get their heads together to keep this vermin out of our servers. If you have any other tips on policing my server I'd appreciate it very much. I'd like to know how to identify players who aren't in the same squad as there names aren't shown, and sometimes it's hard to identify them when they're TK in order to kick/ban them.

Cheers

Ian

Totally agree with you. My problem is trying to police my server. I'm pretty new to administrating an A3 server and the first challenge I face is finding out who's doing what. Last night an alert game up in red text informing me a player was using a game hack and advised me to "#Kick player 43" What is all that about? Is it an injected script prompting me to kick players a hacker wants gone? Or is it BE? More to the point, if it's BE why did it even allow a player using a game hack on to my server?

Also, the Arma Ban List now has over 8,000 entries and appears to be too large of a list for tools like DaRT to process. It means I have to use my own Bans.txt in the BE folder in order to be able to use DaRT. As I understand it any player I kick using the #kick command puts an offender's PID into ban.txt oppose to the Bans.txt that logs GUIDs. Can you please just confirm this is the case.

It appears game hackers and teamkillers are now rife and admins really do need to get their heads together to keep this vermin out of our servers. If you have any other tips on policing my server I'd appreciate it very much. I'd like to know how to identify players who aren't in the same squad as there names aren't shown, and sometimes it's hard to identify them when they're TK in order to kick/ban them.

Cheers

Ian

Find some reliable regulars and give them kick/ban powers. If they screw around its easy enough to drop them and find others. Generally that's the only way.

I use DaRT. It's a very simple program and you don't have to always be on the server (though you have to login on it of course) and can handle bans (and it maintains a list of players in case they frag and go away) to take care of business. Frankly just ban them and move on. It's like repeat offenders that never change. Don't waste your time feeling sorry for them, if they do it by accident fine, but if they're doing it maliciously then ban them. After a few (3 or 4) they'll be perma banned by BattleEye so just don't care how they feel, they don't.

Also enlist the help of the legit players to help catch your troublemakers. Not all hackers don't remain "nameless" and can be tracked and found, and banned. It's just a pain in the ass and don't understand why they do it. I mean I don't have a life but don't spend my life trying to ruin others while gaming.

I use DaRT. It's a very simple program and you don't have to always be on the server (though you have to login on it of course) and can handle bans (and it maintains a list of players in case they frag and go away) to take care of business. Frankly just ban them and move on. It's like repeat offenders that never change. Don't waste your time feeling sorry for them, if they do it by accident fine, but if they're doing it maliciously then ban them. After a few (3 or 4) they'll be perma banned by BattleEye so just don't care how they feel, they don't.

Also enlist the help of the legit players to help catch your troublemakers. Not all hackers don't remain "nameless" and can be tracked and found, and banned. It's just a pain in the ass and don't understand why they do it. I mean I don't have a life but don't spend my life trying to ruin others while gaming.

I use DaRT too. Its only drawback is it can't handle large ban files. I use Paradox's Arma Ban List and that currently has over 8,000 bans in place. DaRT simple can't handle its size. Over 250 servers have contributed to this ban list so I feel I might be having to ban players that already exist in this list with DaRT. So it's a dilemma whether or not to use DaRT or the ban list. DaRT and the Ban List kind of render each useless as they both have advantages but can't be used together.

I think I'll probably end up ditching DaRT and going with the Ban List because that's a potential 8,000 hacker and teamkillers already banned for me. Then by using the in-game #exec ban command I can keep my own record of local bans in the ban.txt. That way I can convert the UID to GUIDs and investigate whether or not the offenders have been previously banned by other servers.

Maybe RCon tools such as DaRT will in the future be able to overcome these limitation.

When it comes to running servers, admin activity is key. If you control your servers properly you should be able to seize a lot of issues in their tracks as they occur. The way I deal with team killers is I tp them to a remote location, run "player allowDamage false;" locally and tp myself to him. Then we have a nice little discussion. If they are out to troll they will avoid you and respawn or disconnect from the server. In that case I give them one more chance, until I kick them. If they return and continue the behavior then they get a day ban.

A short story, I was playing on my server, (coop) and saw that guy beginning to grief the base, then made a TK and quit.

I took his steam id ( in that time I didn't know we could find it easily or maybe that steam feature was not yet implemented) and ask friend by steam and talked to him asking what happened, that it was a coop server, and that it was cool to play the game with others, not against and that the regular were good buds to play with.

He finally admitted that he just didn't know how to play, was new to it and got frustrated not having anything to fight.

He became one of the regular, doing the missions with the guys. Really, I was proud containing myself and trying the diplomatic way. Took its fruit.

But all this to say that not all are lost cases. You deal the way you want on your server, but just to tell there are times you can reverse tendency, but it requires of your time.

Ok I'm not telling the story about that one who told me to go to hell, I can give you his steam id though :-)