This thread is better than the news i come here everyday theres something new and it doesnt make me sad

but seriously look great :)

Holy crap!!! Brilliant on the starstreak. Will you be doing the operator station too ? And for the rapier ?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Perhaps not as exciting as Anti Air, but just as needed in the field.

Waterstorage + Waterbottle plant

What you need in the field more than anything, regardless where you find yourself..

Water. You need water. Not only do you need to store it, but you need to get it in the field.

That's where we come in. With our storage capabilities and our cargo crate made for quick bottling you get both.

With the capacity of over 2000 bottles a day, you will not be running out of drinking water anytime soon in the field.

HighRes Version (197 kB)

779nelM.jpg

So.. I wanted something to show off in my motorpool other than just trailers.

And since our 51SB mod guru Burnes is working on so many awesome vehicles, I couldnt quite find something.. Untill now.

It still has quite a few things to fix, but its looking pretty snappy.

Good luck crossing my minefield after i've been out on patrol with this... :p

Alvis Shielder

Not many of these around in the british armed forces.

But they do exist, and I happend to need something in my motorpool..

Higher Resolution (947 kB)

FrMTlPh.jpg

Now we just need the rest of the CVR(T) family. That model is awseome what's the count on it?

Your modules are looking great. After looking over your FOB layout, about the only thing I think is missing is fire fighting equipment.

Perhaps you could design a fire fighting vehicle similar to those used on US aircraft carriers. Something small and maneuverable, that could also have a role as a medical evacuation vehicle to move wounded from the helipad to the medical crate.

Just a suggestion. What do you think?

@Wansec

Have not thought about any type of fire stuff, but that is quite a good idea.. I'll have to see if I can dig up some pictures of those on the carriers then.

Today will be mainly redoing alot of my old assets to get them up to par with newfound technical know how.

Im guessing most wont belive me when I say I never touched blender before 13th of this month.

So, it's been a learning curve, but so far its going pretty damn good I think :cool:

So today has been a bit slow day, and have been used mainly to start going over the oldest assets, and redoing them/tweaking them to a higher standard basically.

The reason for this is both for the overall quality, but was needed before I could start thinking about texture work which is coming rather soon.

So due to that, I also rendered out some new white scale goodness for you guys, because as we have established before, old blender renders suck. :p

Untill next time.. Enjoy

Higher Resolution (959 kB)

tI3SXlO.jpg

Higher Resolution (1180 kB)

C7RKyhT.jpg

As usual... Nice stuff :)

AFDS - looking great - do you have reference photos for these containers I wanted to share them internally to explain what you're coming up with etc

Cheers

SJ

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

Great news on the Alvis Stormer chassis.... Could you not do the Stormer HVM with the StarStreak addon too perhaps ?

Now THAT would be useful in ALiVE type scenarios where we get raped by Hind choppers all the time....

SJ

p.s. this is like blooming Christmas ! How can you be working so fast ?

@Serjames

I can defenatly get you some photos for reference to the real stuff being made. I keep about 500-600 pictures by this point of everything so dont mind me if I only give you one/two of each. :p

Since its not greyscale please press the highres button, its not really highres, but the preview is going to be grainy as shit. You have been warned.

As far as the shielder variations, im sure I can get around to making the stormer version of it as well in time. :cool:

How I can work this fast is simple. This is my hobby, and as you might have guessed, quite passionate one at that.

It's all about juggling time for what you like I guess. :o

Didnt quite have space for every single thing ive made, but you get the general idea im sure.

Everything I make I made on the backbone of what is exsiting in the real world, and in some cases I tweak those to better fit what I think is more optimized for its task.

And since some crates that I have reference stuff for is abit old (as in just a few years back, but still..) I give them some modern tweaks basically.

Hope that gives you guys a overview, and that its not all just fantasy crates. These are actually deployed crates with a bit of AFDS tweaks. :cool:

"Higher Res" (292 kB)

LCVZNqf.jpg

Edited by AFDS

Absolutely fascinating. Some bloody ingenious engineering in these self contained units.

Well I wish I had your skills !!

Keep up the great work.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I guess take a old render (well the model, not the actual render) for comparison to the drone one.

Please ignore the obvious issues with monitors, as this needs a second pass one of these days, being one of my first crates. :o

But its a good comparison to the pictures shown at the end of the day to give you a feel of reference vs what you'll get.

"Higher Res: 4K" (238 kB)

tb1jBgl.jpg

• Like 1

I had a similar idea for more statics and defensive position for an FOB as i always felt when i built one in game it never really felt like a FOB but never had the know how and never the sheer range that you have come up with. This mod looks like it'll make FOB's and bases very interesting places to be ;)

So, yesterday I looked around a bit to look for something I liked when it came to firefighing vehicles in a role that is a bit more.. versatile than a carrier.

Thats when I found the puppy above, which is currently being field tested this year in units.

And as im sure the vehicle shows, it can get around pretty nifty anywhere.

Carries a large for its size watertank and all the extras you would need to extingish different types of fires.

Has the ability to be waypoint driven, or direct controlled dempendant on what the operator needs.

"Higher Resolution: 4K" (740 kB)

ZL4BR5W.jpg

@AFDS those reference photos were good. Pretty amazing stuff. Your fire fighting unit looks cool and I'm sure it will be a valuable addition to the game.

With the rapier air defence unit, could it be controlled remotely from your C2 crate? I think early units had a control station that was located not far from the weapon itself, but control from a C2 location would provide better protection for the operators.

• Like 1

My plans for the Air Defense is hopefully to set them up as drones or something like that, and the station as a terminal or something, so that you can sync up with more than one in the area if you are a bit down on manpower.

But nothing is final on that part yet.. :cool:

So it's been a slow day, it's sunday after all.

But I have started work on something.. quite more complex than the stuff I have been working on up untill now.

Since we need the Panavia Tornado in 51SB, and I needed a more technical challenge to make. I figured it would be a good start to get complex.

Sadly no complete stuff today, but at least a startup teaser from the blocking out of key aspects of the Tornado body.

Totally not used to working more or less exclusively with blueprints, so thats a new challenge to overcome just there..

Looks wrong, is right.. ahh.. Gotta love it. :o

uHE9csc.jpg

Edited by AFDS

Nice to see the Tonka being made, I know its a touch early but what squadrons are you hoping to have liveries of?

617 being a personal fave. Keep up the good work!

Not quite sure on the liveries yet, but if people have some favorites, feel free to shoot me a link or two to them and i'll see if I cant get them done.

This is going to be a bit of a longer project than the normal stuff, so I will probably be making some stuff in between the battles :p

Again, if anyone is missing anything, either crate or otherwise, let me know.

Started a bit on some pre-stuff for texturing. That in itself is gonna take a week of solid work to get done.

Just the drone control central has about 60 different electronic devices that needs to be made.

Hence, why im not rushing to start on texturing yet. Though since alot of the things will be working for many purposes, texturing wont take more or less really with a few added gizmos extra. :cool:

Not quite sure on the liveries yet, but if people have some favorites, feel free to shoot me a link or two to them and i'll see if I cant get them done.

This is going to be a bit of a longer project than the normal stuff, so I will probably be making some stuff in between the battles :p

Again, if anyone is missing anything, either crate or otherwise, let me know.

Started a bit on some pre-stuff for texturing. That in itself is gonna take a week of solid work to get done.

Just the drone control central has about 60 different electronic devices that needs to be made.

Hence, why im not rushing to start on texturing yet. Though since alot of the things will be working for many purposes, texturing wont take more or less really with a few added gizmos extra. :cool:

Great job tackeling a bigger and more complex challenge! For Textures i would advise to take a look at some of the Tools like Quixel or Substance Painter, that can greatly reduce the time you need for the textures and other maps connected to them. It will also solidify your workflow

So I couldnt sleep, and got back up to test that my beloved Substance Painter was still working as intended.. Ofcourse it was.

Just a small colored test run with some of the textures that will be used to see that things look like they should basically.

The above is what you might call a rough start, without any kind of weathering or detailing which will bring alot of assets to life.

@Fluttershy

I actually bought the Substance Indie Pack a few weeks back now when it was on sale, so that will be my main toolset for texturing.

Freaking amazing package, though a bit pricey. Also, looks like someone already have a working Tornado GR4 in trough the BW pack, so that will be on hold a bit.

Couldnt find one on the bi forums but forgot to check armaholic like a donkey.. :o

"Higher Res: 4K" (769 kB)

bdRMzm8.jpg

Concerning the GR4 Tornado: The Tornado available hasn´t got a proper cockpit and the weapons are bugged so a proper Tornado would really be awesome, I can absolutely understand that you got a huge workload on your shoulders though.