Sign in to follow this  
fruity_rudy

Controlling AI

Can somebody plz help me with AI in A3? I loved to command AI in A2 but now, I'm pretty much lost. My Ai always moves in combat pace with raised weapon, they move really slow and they don't obey commands like hold fire and stuff. They're basically stupid as hell.. I'm pretty sure that I'm doing sth. wrong, because they can't be that stupid. How can I tell them to raise/lower weapon and tell em which pace they should use?! Thx for any help

They're basically stupid as hell.. I'm pretty sure that I'm doing sth. wrong, because they can't be that stupid

Nope. Welcome to Arma 3. OFP squad members were a million times more responsive and effective. Simple fact is that Arma 3 squad member AI is utter shit and a big step back from a decade and a half ago.

Enemy squad AI is better than OFP though.

Nope. Welcome to Arma 3. OFP squad members were a million times more responsive and effective. Simple fact is that Arma 3 squad member AI is utter shit and a big step back from a decade and a half ago.

Enemy squad AI is better than OFP though.

Regarding enemy squad AI, it's because:

• most of the time, even when in NOT "Danger/Stealth" mode, they advance too slow to make themselves appear more careful?
  • they've learnt how to use proper cover?
  • AI still can't suppress the player's squad effective enough so you wouldn't want to stick out your nose.
  • Yep, AI drives like shit. Thanks are unable to advance.

I think the issue is a good deal more severe than that. Squads not assuming correct stances, paces, not obeying trigger discipline, not spotting enemies properly or having x-ray vision, expending ammo on targets they can't actually damage..... the list is very long.

ARMA 3 plays like a beta to me. My memory is a little fuzzy but it seems like it has a good deal less vehicles and significantly fewer weapons than A2. While I don't expect each new release to outright just be MORE MORE MORE I do expect to offer content on a comparable level and in this case it doesn't. The shoddy AI is just one part of the issue.

I was hoping that my LIST

which is stickied btw would help to prevent more threads from popping up about AI, especially considering I have many listings on this particular

subject of controlling or commanding AI.

If there were a subject not on the list then of course I'd be all for adding it, but commanding AI has been covered numerous times, no pun intended

but please use the reference I spent many hours, and days on to compile for all your benefit, so you dont have too.

Imo if you dont like how the AI perform then do something about, plenty of ways on my list.

I was hoping that my LIST

which is stickied btw would help to prevent more threads from popping up about AI, especially considering I have many listings on this particular

subject of controlling or commanding AI.

If there were a subject not on the list then of course I'd be all for adding it, but commanding AI has been covered numerous times, no pun intended

but please use the reference I spent many hours, and days on to compile for all your benefit, so you dont have too.

Imo if you dont like how the AI perform then do something about, plenty of ways on my list.

Whilst I agree with what you've said, I think the OP's point, and the points of other who have posted (certainly mrbenis' post), was that BI should be the ones doing something about it.

Hence the Dev branch and posting feedback there.

Threads where one person asks a question trying to understand and or solve an issue is one thing, then you get others coming on and basically complaining, like thats

solving anything, if there is a preference for certain behavior or noted behavior seen that lacks function then it should be reported, there is a feedback tracker one can use.

The dev branch is a good place to get heard, and report your feedback on what the issues are, as well as the feedback tracker, which is linked ingame

on the main menu of all places, what other game does that? No other games I play.

If your bothered enough to complain then do something about it, or go play another game.