Started back up a bit today when I managed to steal some time to get working on the next training facility part, which will be a convenience store.

Bit throttled on time last few weeks, mix of gaming and other priorities that needs to be looked at, but hopefully will get some more time in the coming weeks to get stuff kicking back up :o

@AFDS, have you started work on the Air Traffic Control tower yet, or are you concentrating on completing your original concepts first?

Guess it's about time to update this thread huh..

So there's some good news and theres some bad news.

First the good which is that I have joined a small indie game team as their lead modeler and level designer.

The bad is that this will sadly be on hold for the time being because of it..

If anyone have a wish to get ahold of some of the models to get them in engine themselves in the mean time hit me up on a PM.

Sorry for the holdup guys. Life works in mysterious ways. :o

good luck for your new job. wish you the very best no matter what happens

Guess it's about time to update this thread huh..

So there's some good news and theres some bad news.

First the good which is that I have joined a small indie game team as their lead modeler and level designer.

The bad is that this will sadly be on hold for the time being because of it..

If anyone have a wish to get ahold of some of the models to get them in engine themselves in the mean time hit me up on a PM.

Sorry for the holdup guys. Life works in mysterious ways. :o

I sent you a PM. I'd love to get ahold of the models!

Im a big believer in sharing, so im going to do this very simple so that anyone can borrow what they wish and so I don't have to send a couple dusin PM's. :o

The link below will get you to my mega drive, which again contains all my current worked on projects.

Everything will be "released" as is, for the purpose of giving people who want to port it themselves or use them to further modify it at will.

To be frank, do whatever you wish with them. They are made in Blender and for that reason they will be released as that.

There is of-course a small disclaimer as I have started working on a game with some indie guys, and that is that you cannot release anything commercially.

The simple reason for this is that most if not every asset will find its way in our game world in some kind of way, and therefor the above. :)

You must also give credit to the original author that is of-course me.

Other than that, knock yourself out.

All assets are delivered as is, you can look at my spreadsheet and see the rough estimate of completion on all models done so far.

Mainly most assets need a bit of a polishing and adding some roofs and walls and shit.

I will most likely come back at one point to complete these, but right now all my focus is on game development.

There is also a possibility that I will come back with some golden nuggets as far as assets after the game is released for you guys.

After all, I am all about sharing, and I always loved the ARMA community so might as well.

In that case there might be a megapack of a couple of hundred buildings with the same amount of props coming out in a future near you. :rolleyes:

Untill then.. have a great day and I hope you enjoy. :yay:

Download AFDS Assets

Sensible and very generous. Thanks AFDS !!

Good luck with the game

SJ

Any more news on this mod?  Would love to see some small/medium stuff relesed as stand-alone.

Is this the end?   Will someone else be able to continue this ?

So, I'll give this post a little update, seeing as it has been bumped a few times by a few interested guys. 

I've finally gotten around to getting a bit more time on my hands. Finally. (yay)

So i'll start slowly trying to allocate some time to these goodies again and see if I cant get them out into the wild within the year.

If anyone loves the import stuff into arma (which is the one thing that made me bonkers mad in the past, arma mod tools and me are not best friends to say the least haha) then feel free to send me a PM. 

Glad to see people still want it, and i'll do a re-pass of all my stuff with new known knowledge and get them a (in retrospect) a much needed final pass to get them up to a standard I can live with. 

Aka, they'll get a rather big beauty overall  :P

//AFDS - Back from the grave. 

• Like 10

G'day AFDS,

Great to see you back here. Been looking forward to your return.

• Like 3

Hardly had any time at all to get into the gritty of the old containers, but 90% of the work so far is just redoing alot of old assets that were terribly optimized and generally speaking terrible in many ways haha. 

To put it into perspective after going over a few things the total polys would decrease to half, while quality got *alot* better. 

So, since I dont really feel like sharing some rough rework stuff yet, i'll just throw up some pictures of some wip containers now that I have so much more polys to work with. 

One thing I wanted when I got back to the project was to make some real containers, not just rely on high def textures to give the idea that it has depth and what not. 

Due to that i've started some slowpoke work whenever I have some minutes spare to get some standardized sizes and testing around abit with a good mix of real world vs custom made once. 

The rendering makes the roughed out door frames look real goofy, but it's just block out testing yet.

Still super rough and just a blockout for myself so I can move some of the containers out of their old "cutouts" that is in reality just two planes glued together for the sake of having a rough size reference. 

Also need to find my old rendering settings because they look like poop at the moment, at least it beats my old blender render before moving to newest max..hehe..

But it's a start in the right direction again at least. The major point being that something is being done, and i'll try and get a weekly update or so going, hopefully with more interesting updates than this. 

//AFDS

U25Mo54.jpg

• Like 10

So I woke up early today and figured i'd get cracking on getting one of my older assets a quick do over to get more inline with my new quality benchmarks. 

Obviously still a bit of work still to be done on it, but it's getting closer to where it needs to be, and a hell of alot more refined vs the first version. 

Getting the hang of my renders again I think so its getting there. 

This will be a two room repair module, where you have your air compressor and other heavier equipment on the end of it and the main repair section on the left with your assortment of power tools and such for working on vehicles. 

Probably add another power tool or so in the main room and such, but it's getting there.

The boxes look pretty low res when you have it at this distance but they are loosely based on pelican cases and have a good bit of detailing up close (without going overboard in polys haha)

Doors and the like are ofcourse super placeholder so ignore the funky "handles" haha. 

Also got around to update my first post with the new (at least to me) intergrated imgur showcase thingy so you can now see all current assets alot easier. 

Havn't gotten around to resort it all by date yet, but it should still be alot easier to find older assets and have a look this way. 

Anyway, just a quick update before the day starts. Hope you enjoy. 

//AFDS

yRrAz3j.jpg

• Like 8

Hi AFDS nice work I was just wondering about what the application in game for these is going to be?  Are they just going to be static objects that have no game effect or is the long term aim for them to be interactable objects?  Thanks again for the awesome work.

Hi AFDS nice work I was just wondering about what the application in game for these is going to be?  Are they just going to be static objects that have no game effect or is the long term aim for them to be interactable objects?  Thanks again for the awesome work.

Both really. Some things will be purely static just for the immersion aspect, while some will also be functional. 

Not everything has a obvious purpose ingame (more so in vanilla). 

Obviously application wise it will be more limited to my own config mastery (or lack thereof), but most of them should have some kind of purpose other than looking pretty. 

Stuff like say Repair stations and Fuel stations will obviously fill that purpose. 

Kitchens and lavatories less so. 

On the other hand you have medical facilities and uav centers that will if all goes according to plan be fully operational and functional. 

It all comes down like I mentioned to configs. I know what I want to do can, and has been done already. So I'll take a peek at some examples when it gets closer to that stage. 

//AFDS

• Like 2

G'day AFDS,

Are you planning on releasing the containers as individual units as you complete them, or will you release them in packs?

Really looking forward to these. Have been patiently awaiting your return.

G'day AFDS,

Are you planning on releasing the containers as individual units as you complete them, or will you release them in packs?

Really looking forward to these. Have been patiently awaiting your return.

For the sake of ease and updates,  almost certainly going to be released in one pack. 

If someone for whatever reason desperately needs just one thing im sure that could be done ofcourse 

//AFDS

Its nice that you are back because when i saw first your project it was like.... i really dont know how to describe it but i knew one thing.... i must have this! :) After you left this project for  a while i thought it was end of it but later you reborn and working on it again and that was signal for me :D So good luck and im looking forward to this awesome project. Thanks

Greets DonbassCZ

• Like 1

So, it's sunday. And I woke up super early for reasons that is far beyond my understanding. 

Therefor, I took the opportunity to get  some work done on this, seeing as im doing "an update a week".. at least it's almost Monday, right? 

Im going down the line with a few exceptions on my containers from before. And for that purpose the ISTAR was up. Or small command center if you wish. 

Still has alot of small detailing to do, such as way to many cables and stuff. Still a bit on the edge if I want to use arma chairs due to already done animations that fit, or just make my own. 

The front "stand" isnt exactly done and will probably store some stuff under there. 

Pelican military spec cases for important server hardware and the like. 

Probably end up making a outside antenna or two to use with it for the correct aesthetics. 

Anyway, have a lovely sunday and enjoy for now. 

//AFDS

R37W5kF.jpg

• Like 12

Been a busy week, but got around to fixing up some stuff on the good 'ol drone/uav container. 

Most of the work is below the surface though, but just started getting some more of the basics sorted out. 

Still some work to be done like most things when it comes to the small stuff like cables and the like. 

But, like most stuff, it's getting closer to the finished product with the little time had today. 

//AFDS

HPBXcfH.jpg

• Like 10