I use the one from exile,  Arma3Sync, and checked  the options, file patching isn't ticked

hey guys-just checking, Is the version on Armaholic an up to date one?Wasn't sure which link to use on the thread's first page.Thanks :)

I use the one from exile,  Arma3Sync, and checked  the options, file patching isn't ticked

-filepatching is a start up parameter.It can be added in command line or just tick the box in the Steam launcher.Not sure about Arma3Sync. It allows the loading of unpacked data-so things like config changes etc sometimes require filepatching to be enabled for them to be read.Otherwise the addon's default settings will be used.

on or off, makes no difference, the error still shows using a3syc

Tell a lie, with file patching on, the error goes

hey guys-just checking, Is the version on Armaholic an up to date one?Wasn't sure which link to use on the thread's first page.Thanks :)

I'm asking myself the same thing, would like to try but don't know how to Dl latest.

Glad you like it road runner. Thanks for all the camos lately.

So you do have file patching enabled?

It will still work and use the default values. It just means you can't change the values.

@ljcampos. They will flank. In the factory test mission they frequently circled around the fence and in the St kapulio one I taped first, we had moved into the compound with the dome and the ai started looking at the entrance we had come through... couldn't figure out why and thought it was a glitch until 3 csat guys appeared there having circled the entire compound to flank us. Even I was surprised lol

In regards to the vehicles... I imagine not as the ai driving would likely result in them never making it to the support location lol

Lol, maybe an AI driving mod can get it done, have you seen Vcom Driving AI that might help them in getting to a location using vehicle if ever it is implemented

Latest is fairly old. It is available on steam but I'll get another link up later today.

Armaholic has this as well.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28386

I'll figure this out a bit later today so there are working links in the thread

That would awesome. Only versions I can find seem to be very old.  Just seen some of what you guys have accomplished with AI, and it looks damn impressive.

Got update coming soon. So far rewrote everything about cover and suppression. They now act more fluid and intentional. Just working out the modules for the game play modules I am adding to FOA and few more test from testers and I think We will be release ready very soon.

• Like 2

alright guys.. i think we are close. 

I don't know how many versions mikey has written and we have tested but its  a lot. 

This is some testing from latest version which we feel is a suitable release candidate.

Some internal testing will go on this week and some documentation needs to be done and we hope to have it out shortly.

This is a simple mission with four waypoints for each of the four teams, two blufor and two opfor meeting in the middle. Nothing else is scripted besides what FoA is handling.

• Like 3

Hey guys, latest tests look great. A real step up from what I was testing a few months back. Not sure if its been asked already but is there going to be an option to turn off the screams? Some of the guys I play with (myself included) feel its a little bit of an immersion killer. Apart from that, real nice work.

Hey guys, latest tests look great. A real step up from what I was testing a few months back. Not sure if its been asked already but is there going to be an option to turn off the screams? Some of the guys I play with (myself included) feel its a little bit of an immersion killer. Apart from that, real nice work.

Well we are reducing it down a good bit.

does this mod still make static units randomly walk? 

because thats the only thing that annoyed me a little as i didnt fancy typing this disableai move or give every static unit a waypoint lol. 

or is there an option to turn it off?? 

no... there will be no assigning of waypoints or patrols without using the modules which will be in the realm of mission making

the intention is for this to be usable across any mission

• Like 1

does this mod still make static units randomly walk? 

because thats the only thing that annoyed me a little as i didnt fancy typing this disableai move or give every static unit a waypoint lol. 

or is there an option to turn it off?? 

Yup all that broke the campaign. I finally broke down and played the campaign to find it unplayable. SOOO lol yes I got rid of that stuff.

At release FOA will do automatically

This is only AI units not controled by player ie in his/her group

1)control stances during contact

2)help vanilla find cover for AI units this is only an enhancement of the good job done by bis.

3)AI may still use Artillery

1 and 2 are simulating units taking cover under fire as seen in video above. If you shoot them or close to them they will be suppressed. Making them harder to spot and kill. Hopefully we will have a player vs AI video on this soon.

FOA comes with these modules

Single player respawn Module (will be explained on release)

AI respawn Module (will be explained on release)

BATTLE LINES gameplay Module(s) This will be in ALPHA. (will be explained on release)

FOA exclude Module (will be explained on release)

FOA Garrison Module (will be explained on release)

FOA Patrol Module (will be explained on release)

• Like 2

2 Opfor groups had one move waypoint each.

2 Blufor groups. One with no waypoints. Other commanded by player

SP respawn module shown at the end.

• Like 3

In order to ease the editing and setup of related threads. This account will be used for official releases.

:)

• Like 4

Oh. And no known issues in multiplayer at this point.

To get a feel for the effective stance behavior adjustments, test the cqb practice Altis Mission now and also when FOA 2.0 comes out.

ooo does this mod improve CQB then???

Yes! AI will use buildings for tactics.

They duck, stick out, fire, prone, etc.

• Like 3

Yes! AI will use buildings for tactics.

They duck, stick out, fire, prone, etc.

Are you surrrre you not seeing things???? :P

• Like 2

A.I.S.S. 3 : Feat of Arms V2

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

/////////////////             /////////////////                  //////////////////

///                                ///                      ///               ///                   ///      

///////////                  ///                      ///               //////////////////

///                               ///                     ///              ///                    ///

///            //                /////////////////       //      ///                     ///     //

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

We were happy with the original FOA, but over time there were things that we wanted to see happen. So in spring 2015 after FOAs initial release, we started talking...

First and foremost, we wanted a realistic human behaviour to the AI. This didn't mean robotic and patterned behaviour, but certain things that we felt people would do in a given situation that may have been missing from the default AI.  The  default AI has improved and it became more about meshing our expectations with the improvements in BiS vanilla AI routines.

-Moving to cover upon contact

-More active use of cover in combat

-better use of stance in Combat

-Less to little Ramboing, no charging

-an impression the AI value it's life

-Use of smoke

-Continued use of given waypoints despite changes in reactions to contact

-Ai using prone in a more realistic manner

-Much less predictable behaviour

-Flanking and alternate routing in combat (flanking not fully implemented yet)

-Garrison of buildings and building searching, really  ... just use buildings lol

When you gain in one area you tend to lose in others. We wanted an AI that could accomplish this in Open ground and Cqb situations and that became a trade off game.

How far will they go for cover, how often should that be and on and on it goes. FoA evolved into A.I.R which then was reworked back into FoA for this edition.

We built test missions that were shared across the testing group to see if we could see the same things and then we each tried within our own Arma Environment. This is the result.

In the end we are happy with where it is at for this upcoming initial release. 

• Like 5