Awesome video bud! Nice work! How did the ASORG test go last night :) ?

My test went fine. but i may not have the things going on that you do. Cosmic made the vid. :) He also uses ASORG. Right now something i changed broke FOA. lol gonna figure that out tonight.

Two questions.

1)Is there a way to have the userconfig settings in the mission files. By that I mean I am building a mission and want the same setting for every one who plays it.

2)How does this mod work with units spawned in by script. Will they sync too all the modules correctly? Like FOA ,Garrison ect.

1) who ever is hosting I think everyone has to use those settings, but yes you can reset all user configs by script, init or triggers.

2)yes if you sync them by script or set FOA to do all the work without modules. Everything should work fine. ;)

Cool thanks for the reply and I was talking about SP not MP.

---------- Post added at 03:55 ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 ----------

One more question how do I get FOA to exclude vehicles? I tried

[color="#FF8040"][color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#000000"]_x[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]synchronizeObjectsAdd[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color]FOA2X[color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color] FOA2X [color="#191970"][b]synchronizeObjectsAdd[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#000000"]_x[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]forEach[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]crew[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color]this[color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]  
[/color]

Made with KK's SQF to BBCode Converter

but no luck the vehicles still lift off at the start of the mission anyway.

You will need to have it on the map already or createlogic with script then do the but only 1 unit per group is needed.

{ (leader (group _x)) synchronizeObjectsAdd [FOA2X]; FOA2X synchronizeObjectsAdd [(leader (group _x))]; } forEach crew (this);

That SHOULD do the trick. ORRRR

{FOA_Ex_Groups pushback (group _X); } forEach crew (this); 

Exclude only works with groups.

Next update will be Gods of war friendly. If u use Rydygier Gods of War mod for Artillery FOA will automatically switch off its Artillery function. :bounce3:

Edited by Mikey74

Weird its still not working. I tried both ways.

Edited by An_ArmaFan

literally tried everything and still cant get it. I would suggest in the next update make exuded groups work with variables. So when FOA grabs the units it checks if it has a certain variable and if it does it does nothing to that unit.

when i place units on editor without any modules they just run off somewhere? what are they doing haha.

also another question in the previous AISS you implemented the random tasks that pop up when a friendly group is being overun, is there a way to disable this for the player?

for example lets say im on a mission with already made waypoints, and this task pops up and then my waypoint changes :/

will the task disapear when its completed resuming my original waypoint?

also i am finding that my squad freezes alot and refuses to move anywhere. even when not under fire?

and is there a way to turn off that hint box that appears when starting the mission on editor?

Edited by tyl3r99

Does this work with other AI enhancer mods such as ASR and TPWCAS ?

when i place units on editor without any modules they just run off somewhere? what are they doing haha.

Didn't we have that problem in AISS I seem to remember, or was that another AI mod ?

@An_ArmaFan found a bug it does work, but the next update and instructions should make things easier.

@tyl3r99 when they run off or walk off its either patrolling or Garrisoning. Same as above going to work on more detailed instructions

@Kremator yup but not a problem its on purpose. If you guys look at aiss2 instructions though out of date it should be basically the same. I am going to work on some here in a bit and send out new release. in next few hours or days

@tyl3r99 when they run off or walk off its either patrolling or Garrisoning. Same as above going to work on more detailed instructions

ah okay but if i had no modules, then technically they shouldnt do anything right? also the AI tend to get stuck a lot mate. during combat they refuse to move forward and stay put.

i waited 30 mins once and did not move :/ lol

In your user configs is FOA_Module = 1;<----- needs to be 1 if its 0 FOA takes over automatically. ;)

As to getting stuck yup working on that. My problem is I did same scenario without FOA and they still got stuck. :( It was because there was 1 lone Opfor hiding out in a building they knew about but didnt know enough I assume to go get him.

Edit: another few test and the never seemed to get stuck without FOA, That being said found the bug and its squashed. Update is coming as soon as Its done uploading. :)

Edited by Mikey74

Ok guys

Update time...

Had a chance to test latest version and it has addressed a number of things.

Asorgs is fine and the units are no longer "stuck". I need to run a few more tests but it should be ready for a release shortly so you guys are all up to date with the fixes.

Mikey has asked me to do a quick tutorial\runthrough of some of the features so I will do that when next update is released so you guys know what does what. The Foa userconfig will be important as Mikey points out because that is where you can turn off some of the stuff like taskings and so on... we may try to integrate this into a menu at some point but that is a few steps away.

I will also try to upload a vid shortly here.

At 4:09, guy in the bottom right corner has a heck of a grenade toss... didnt get the best angle on it.

and another...

also when i download FOA it creates 4 different userconfig files haha

1 folder called FOA < inside this folder had 1 config file and another folder called FOA < inside that folder it has a config file. (in total of 2 config files)

1 folder called AISS < inside this folder ^^^^ exactly the same as above basically.

http://puu.sh/h4mIo/78bb1e85b3.jpg < userconfig file itself in a3 directory

FOA

http://puu.sh/h4mK2/2fbdf5c042.png 1st folder

http://puu.sh/h4mLd/377970699e.jpg 2nd folder

AISS

http://puu.sh/h4mQ1/06ba31fc1d.jpg 1st folder

http://puu.sh/h4mRG/0da223df25.jpg 2nd folder

its very confusing to which one i change, i only downloaded FOA not AISS and have 4 config folders.

im not sure whose side the issue lays under either the devs of this mod or PWS?

Edited by tyl3r99

OP says it:

OH as of now it is compatible with Bcombat and ASR.

Dear @Mikey74, does it mean that it's MP/dedicated compatible?

Thanks!

Change log:

Started scripts for servers we have a server now and will be running test. KEEP in mind none of us know what we are doing server side yet so may still be a bit before I can give a deffinate yes on works on servers

Fixed exclude bug

fixed units getting stuck

added code and tweaked cover script Units will now take cover and move up on enemy while going in and out of cover. Still early work but looks pretty good right now.

Tweaked Garrison script Building search radius is now based on unit size.

Few other tweaks.

Also had to redo Steam as they made changes after about 2 hours I think I figured out how to update it correctly on steam! lol So if you are subscribed you will have to re subscribe, to get newest one and on. FOAonSTEAM

FOA LATEST

1st question is so far as I hear from testers yes it is compatible with ASR and TPW

2nd: Not sure on server yet have wrote some code but will have to wait till we have time to test. :)

Edited by Mikey74

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Mikey74) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

DO i or do i not need the modules? I put down a few groups and they are just standing around doing nothing. No patrols or anyhting

DO i or do i not need the modules? I put down a few groups and they are just standing around doing nothing. No patrols or anyhting

Tharos,

This depends on how this line is set in your foa.hpp in your user config.

FOA_Module = 0; //// 1 tells FOA you want to use FOA2 Module to start FOA2. 0 FOA2 will start without the module automatically.

If you want the garrison patrol functions to start automatically then you set this to 0 and they will do this automatically

If you set it to 1 then you do require the module to be placed before those foaActions will take place.

I just tested and it worked for me. I also set it to 0 and placed 2 groups and synched the FOA exclude module to 1 group and they stayed still while the non FoaExcludeModule SynchedGroup started the patrolling. :)

This is designed this way so that it can be configured easily outside of the game. The patrolling can be mission disrupting at times so we needed a way to disable those functions while still allowing for instant action type missions where FOA could have control over the units... this seemed like the best compromise.

@ Tyler99 The new version only has the one file in the userconfig so you can delete the old Foa folder in the userconfig folder and replace with the new one to clean that up.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

In an attempt to be clear about this

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

FOA_Module = 0; //// 1 tells FOA you want to use FOA2 Module to start FOA2. 0 FOA2 will start without the module automatically.

^^ in this setting, it is designed more around instant action type missions where ai dont need to follow exact waypoints to complete objectives.

FOA will take control of units and start patrolling, building searching and garrison functions.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

FOA_Module = 1; //// 1 tells FOA you want to use FOA2 Module to start FOA2. 0 FOA2 will start without the module automatically.

^^ in this setting, it is designed for campaigns and heavily waypointed (is that a word) and scripted missions where tasks can be disrupted by AI not following the mission makers plan

FOA will NOT take control of the units and assign them patrolling, building searching and garrison functions so that they follow the missions structure

Ai enhancements will still be active.

FOActions can be activated in this setting by placing the module or a combination of modules synched to units.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Edited by CosmiC10R