Not needed Mikey. Just put a warning on the first post 'May break missions - use at own risk'. Restricting things to modules just makes it more hassle for people to open up and implement. Plug and play baby is the way forward!

People who run dedicated servers that run multiple missions that may become broken benefit from the modules. At the same token, your normal user is probably never going to open a mission in the editor so I think having it enabled by default with an option to use modules if you need them is the best solution.

On another note a totally different request. Could you have the AI use satchel charges on units in buildings? As it stands they have a really hard time breaching and clearing buildings efficiently and this would add an element of unpredictability for the use of buildings. You would need a marksman to cover it for you essentially. I don't think it should be 100% chance to use satchels or anything but even a userconfig setting relating to the frequency of use would be nice! (and it opens up really neat options for dubbing so players have audio cues to try to escape the explosion!)

Edited by plsgo

Uploading new FOA now with Same User configs.

Changelog will be:

If FOA_Module = 1 you will need FOA module as well as Support,Garrison,Patrol, or other FOA modules for units to do those things. All other features still should work regardless.

IF FOA_Module = 0 then FOA will do its thing. ;) Keep in mind this one will break some missions and campaigns. :(

Patrol and supports now work together without bugs and few extra waypoints. The ones that are created are deleted once completed, and Original waypoints that mission maker gave stay put and are reassigned once Supporting or Patrolling are done.

Units take consideration for cover when in towns. In towns they wont search as far for cover and out of town much further out for cover. ;)

Give me few hours for upload to complete and I'll post it. :)

Thanks you very much for informing us about the Alpha 1 release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Mikey74) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

I have been playing with foa.hpp in userconfig if you want to try these settings...

gonna tweak and re edit

Edited by CosmiC10R

This is a video of how AI react differently to cover in towns. Notice they stick more closely together.

This is a video of how AI react differently to cover in towns. Notice they stick more closely together.

This is amazing, thank you!

This looks like a great mod! Unfortunately it breaks the ASORG gear selector for some reason (tried same mission with/without FOA) :(

Can we get like showcase mission for this one :)?

Why are so many files in userconfig folder? We need other files than FOA.hpp file?

Looks great, I wonder if it is multiplayer compatible?

Test and report back.

Fixed version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Mikey74) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Multiplayer yes, dedi server not sure yet. There are test for dedi coming hopefully in next few weeks/months. As to showcase mission One is in the works yes. Kinda rushed pre Alpha release and alpha release. So will Rush a showcase mission and then take my time on getting to beta. Will see on taking my time. lol I think AIM team is ready to tie me to a tree. ;)

AND Yes Any test and feedback is welcome. Just keep in mind I cannot fix other mods. I can only try and make FOA work with them were possible.

Thanks Foxhound and kecharles28

FOA left somethingout fix

ASORG???? really? I'll have to dl n see, but what I need to know is how is it breaking so I know what to look for. Thanks :)

I use asorg a lot so I will look onto it as well...

Basically when the asor scripts run... it takes for ever for the pull down menu's to show up. It works briefly for changing gear then stops responding. .. it's like their is a loop preventing the asor script from returning the gear configs

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Why are so many files in userconfig folder? We need other files than FOA.hpp file?

You only need foa.hpp

Mikey keeps copying over the whole userconfig file from his arma lol ;)

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

We r hoping to have the tools to start working on mp compatibility soon :)

Yea haha that was pretty much exactly my reaction "What? ASORG is conflicting? How does that make sense?", what happens is you activate "select gear" and it takes a bit longer than usual to load, when it does the character appears to be falling through the air and the items don't load, and the presets are visible like usual.

I think I got it. Some of my while loops have short sleep times. I increased them and I think its fine now. Just figured out how to use it really nice going to add it to showcase. So far testing its all good, but no combat or anything going on. will test that tonight after work. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Thanks @CosmicC10R, I use this mod along with AGM and R3f-aicomtarget, and I like the way the AI reacts. Great job Mikey :ok:

Can we get like showcase mission for this one :)?

We are working to include "West To East - Altis" as part of the download. A mission that emphasizes infantry gameplay and elements of combined arms. So tanks, helicopters, boats, jets, etc. See AI behave differently and enjoy the mission at the same time. Note, file size will get even bigger.

If you can't wait, get it here.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=187131

Edited by sttosin

Looking very good so far. I have a few things I've noticed that I'll show below but I have no major issues yet. (other than the voice dubbing from BF 4 and other games being very cheesy :) )

- Initial fire fights feel very true to what an adversarial scenario would be like but they seem to reach a quiet stalemate quite quickly. (depending on terrain.)

- Infantry units synced to a support module and placed at a distance from the action to act as reinforcements are immediately placed in combat mode and take forever to reach the front lines if they even do.

- Some vehicles don't act quite right when used with the support module. For instance, I had an RHS artillery vehicle several hundred meters away from the action and after being in the fire fight for about 15 minutes with no shells dropping, The artillery vehicle came smashing through the trees and trampled several bad guys.

I have been using ASR AI along side this but the problems are still there without it. Just some food for thought. Thank you very much for this mod

thanks CitazenMan nice feedback thanks! :)

1) not sure what to do with that yet. Everything tried so far breaks the good part. lol but am working on it

2)Not sure why. FOA doesnt change combat stances, but will look closer.

3) Do not sync Arty units to support module. Arty is synced automatically... That being said I've not added rhs vehicles yet this is on my todo list also thinking of a user config for custom made arty pieces or maybe even an arty module.

Finding what unit types are is being rewitten in the future as the FOA_order was obsolete even when I 1st did it. lol Now I know what experienced coders were saying when they looked it over. lol

Thanks for your feed back. Maybe by next update some of those will be improved upon.

***edit

Come to think of it a seperate arty module may be even easier than my other idea