That storage container textured looks really good. Looking forward to the next instalment.

Gah. This is looking so good. Very much looking forward to it. Those models though....far out. Great stuff! :)

Just a small test on a larger object to see how textures are affected and how I will need to assign layers due to it.

As always, super WIP and mainly done to test out track textures as well as some dirt settings.

Enjoy I suppose :o

D1pMMpt.jpg

Wow Everything's coming together! Keep it up.

I was just dreaming of a project like this a few nights ago. Now it's finally a reality :) Thank you!

EDIT: These may be terrible (or repeated) ideas but what about a power plant/generators, finance/postal/legal offices, a chapel, a morgue, Military Police station, Kennel?

Edited by AMS AGENT 000

Hm. Is the idea of having some sort of incinerator pod too outlandish? I know the common thing in Iraq was to dig a trench, dump all your crap in it, dump some fuel over it, and light the damn thing on fire while watching the fumes and smoke spread out across the FOB and the surrounding area. You'd think that in the futuristic ArmAversum things might be a little more... environmentally sound? less likely to turn your lungs black before you're 20? y'know, that sort of thing. ;)

Also, with the back of the guard tower exposed like that, I'd suggest maybe having some camo netting over it? Possibly a roll placed at the top, or at the top and the middle, toggled by scroll menu.

Edit- Thinking about FOBs and going over some of my dad's old pictures from '04, one more realistic suggestion comes to mind. Mortar pits. I'm not sure if they'd be made with hesco, or sandbags, but every self-respecting FOB has to be able to lob some welcome packages at anybody trying to personally greet a patrol. Also, illumination.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Concerning the GR4 Tornado: The Tornado available hasn´t got a proper cockpit and the weapons are bugged so a proper Tornado would really be awesome, I can absolutely understand that you got a huge workload on your shoulders though.

I've actually obtained the source files for the BW GR4 and have had it for a couple of months, with some progress on textures and sounds. I'll add an image when I'm not on my phone

4 Hours Later: http://imgur.com/dMZ7CFM

http://imgur.com/t2n1Von

Ignore the crappy graphics, and that model in the hanger. The other GR4 was a comparison between some textures that I'm working on Still unfinished as of writing.

Edited by Lugi

I've actually obtained the source files for the BW GR4 and have had it for a couple of months, with some progress on textures and sounds. I'll add an image when I'm not on my phone

Sounds Promising :D Would love to see a BW Tornado. Will you work on the Cockpit MFDs and armament too?

Someones been busy in here.. :cool:

Back up after 33 hours of work and then 12 off haha. The way of the workaholic. :o

From the top on ideas:

Incendirator have been looked at, still not sure what it might be used for in arma, but then again that does not really matter. Will make one, have reference photos.

Guard Tower: I will throw in a camonet over the enterance, normally if they are outside the base there is a hesco barricade around the whole thing so its fully enclosed.

Mortar Pits: Have been made, just not released yet, as part of the Hesco Goodness.

Generators: Will be in by release. Have some early WIP on that as well, just trying to find some that look a bit more interesting than a square.

Morgue: I dont quite have any crate references on that, but im sure I can whip up some. I have some morgue textures for the coolers, so should be easy enough

Postal Office: Should again be easy enough, a counter and a secondary crate with all the packages

Military Police: Again, not quite sure how that would look, but probably a small 3x crate with some computers and what not like a normal micro precinct.

K9 Units: That is actually almost done as well, not released. Will be showing pictures soon.

Chapel: Not sure how the enlisted men go about their prayers. Not being one myself it never quite occured to me. Would there be a mosque as well?

Normaly when its further outside the main AO you get the gunless Military personal sent to you if requested or the CO wants to play a joke on you.

Most Soldiers i knew prayed for themselfs if they were religouse belivers (to each his own) in the Main Bases you do have a Chapel of sort. In Kosovo that actually built a real one. In Astan it was just a Briefing Container with a cross on the entrance.

4 Hours Later: http://imgur.com/dMZ7CFM

http://imgur.com/t2n1Von

Ignore the crappy graphics, and that model in the hanger. The other GR4 was a comparison between some textures that I'm working on Still unfinished as of writing.

Looks sexy, do you mean BWMod? I've also got some Tornado sources but I want to know for sure that they're OK before doing anything with them.

Been kinda quiet today with training night as well as some gaming time for first time in a while.

So because I was a bit paranoid, I figured id just import a crate to see that the game engine wont spaz out for unknown reasons.. It ofcourse didnt thankfully.

However.. I found out it's not quite 1:1 scale by default.. to say the least.. :cool:

Now that that is figured out though, thing can move forward and get ready for texturing now that I know stuff works as intended ingame.

ndjT8Hq.jpg

Watch out you don't get stepped on!

Was having a think about your various crates and was wondering whether you could create a Command and Control Crate, Medical Crate and Field Kitchen Crate the same size as your Drone Control Centre for use at smaller bases (patrol bases) closer to the front lines. Just an idea.

@Wansec:

Right now the command and control crate actually comes in two sizes, the "normal" 1x crate size and the double, the 1x is just a bit larger than the drone control crate.

Medical crate I am not sure is possible to downscale due to the fact it needs a surgeon to walk around the patient and therefor would hit his elbows each time he went around on the interior wall ,which is less than ideal..

Field kitchen will be possible to downscale for a smaller version. There will be a Bastion Foodmart type of thing coming for shits and giggles a bit later that would fill your needs there Wansec. :D

Bit of slow last days, bit under the weather so going a bit slow to be honest.

But started some work on more fortifications to give you guys a small tease.

This will be a huge thing in itself, as I hate current arma fortification stuff as in numbers and sizes of stuff, so I will be making alot of that in many a variation..

MAinly suited towards not having to place out a million different once to get the effect you need quickly.

This is probably about 1/10th of what will be in by release. It's not hard to make and it's pretty quick to throw together.

Also, it's nice to do when your kinda sick as it does not require to much brain activity, haha. :o

"Higher Res: 4K" (657 kB)

UtcWKqm.jpg

So it was about time to do a showcase render again with the fortification assets as well as the firefighter uav to give a small idea how small things makes a large impact on the overall picture.

Worry not about the million tanktraps, those all equate to about half a building poly wise when combined..

Nothing groundbreaking or anything, but again, that took me about 10 minutes to setup, which is what it would take you ingame to setup.

Currently, setting up a defensive perimiter would take me 40 minutes with ingame assets, because you need so damn many of each thing, then you have to space stuff properly.. It's just a mess.

Hence, it's a "tad" easier to get large concentrations of stuff done without all the headaches that is currently around for doing stuff with current arma assets, being 2-4 wide kinda thing.

Untill next time.. Enjoy. :cool:

"Higher Resolution: 4K"

eEIEDtf.jpg

Edited by AFDS

oh,wowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow,speechless.

Well,sorry I was strike by the ACE3 news in this forum.The FOB looks amazing.I'm about to ask are you going to provide the script for build that FOB when release?

Just out of curiosity, will you be making a particular script that will let you build the FOB and what not more or less by hand or will there be Several Presets you place on the ground?

Well, the showcase FOB as of right now is just me putting together all the assets to show what you, the end user, can make.

However, if people request it, im sure I can look into having some nice pre-done once trough the Zeus system, which would make it easy if you dont have time to do it from scratch.

Obviously that would be in different sizes and variations, but thats defenatly possible.

Had not really thought about it before, but I can make that happen once its done. :)

• Like 1

I'm just throwing this out there, but have you ever thought about expanding your line of products to include the necessary bits for a small airstrip? A control tower/cab, aircraft ordnance crate, maybe even some kind of portable hangar or aircraft shelter, for example.

• Like 1

Completely understand about the surgical crate. Perhaps another idea would be a first aid/treatment crate where a medic could dispense medications and conduct basic medical consultations/procedures for troops at a small base and for the indigenous population in a hearts and m7nds campaign.

I agree with Darkhorses idea as well. A telescopic/scissor lift style of control tower and a ground control radar would be a good option for setting up an expeditionary airfield. The Australian Air Force have a mobile control tower that operates on a scissor lift to gain height. Will try to f7nd some pictures for you.

Thanks for taking the time to consider.

• Like 1

@Darkhorse 1-6

I have given it a slight thought as I have made helipads so to speak, so that would be interesting to do.

Not hard at all, and I do have some reference pictures for that stored as usual.

I'll look into it, would make alot of sense to have that as part of the complete package.

A first aid/treatment crate is actually a good idea, i'll have to make one for getting.

Was planning on making something similar as I need something to store the blood as that is only 30 min lifetime after its taken out of the "freezer". :)

Got kinda bored in the middle of the night and figured I'd muster up the little power I had left after being sick to make a bit of a practical joke on a fellow 51SB guy.

Our very own Yoshida, that just happens to be a hair dresser in RL and Tank Commander in 51SB.

Just incase he ever gets out of a job as a tank commaner.. He will always have the crate standing by to take him on.. :o

Do pardon the rather lackluster render, or lack thereof, as I couldnt be bothered to wait 3 hours of rendering for something to make people giggle for 5 seconds.

Some serious stuff will be coming later today though with a bit of luck if this damn virus clears out a bit. :D

On second thought.. rendering out a proper one for material testing. Updated picture soon.

Fb1QLEe.jpg

Edited by AFDS

Sounds great. I haven't been able to find photos of the Mobile ATC tower, but I did find a video on youtube you might be interested in.