Sign in to follow this  
thecoolsideofthepillow

Suggestion for Description.EXT Switches.

(I did not see a specific forum for A3 suggestions so posting this here.)

For the longest time, this has been one of my biggest gripes with the editor: In order to set some very basic options for any mission or campaign, you need to create and fill a description.ext file with a few lines of script.

To display an author name. To set the game type. To fix the number of players. To change respawn settings. Etc.

Why, oh why, can these simple items not be set via the "mission intel" window? It's the same place you set a name and a description; it could easily be made to include Author, game mode, min/max player counts, and all the respawn settings. I would even go so far as to want loadouts created quickly and easily from an interface, as these are also defined in the description.ext and should be/could be very easily handled in such an interface.

Our current 3D editor plan agrees with you ;)

• Like 1

Ooh, nice :)

Thanks to you & your colleagues for this. Looking forward to it (though not holding breath, as I like being alive :P)

Finally, I wanted to suggest that long time ago.

Totally agree. All lines of code in descr.ext should be replaced with corresponded UI input fields / counters / whatever. This is 2015, after all :D

I'd love if there was an Editor DLC at some point. There are loads of little jobs like this which should be made easier by additions to the UI/ dialogs etc.

I'll never forget you ' forgot my semi colon crash to desktop' description. ext!

• Like 1

Does developing the 3D-Editor also mean enhancements for the 2D-Editor?

ive always wanted an easier editor... well it is easy if you compare it to other editors out there but the description.ext should be built into the editor with maybe fields you can fill in for example...

mission name __________________

author _____________________

respawn BASE (tick box) player (tick box) etc etc

respawn delay _______________

yada yada yada you get my drift :)

In any case, the representation of those options in the mission.sqm should be in such a way that is easy to copy-paste from mission to mission, so that we can have the advantage of easy-to-use UI without the disadvantage of difficulty copy-pasting content.