My squad is using FOA and have been using AISS2. The one bug that seems to stay and continue to exist is these claybucks /for the lack of better word.) jumping on the ground.

There seems to be a correlation between Ai units looking or trying to supres player or vehicle and those claybuck jumping.

The worst thing about these claybugs is that they can destroy a vehicle. Because of that we cant use vehicles on the server with FOA on.

My squad is using FOA and have been using AISS2. The one bug that seems to stay and continue to exist is these claybucks /for the lack of better word.) jumping on the ground.

There seems to be a correlation between Ai units looking or trying to supres player or vehicle and those claybuck jumping.

The worst thing about these claybugs is that they can destroy a vehicle. Because of that we cant use vehicles on the server with FOA on.

Hmmm... that's not good... mikey and I will look into that.

We have played on dedi now a bit but haven't had a vehicle destroyed by the "bugs". There is a new targeting system in the latest internal version so we need to look into whether it is happening in latest as well.

Ure playing on dedi?

I dont think I released that one yet. We replaced claybucks with fly's. Becuase I couldnt make the claybucks invisible on server, but I do not think thats been released yet. HAS it? lol

it looks great, but it cant be used with the support modules of ALIVE, what ever setting i use or whatever module from foa i use, the ai will always call support from the ALIVE created support units. To bad cause i really wanted to try this :-(

in your userconfigs make sure this is set to one FOA_Module = 1;

I get errors in the RPT file with my test mission:

15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.'.
15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.
15:02:26 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
15:02:26 Warning Message: Error: creating magazine  with scope=private
15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.
15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry '.displayNameShort'.
15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.
15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.
15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry '.type'.
15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry '.count'.
15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry '.maxLeadSpeed'.
15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry '.initSpeed'.
15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry '.reloadAction'.
15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry '.modelSpecial'.
15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry '.ammo'.
15:02:26 Warning Message: No entry '.model'.

Just CBA rc6 and FOA running. Stable branch.

hmmm none of that has anything to do with FOA. Try Verifying arma 3. FOA doesnt deal with the majority of those warning messages. Thats not foa. sorry I couldnt help. Like I said the only help I can offer is Verify arma 3.

ArmA files has been verified.

Vanilla, even running couple of other mods don't create these errors.

The issue just appears with FOA on.

Those errors that you have are not effected or even used by FOA.:/ After testing few more times I still do not have those errors. Its not FOA. Or something is installed wrong. But I'll have my guys check n see if they get those errors. I cant help you if I dont know whats going on on youre end. Especially if I cant duplicate it on my end. I'm going to update in next day or two. Maybe this will clear it up for you. The problem is Im 99.9% sure thats not FOA. Just for the fact that I do not use any of those things listed in foa.

Edited by Mikey74

Thanks for investigating so far Mikey :)

I tested around a bit more and couldn't reproduce the error in one of my older versions of my test map.

So I guess the issue here is somewhere between LEA and FOA.

I created some loadouts to couple of units via LEA and it exported them to my mission folder. However, the issue does not appear when running the mission w/o FOA.

And running the older mission with FOA and w/o LEA's exported soldier loadouts, does not give out the error either.

hmm maybe LEA and FOA use same variables. This is the only thing I can think of at the moment. When I get a bit more time. We'll dl LEA's script n see if thats the case. ;)

I'll save you some time and send you my test map (editor version) via PM.

Requirements: CBA and your FOA ;)

what am I doing wrong the ai just chew me and my ai team up and blufor ai team just takes it, always dying in seconds... Also I have no other mods running and stable ver. My fps is in the 40s so dont think its that.

Need a bit more info. Tell me what your doing at the time, and what the enemy AI is doing? Also do you have the newest version? Like for instance. Are you out in the open and being ambushed? What combat mode and behavior is you team set to? or send me the mission. let me have a look. That may get faster results. If you want send it through pm. If its a project.

Hey, I loved AISS2, however, I'm having trouble with FOA. Now, instead of patrolling with their guns down like in AISS 2 in file formation, they move around in a staggered column formation with their guns drawn as if they're combat-ready, sometimes they stop at their waypoint and don't do anything.

I notice they do garrison buildings time to time or even just search them, but they don't seem to properly patrol. I also notice some AI units have the weird habit of spreading apart incredibly far instead of moving anywhere as a cohesive group. I think they might be "holding", but they move around a long distance, just to find cover. They also seem reluctant to support anyone or are too slow or simply can't for whatever reason. I spawn a larger force on an AI squad, and there's units nearby but they go into combat mode and stand still. Just to note, I use ACE3 (It also does this without it). If you need info on the other mods that I use, let me know. Though none of this was a problem with AISS 2.

Also, although I tested this without bCombat, is this compatible with it yet? I recall AISS2 working like a charm with it.

Edited by DaFuzzyOne

One single question, does this work with headless clients??

best regards

Desty

something broke the last update from bis. Im gonna re do FOA

Also, does dubbing work at all on a dedicated server? I love the addition of it, but it sadly doesn't seem to activate at all. @w@ Sorry to ask! I know you have a lot on your plate right now.

Hi Mikey74 has there been any progress with the fixes for the latest update? Also we are also still getting the clays spawn on a dedi server with HC. Thanks for all the great work really adds to the experience having this mod.

This mod and ABMS increase immersion for A3 quite considerably. I'm thinking of doing Opfor sounds for personal usage, too bad I don't have a good mic haha. Anyone knows of a game with good Slavic or Arabic voice samples?

Sorry for DP, but how do I init the script version in a mission?!

Also, does dubbing work at all on a dedicated server? I love the addition of it, but it sadly doesn't seem to activate at all. @w@ Sorry to ask! I know you have a lot on your plate right now.

I'm not too sure on that one... it likely does not at this point but I believe we can get that going fairly easily at some point

Hi Mikey74 has there been any progress with the fixes for the latest update? Also we are also still getting the clays spawn on a dedi server with HC. Thanks for all the great work really adds to the experience having this mod.

Fixes... no... total rewrite... started lol... Mikey is taking a bit of a break but we are discussing a rewrite with that being high on the list of issues to fix.... ;)

This mod and ABMS increase immersion for A3 quite considerably. I'm thinking of doing Opfor sounds for personal usage, too bad I don't have a good mic haha. Anyone knows of a game with good Slavic or Arabic voice samples?

Thanks for the Compliment... Mikey has done a great job on those :)

Sorry for DP, but how do I init the script version in a mission?!

I'll check ...

My scripting skill is almost nil, that's why I asked hehe. Re-building the PBO is a pain so running a script and testing the custom samples would be easier. I extracted some VO's from a specific FPS game, gives Russia its own set of battle chatter. I noted unused entries that I think Mikey might implement someday (detected, enemynear, BOOM, bodygroup, body, scream, notarget). I'd also like to import samples for other factions (Arabic, German, Persian) but it isn't easy finding samples lol, and I don't know how to CASE per faction either!

My scripting skill is almost nil, that's why I asked hehe. Re-building the PBO is a pain so running a script and testing the custom samples would be easier. I extracted some VO's from a specific FPS game, gives Russia its own set of battle chatter. I noted unused entries that I think Mikey might implement someday (detected, enemynear, BOOM, bodygroup, body, scream, notarget). I'd also like to import samples for other factions (Arabic, German, Persian) but it isn't easy finding samples lol, and I don't know how to CASE per faction either!

Aiss 2 had a script version for missions but I checked  with Mikey and had a look and FOA isn't implemented as a script version for missions... I like your idea and casing each faction wouldnt be that hard if we had the samples... something to think about lol... 

We have decided to rewrite a lot of the code for FOA ... and want to utilize some of the new scripting commands... undecided on whether the voices will stay but I will check with team and see what consensus is... we could likely setup a toggle at some point..