Waypoints like to units in a players group, or to groups that's on same side as player?

Group - I noticed that when I was commanding, for some reason, my group kept getting different commands. So when I ordered team green onto a hill to provide cover while red advanced (for example), they would stay there for a while but then get new waypoints assigned and start moving up too. This was just with FOA I think, but it kept happening and made commanding the group a bit of a challenge. It is otherwise really impressive and I really like the amount that it adds to arma, thanks for building it! 

Where you under fire, or was there an enemy that was spotted?

Where you under fire, or was there an enemy that was spotted?

Yes, otherwise I think they were fine. 

ok so its in cover script. Will add option for player to take that out in user config. I prefer that as I hate micro managing stuff, but can understand why others may not want to have that. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

ok so its in cover script. Will add option for player to take that out in user config. I prefer that as I hate micro managing stuff, but can understand why others may not want to have that. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Thanks Mikey! I hate it too but as squad leader the last thing I want is my dudes charging forward and getting killed when they should be providing cover fire. Cheers for all your work on this. Very impressive stuff. 

ahhhh ok yeh thats an easy fix. I thought you was in a group and not squad leader. ;)

• Like 1

Just a quick announcement.

We are pleased to add Incontinentia and Evil Organ to our testing squad.

This should allow us to pick up speed on dev of this project.

Videos will be oncoming over the next little while.

Thanks to you 2 and welcome aboard.

• Like 3

NICE !!  Awesome use of cover!  Although the line of 4 soldiers just past the wall (with rifles up eachothers butts) was funny.  Really really good so far guys!

I do love how they will all move at once.  That was close to all clear wasn't it ?

EDIT:  Is there a beta test version to try out while you tinker ?

Went to give this a try and it seems to be unable to find the FOA.hpp. It is in the Arma 3/userconfig/FOA folder along with all my other addons that need the userconfig folder. Saw someone on steam is also having the same issue. Oh well, hopefully when the new version is released it will work for me. Really looking forward to something that makes the normal AI less frustrating, more realistic, and able to coordinate. How is this for AI muzzle discipline? Tired of being killed by my own team, or killing each other, when they spot an enemy on the other side of a friendly.

Went to give this a try and it seems to be unable to find the FOA.hpp. It is in the Arma 3/userconfig/FOA folder along with all my other addons that need the userconfig folder. Saw someone on steam is also having the same issue. Oh well, hopefully when the new version is released it will work for me. Really looking forward to something that makes the normal AI less frustrating, more realistic, and able to coordinate. How is this for AI muzzle discipline? Tired of being killed by my own team, or killing each other, when they spot an enemy on the other side of a friendly.

@Stormforge,

They are more disciplined. I believe they use similar function for suppression as in SAMO which at the time that was a big focus to make them blue on blue less.

If you have time,motivation, patience to sign up to be a tester for upcoming version then PM Mikey74 /CosmiC10R.

do you have -file patching enabled? if so it should find the hpp.

it will still work but you cant manipulate the default values thru the userconfig if it isnt enabled....

a quick run through of latest version. I am very pleased with it, not that it's perfect by any means but it addresses some of my gripes with the AI

• Like 3

and another...

this one was pretty good too  B)

i put a mark over the debug so it isnt distracting when its spammed.

and i 4x it at one point, so ignore the weird chipmunks

• Like 3

We are pretty happy with reaction to contact so now we are looking at a few other features needed.

• Like 2

Working with Dev Brach stuff... I'm liking what I'm seeing. :)

• Like 1

Another quick announcement.

Thanks to Kremator and ebarstad and welcome to the testing team.

We are very fortunate to have a lot of great people helping.. :)

Thanks to you all!

• Like 2

In the videos you post, is there an instance the AI will try to flank? Is flanking part of FOA? because most of them go prone and not much movement. Even though the AI going prone to much is reduced, there still not much movement. Can that be change or modders still limited in terms of Ai?

In the videos you post, is there an instance the AI will try to flank? Is flanking part of FOA? because most of them go prone and not much movement. Even though the AI going prone to much is reduced, there still not much movement. Can that be change or modders still limited in terms of Ai?

I was just thinking about this also. If you have a few minutes to watch this test session you can see some movement. We think AI behavior that really tries to keep them alive as long ad possible is realistic.

I think it's important to distinguish between good movement and bad movement as well...

Here is the default Ai in same setting as Last vid on Saint Kapaulio

and

some action in West to East

• Like 2

Cool. Since there is a Call support for AI. Can the AI go inside an transport truck/heli/apc that has no passenger then go to a safe Spot to disembark that is near the unit that calls support?

I like this a lot, it feels more immersive, no idea about file patching but the FOA config.hpp error shows, even when I have the FOA folder in my userconfigs

Glad you like it road runner. Thanks for all the camos lately.
So you do have file patching enabled?

It will still work and use the default values. It just means you can't change the values.

@ljcampos. They will flank. In the factory test mission they frequently circled around the fence and in the St kapulio one I taped first, we had moved into the compound with the dome and the ai started looking at the entrance we had come through... couldn't figure out why and thought it was a glitch until 3 csat guys appeared there having circled the entire compound to flank us. Even I was surprised lol

In regards to the vehicles... I imagine not as the ai driving would likely result in them never making it to the support location lol

I have no clue as to what file patching is or where it's located? Yeah it still works, it's quite funny hearing them swear like fuck !!

I have no clue as to what file patching is or where it's located? Yeah it still works, it's quite funny hearing them swear like fuck !!

Lol.. I enjoy it too..

filepatching is a startup parameter.

What do you use to launch the game?