It was really simple to do suppressed VO for factions, casing per faction haha.. I did small sets for Farsi, Russian, French along mikey's US set. Anyone knows of a war game with Greek voice acting? Those AAF are too silent :P

Mikey had to abandon this project just as it got really interesting.. :(

Who said anything about being abandoned :P. Just working on other things. Frustration and burn out got real high. But its not abandoned not quite yet. ;)

• Like 1

Ah really glad to hear that, this mod gave some of the best expierences in MP i've had.

Well let me ask you guys something. I want to gut it out and change things a bit. What features can you live without and what features absolutely have to stay for you?

Well let me ask you guys something. I want to gut it out and change things a bit. What features can you live without and what features absolutely have to stay for you?

Again ? :p

• Like 1

Thanks mikey for the time and effort you've put into AISS and FOA. For me personally I find combined arms in Arma a bit lacking so AISS is essential to alleviating this issue, and the combat howling has to remain of course :D

ok heres what im planning for most likely after Christmas. Sooner if possible.

/////***************************** Plan of Action FOA duece*****************************\\\\\

Make seperate pbos for:
Voice overs:

Just for voice over. Use the old find config thingy you used in Battle lines with if statment before you call for voice overs in AI Reaction scripts.

AI reactions PBO:

Make Underfire fsm out of AIR just for under fire take morale out.
Use original Morale script for rest of actions.
Use the old find config thingy you used in Battle lines with if statment before you call for voice overs

Modules PBO's:

Put all modules in seperate pbo ie:
Battle lines will be its own pbo but rename it to FOA Battle lines in display name of config and catagorys.
AMBS will be in its own pbo
FOA original module rewrite and make in there own pbo.

Try to stick to this from now on.
1) It will make easier to update and edit.
2) This way users can pick and choose what they like or dont like, and can keep or discard according to what they want.

Most important Make adaquite instructions for alllllll uses of foa before we release. Explain what each and every module is how to use and what they do!

PS if anyone has Voice overs for other countries they want please share and I'll see if I can remember how I got all that to work and add them to our collection. ALSO if anyone has experience in this area and/or coding and would like to join the team or at the least help us out please send me, cosmic or Sttosin a message about your interest and what you can contribute. :)

Love FOA it is a must have when playing with AI units but having some major lag issues when using it with Mcc4. Is this I known issues ?

Love FOA it is a must have when playing with AI units but having some major lag issues when using it with Mcc4. Is this I known issues ?

Any AI code will cause performance issues the more units it is applied on.

Are they units spawned by mcc or are they editor placed units?

Does lag start at Init of mission or start later?

and Gaia does not have control of units via MCC?

@ cosmic10r Lag is at start only me and one editor placed squad for me and three opfor squads to test. If I take out the mcc Steam version v16 or 17 what ever was the last stream update it is major lag. However if i take out the Steam version and and place in an old version MCC manually I really have no clue what version it is lol it works fine no lag but does not have a lot of the newer functions ):

Is it just me or the ai goes Prone to much, and not much movement, flanking. Im using ACE mod fyi, I dont know if it affects the AI here. Please in the next update make the AI not prone to much.

AI go prone when shot at. This most likely will stay. I have reduced the time out for it. But this will not come out for a while. Still working on somethings. Basically how it works every time a unit is shot at they will stay proned a second longer. Time in supression is the suppression time ie: 1 second plus a second each time a bullet flys by close + 30 + random 30 * (skill _unit). This simulates unit suppression under fire. It also effects units accuracy. If all clear is given it will negate suppression time and prone stance goes away.

Ahh.. I see, the problem is when they continue being suppressed they never move in the position anymore. Maybe add some recovery time depending on the skill on the AI so they could move instead of being sitting ducks all the time even though they're accumulating casualties int that position. And also the artillery act like tanks instead of staying in the long range postion they charge the enemies like tanks

Most of what you described cant be changed do to hard code by BIS. I can make them move some of the time, but most of it comes from bis... Tanks and arty especially.

side note: I also notice you use ASR. Mind you FOA and ASR can work together, but both also cancel each other out in some instances as we both basically do the same thing except with our own tastes. You may want to try each that you think controls AI ace,asr,foa,bcombat,mcc or what ever 1 at a time and see what fits your tastes. ;)

Ahh.. I wish bohemia would give more power to the modders, especially there ai's. I really like this mod, maybe ill try mixing foa and asr. I like the idea of foa's combined arms which arma is missing.

• Like 1

Ok got some things done. Updated cover system updated arty systems and made a few changes. New VO are now put in for Russia and CSati troops Thanks to Pulstar (If I got that wrong I cannot find our convo please send me a message to let me know who you are.)

Right now its in testing faze for bugs and such. If you're interested to help us test let me know.

I think we have vids hopefully those will be put up soon if not hopefully we will make a few soon. :)

• Like 2

Hi mikey,

working on AI is without exaggeration as probably the most difficult work you have choosen.  ;)

So much is for sure: I really do not envy you, because it´s a lot to realise to satisfy all demands with regard to flexibility.
I have thoroughly tested the AISS and can say that the results are really amazing and convincing.
Especially the Garrison/Patrol control, the results have been mind-blowing.

Thank you so much for doing this hard work, but with your team you can do it and I believe in you!  :)

Greetings
McLupo

BTW: All links are broken - First post.

• Like 3

We are in a testing period now... I'm pretty happy with it.

They are definately clearing the buildings ;)

High%20Ground_zpseivwqzhq.jpg

Ill test with MCC too on latest rather than go back and test the older version. Mikey is closer to releasing this than looking at an older version. Plus this has new goodies ;)

• Like 1

Hi mikey,

working on AI is without exaggeration as probably the most difficult work you have choosen.  ;)

So much is for sure: I really do not envy you, because it´s a lot to realise to satisfy all demands with regard to flexibility.

I have thoroughly tested the AISS and can say that the results are really amazing and convincing.

Especially the Garrison/Patrol control, the results have been mind-blowing.

Thank you so much for doing this hard work, but with your team you can do it and I believe in you!  :)

Greetings

McLupo

BTW: All links are broken - First post.

LOL So I've been told. ;) The hardest thing as far as demands aside from some of the things we think are hard coded. Is balancing realism and making it fun with the very limited knowledge I have. lol Some people love it as close to real as possible yet some will cry because it doesn't fit with COD, Battle Fields, or popular Shooters on the Market.

I've had to come to terms that I cannot make everyone happy. That I've got to put my Ideals 1st. Other wise not only burning out faster but I get frustrated faster. Its free and I dont make any money off this.

lol As to the links..... I'm an idiot. lol My dropbox was full so I cleaned it.... Well lol I forgot about my releases and boom. Gone!

BTW If you have some favorite German Voice overs for Suppressing, underfire, and hits Would love to add those into FOA's next release.

Thanks so much for the encouraging words! :) :) :D

P.S. Links of what I can find again will be fixed upon the next release. Other wise use steam version.

• Like 1

We are in a testing period now... I'm pretty happy with it.

They are definately clearing the buildings ;)

High%20Ground_zpseivwqzhq.jpg

Ill test with MCC too on latest rather than go back and test the older version. Mikey is closer to releasing this than looking at an older version. Plus this has new goodies ;)

Hi Cosmic,

the behaviour is not a coincidence, because I can confirm it with a lot of tests I have done for fun.

Example:

I hid enemy soldiers in three different houses. All were found and killed by my squad, without losses.  ;)

As I said, You all doing a great job, thats for sure.

Keep it up.

Greetings

McLupo

• Like 1

Hi mikey,my English is bad, so I am writing you in translate.google.ru...Very we love your work, which makes the bot is much more aggressive and better at fighting.. dangerous opponents in the game is good .. But there is a problem - plates for the shooting in the game. they can injure and destroy the equipment. I am afraid that through an interpreter will be poorly understood ...Just watch the video https://youtu.be/QBQ-wODhFZ4. tell me how to solve the problem !?

our mods - RHS,ACE3,MCC SANDBOX,TFAR,NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz by Massi.    ÑпаÑибо!

Hi mikey,my English is bad, so I am writing you in translate.google.ru...Very we love your work, which makes the bot is much more aggressive and better at fighting.. dangerous opponents in the game is good .. But there is a problem - plates for the shooting in the game. they can injure and destroy the equipment. I am afraid that through an interpreter will be poorly understood ...Just watch the video https://youtu.be/QBQ-wODhFZ4. tell me how to solve the problem !?
our mods - RHS,ACE3,MCC SANDBOX,TFAR,NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz by Massi.    ÑпаÑибо!

This isn't FOA's fault, after update 1.54 armor values have been changed. This http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29900should fix RHS issue, also make sure to update Massi units.