@AFDS,

Another good looking addition to the product line.

With the Military Police crate, do you intend to have the cell door controlled from the service desk or with an action on the door itself?

I noticed the Jbad guys have produced a guardhouse and the cell door is controlled by a PC on a desk in the office.

@Serjames:

Hmm.. I'll give it a think. More likely will be to make a surveillance mast with some cctv cameras for perimiter monitoring combined with the watchtowers 360 thermal imagery.

In a more permanent base like Bastion and such I think it would fit perfectly, just not sure how effective it would be in a "small" FOB where enemy contact is very much present. :)

Brilliant! Great ideas & the WiP pictures are lovely :)

One request - please would you make all the doors lockable? If you haven't seen DasAttorney's amazing breaching WiP, have a look at this post; many of your buildings (even the toilets!) could be great targets for breaching. Your addition of furniture (far too many empty rooms in vanilla BIS buildings) makes breach/entry trickier & hence more fun - defenders hiding behind desks, etc.

@Orcinus:

I would love to have the ability to lock doors, at the same time anything extra in the scrolling menu gives me cancer.

Hence why I want to try and get in touch with someone that know how to make some commo roses,seeing there are more and more mods around with such things.

But as long as its not a huge toll on a server im sure I could look into making stuff lockable. :)

Edited by AFDS

Cheers, AFDS (I know what you mean about the scroll menu).

So today it's going to be kinda quiet here, and possibly tomorrow as well.

I will try and render out some goodies along the way.

Started working on making a proper MOUT site, as the stuff that have showed up in ArmA has been lackluster at best.

So, since there is a great looking rather new special operations training center down in Jordan, it would be a good template.

There is quite alot of building to build, and then theres the small thing of making everything work as the insides are not really shown.

But having built my share of stuff, it's rather easy to understand what they want in a MOUT system, and it's usually very varied interiors to train on.

So, on that note... Hope you guys are looking forward to a real, full size, training facility for your units in the near future.

What's the point with a great FOB if you cant train to look the part... :o

Untill next time.. Enjoy. :cool:

Ninue80.jpg

Embassy Building Training

One of many buildings coming.

Upcoming training facility.

This is still about 50% done, no details have been added yet, but gives a first look.

All of the buildings will have doors ofcourse that work, and hopefully the CQB-M stuff would work with it.

Would really heighten the CQB training in arma, as mentioned before, its really lacking in current format.

Only 34 to go.. :yay:

"Link to Embassy: Highres"

pybbiSR.jpg

Edited by AFDS

@AFDS,

Slow down dude so we can catch up. Great work. Looking good.

AFDS, that's very pretty. Will there be a version suitable for use as a 'normal' building (i.e. with a roof, window glass, furniture, etc.)?

ArmA really could use more buildings designed with CQB in mind, please keep up the good work :)

Right now the plan is to make the training versions first, then I will probably transition in to making normal buildings after I have released the first round of crates and such.

The training versions will have roofs however, furniture however is a bit sketch due to the polycounts of buildings, but should be easy enough to just place that manually later.

Glass wont be used in these as that would be a large injury risk during training with flashbangs and grenades going off etc.

But yeah, in short, there will be made more normal buildings in the future. That's really what I started out modeling when I first started so its logical to keep doing some of that later.

And we all know the lack of placeable buildings in arma with proper interiors that are up to date. :)

Hey AFDS..

Love your Work, cant wait to see this ingame :) could you make a list with what you already have made, and whats on your TO DO list :)

you are fast as hell :D

Suggestions -

A mechanical garage, for repairing vehicles.

A Guard House (Gate house) for your FOB.

A Kiosk, soldiers need some drugs (candy), magasines, beers and so on, in their free time :D

A Training Facility, workout, bodybuilding you know ;)

A small container where you unload your weapons.. dont know they are called, but i remember in Afghanistan that there was these tubes, where you could put your gun in and pull the trigger, for safety when unloading you gun :)

I would love to see some trailers ingame.. really, and i thougt about some smaller trailers for the cars like the Hunter, could have a trailer with ammo supply, Medical trailer, and Fuel trailer.

And maybe a trailer for a recovery car, a Hunter could drive out to attach another hunter on the trailer.

well that most be it for now ;)

best regards

Dennis

Hey Dennis!

Bit slow last two days as I needed a small break after spending every spare awake hour on these things the last 20 days or so ha ha.

Normally trailers are pretty straight forward, and you will be able to transport all of my cargo containers on a trailer, so you can take it out to the field and do, I guess, field repairs.

The trailer that is currently around will have some versions of it as well to fill other roles, like you mention, hauling more normal stuff like vehicles and what not. :)

I'll throw a link here so you can check out the spreadsheet with all the progress. What has been made and whats on the "to do" roster.

I'll look into making a discharge station for weapons, that's pretty much just a barrel with some water in it. :)

Guard house will probably be made as part of my hesco stuff, or I might make a smaller cargo one for operation of gates(I have been working on quite a few, just not published yet)

A Kiosk will be made, most likely in the form of the Bastion Food Mart. So it will be showing up at one point.

Training facility is something I've thought about doing, and most likely will be doing a bit later, as its pretty low impact poly wise though will have no interaction (unlike my other crates) :)

Hope that answers your stuff! :cool:

Link to Project Overview

On a side note, been working on getting most of the texture stuff that I would need ready..

Safe to say, I dont mess around.. PBR textures takes alot of space.. Not as many as it seems though as most are in 4x resolutions for different applications. :)

WMI0cNQ.png

Edited by AFDS

About the base air-defence ability:Would like to request that you could make CIWS ,Manpad (Swedish RBS-70) and the Rapier System as STAND-ALONE Downloads please.:) Beacouse we have a complete lack there of .We need some toweable AA to make some kind of "protected"

airspace around important zones.

We would like to be able to have these on trucks that could go ahead of the forces and simply deny access to harbours and so on.

We need some assets to be placed separetly from other assets in Zeus....We need some Russian style too....Like a "Chopper+Rapier" placeble AA system.

We need a system that will warn of incoming enemys and have some area with assets that will drive to the base .

Please , Add a Script that will allow for placing just the one part that you may require for you`re base and AA+tow-car. Would like to have some sort of controllable floodlights with the abillity to switch off all lights if needed.

Edited by Teddybear1

So the way I'll release this is in two ways I think.

If you have seen my spreadsheet you can see that stuff is in different categories.

I will be releasing a complete package and then I will also see if I cant release individual once as well.

That way people can use what they need and leave the rest if the dont want the few mb's extra. :)

So had a few days off to regroup and get some stuff sorted out, but back and kicking.

Starting off with a new bank facility that is close to complete, just needs some interior tables and what have you. :)

Untill next time.. Enjoy

Bank Training Facility

So, this is a bank.

With enough offices to make every customer a happy one.

With a high security vault and 2 seperate safety deposit vaults.

"Link to Bank Highres"

qwJqAXy.jpg

I think we need safety deposit boxes with diamonds in them (oooh very topical!).

You are a beast at knocking these out mate ! Keep up the good work !

Edited by Kremator
shite spelling !

I think we need saftey deposit boxes with diamonds in them (oooh very topical!).

You are a beast at knocking these out mate ! Keep up the good work !

And Negligent police officers, they're critical! :D

Aside from that I agree with what he said, these look insane.

Hey Dennis!

Bit slow last two days as I needed a small break after spending every spare awake hour on these things the last 20 days or so ha ha.

Normally trailers are pretty straight forward, and you will be able to transport all of my cargo containers on a trailer, so you can take it out to the field and do, I guess, field repairs.

The trailer that is currently around will have some versions of it as well to fill other roles, like you mention, hauling more normal stuff like vehicles and what not. :)

I'll throw a link here so you can check out the spreadsheet with all the progress. What has been made and whats on the "to do" roster.

I'll look into making a discharge station for weapons, that's pretty much just a barrel with some water in it. :)

Guard house will probably be made as part of my hesco stuff, or I might make a smaller cargo one for operation of gates(I have been working on quite a few, just not published yet)

A Kiosk will be made, most likely in the form of the Bastion Food Mart. So it will be showing up at one point.

Training facility is something I've thought about doing, and most likely will be doing a bit later, as its pretty low impact poly wise though will have no interaction (unlike my other crates) :)

Hope that answers your stuff! :cool:

Link to Project Overview

On a side note, been working on getting most of the texture stuff that I would need ready..

Safe to say, I dont mess around.. PBR textures takes alot of space.. Not as many as it seems though as most are in 4x resolutions for different applications. :)

http://i.imgur.com/WMI0cNQ.png

Thats fine :) thanks for your reply :) and keep up the great Work :) i will follow this close ;)

Not much to report here today, been making some slow progress blocking out the tornado from scratch after getting more used to bits and bobs.

A lazy sunday so I couldn't be bothered with doing a 2 hour render for something that is not complete. :rolleyes:

Super rough, and about 10-15% done on the model, but it's something at least as it seems quite a few people are looking forward to getting a tornado..

That's all for now. Off to the couch where one is supposed to be on a sunday.. :p

ErQ929f.jpg

@AFDS,

Been a while since we heard from you. Hope you haven't had a sickness relapse? If you have, hope you're taking care of yourself?

@Wansec

Nothing so drastic good fellow. It's just a small thing called GTA V on PC..:o

Will be getting back to working on mods again over the weekend probably to start working on more stuff and finishing up old stuff. :cool:

Glad to hear your ok and gaming. Can't call yourself a workaholic now:p Looking forward to your next update!