An_Armafan Does your mission delete units? IF so we need to disable FOA from doing this by setting FOA_Kill_kill to 0 in your FOA userconfigs.

ahhhh nice idea MikeTim :)

Some recommendations for russian voices,US also courtesy of Bad company 2.

This video is catergorized into different voiced topics,skip to 2:12 for recieving damage/taking suppression

This will be nastolgia for some :)

Liked it in general when i tried it other day although i didnt do anything urban or anything yet it was all open fields but a few things i thought whilst using:

1. Why sometimes do my AI just randomly start giving themselves orders? That annoys me no end, i tell them to do something, they do it but then sometimes just start doing something on their own for example someone will randomly say "supporting" and just start moving around wherever he likes. Or they will be set to not fire and then one of them suddenly gets set to open fire without me doing anything.

2. This is only a small thing about the shouts, they are a great idea and make firefights far more interesting than just the robotic "Enemy, 200m, Front!" but in 10 minutes of a battle you hear the same phrases over and over.

Liked it in general when i tried it other day although i didnt do anything urban or anything yet it was all open fields but a few things i thought whilst using:

1. Why sometimes do my AI just randomly start giving themselves orders? That annoys me no end, i tell them to do something, they do it but then sometimes just start doing something on their own for example someone will randomly say "supporting" and just start moving around wherever he likes. Or they will be set to not fire and then one of them suddenly gets set to open fire without me doing anything.

2. This is only a small thing about the shouts, they are a great idea and make firefights far more interesting than just the robotic "Enemy, 200m, Front!" but in 10 minutes of a battle you hear the same phrases over and over.

Im sure the voices will be expanded on in the future,theres alot of spice that could be added relitevly but not time-wise,easily.Its a welcome change.Actually Mikey,it might not be a bad idea to make the voices standalone little mod down the road.Like genisis did with vcom AI driving.

Yea like i said its only a little thing and obviously this mod is still very WIP as he said in the OP, just something i thought whilst testing it out.

Server is still iffy no way to test and I have very limited knowledge of servers.

Nice to see you back in action. If you want a server to run tests on just fire me a PM I can set you up.

AVFC Moving off could be the find cover portion when they make contact. Him saying "Supporting" is not FOA. The being set to no fire is also not FOA. Used to be but I took that out several versions before this wip preview. I looked through all my scripts again and there is nothing in there that changes combatmode. It does change stances and they will seek cover. But thats about it. As to dubbings. There are over 100 dubs in. But yes down the road we do want to expand. Gonna pop on preview B in next day or two.

SavageCDN cool beans thanks!!! :)

Nice! I have only played around shortly, amongst others with some of the showcase missions and editor, but it seems great. I really like the extended firefights. May be it's due to the fact that AI prone alot, and maybe stay stationary (conflicts with AGM) but the fights are long and intense. Feels more realistic, and seems as if units try to protect themselves and charge which would be natural when under fire.

Keep up the good work ;-)

FOA Update PreAlpha .1

Changelog:

Modules are now more like Vanilla. You can use triggers of groups rather than syncing several groups to module.

Editor placed objects module is removed no longer needed.

Worked on cover and support a bit. Units that are engaged should not be called for support. So far its working, but needs work.

Garrisoned units should stay put a bit longer than before when being attacked. Still needs work, but slight improvement.

Finding cover is based on size of unit instead of a set radius. Still needs work.

Few other minor tweaks.

todo:

work on above mentioned

DL AGM see what its about and see if possible to make compatible.

Work on Any other suggestions on thread.

Thanks you very much for informing us about the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Mikey74) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Need some help. I've downloaded AGM which is super awesome BTW. I'm not seeing any conflict between FOA and AGM. I'm not that familiar yet with AGM. Could some one tell me what they are seeing thats a conflict? So far as far as FOA goes its working correctly. Whats breaking on AGM? So anyone that knows what its supposed to be doing and its not doing when FOA is running could ya let me know so I can see if I can fix FOA. Thanks a bunch :)

So far I had seen tanks in IFA3 DLC drive around without shooting at anyone, wasn't really paying attention to that as I

was playing an infantry role, the did shoot once in a while but it was like these tanks had ADD, lol will need to test more with vanilla this.

Need some help. I've downloaded AGM which is super awesome BTW. I'm not seeing any conflict between FOA and AGM. I'm not that familiar yet with AGM. Could some one tell me what they are seeing thats a conflict? So far as far as FOA goes its working correctly. Whats breaking on AGM? So anyone that knows what its supposed to be doing and its not doing when FOA is running could ya let me know so I can see if I can fix FOA. Thanks a bunch :)

I'll upload two vids today for you to look at.

I am getting some ai locked in place with agm active and getting a noticable amount of framerate lag.

I'll upload two vids today for you to look at.

I am getting some ai locked in place with agm active and getting a noticable amount of framerate lag.

I'm not sure if I'm seeing issues but could you remove the AGM AI module and see if that solves them?

Also, am I supposed to just add these modules to a mission to have them sync with the addon? Which modules should I add if so?

Edited by plsgo

@Gunter thanks I'll look at this asap. Did notice this the other day, but FOA wasnt activiated.

@Cosmic thanks

@plsgo I think Cosmic said he did with both and problems was when both were active and no problems when FOA is only active.

You do not need modules for FOA unless you want to use Garrison or Patrol.

snip

Sorry, I should have been more specific. If I use Garrison and patrol and sync them to a mission does that make it autonomous e.g. the AI patrol and garrison automatically without my intervention once I add them to the mission? Also there's a bunch of FOA modules and I'm not sure what they all do or if there are certain dependencies when placing them. I've really only used alive modules so I'm not sure if I have to add the base FOA module and then the garison and patrol module to have them functional.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm not very experienced in this yet. Your AI mod is some of the most intense combat I have ever experienced in ARMA though, thank you so much for this.

Can you please give the AI unlimited ammo.

@plsgo modules have intructions if you click show info. ;) That being said. IF you want units excluded from FOA completely you sync them or put them in a trigger activated by there side present or anybody present. Same with patrol, Garrison, Support, and hold. I'm going to expand on these with different features inside modules such as radius. Play around with them n see what ya get. Make sure you select the right apply to in the module. Such as if you use a trigger with units in that trigger its says apply to units in triggers or something to that effect. ;) Just click on apply to and scrol through those options n you'll see. ;)

@ Denco NOOO :P lol j/k I may add an option for that in next few updates, but would really prefer to add an ammo script for ammo bearers like the one in SAMO. ;)

Can you please give the AI unlimited ammo.

Denco throw this into the init of any unit you want to have infinite ammo for: this addeventhandler ["fired", {(_this select 0) setvehicleammo 1}]

Keep in mind,this essentially makes AI or player fire rounds from mag and it replaces 1st round shot instantly.The result is the AI never need to reload.Not a good option in my opinion but i feel your concerns about AI running out of Ammo.

HAHA hey Mikey,how about a dubbing for "AMMO!!,GIVE ME SOME AMMOOOO!!" when units less than three mags.Nice cue ;)

ok So Palm to head moment. Ok this questions is to all that have use AISS and/or FOA. Garrison and patrol breaks missions and campaign. Just discovered Support does as well. SO I'm going to make all these require the modules to be used. What do you think, and what else are you seeing that maybe breaking stuff I may have missed?

ok So Palm to head moment. Ok this questions is to all that have use AISS and/or FOA. Garrison and patrol breaks missions and campaign. Just discovered Support does as well. SO I'm going to make all these require the modules to be used. What do you think, and what else are you seeing that maybe breaking stuff I may have missed?

Sounds good. I want my AI mod to be incognito....only time I want to notice is when AI is doing cool stuff above vanilla intelligence. :cool: Never break missions. Ever.

Not needed Mikey. Just put a warning on the first post 'May break missions - use at own risk'. Restricting things to modules just makes it more hassle for people to open up and implement. Plug and play baby is the way forward!

Sounds good. I want my AI mod to be incognito....only time I want to notice is when AI is doing cool stuff above vanilla intelligence. :cool: Never break missions. Ever.
Not needed Mikey. Just put a warning on the first post 'May break missions - use at own risk'. Restricting things to modules just makes it more hassle for people to open up and implement. Plug and play baby is the way forward!

maybe we could settle on userconfig setting that is default to on?