Sign in to follow this  
Knaller

Nightvision at A2-Night-Missions

Hello

I have Arma II CO in Steam with ACE2-Mods. I am a noob and I want to play some Arma 2 Scenarios in Coop with Friends.

Now we have a problem:

on night-missions the nightvision doesnt work an Sniper-Scopes (e.g. M107), Rangefinders, Telescope etc. The screen is going black and I cant see anything.

Are all A2-night-Scenarios arent playable anymore?

I did some research and I know that this is a reality-feature since A2 OA (NV cant be used with normal Scopes in reality).

So in OA-Missions I just have to choose the right NV-Scope. right?

But what to do with all the nice A2-Missions? I cant choose the right scope. OA equipment is not available.

If I start with the old A2-Vanilla, I couldnt use Combined Operations and all the Mods out there like ACE etc.

So what are the options to play A2-Night-Scenarios? How could I make the NV working at all scopes?

any help is appreciated

thx:)

example-Mission: Co02 Widow's Pik

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17108

deep night. Two Snipers. Rifles, Binoculars/Rangefinders, Telescope... nothing works. Missions isnt playable.

Edited by Knaller

It's a while since I played with ACE, IIRC NVGs were not compatible with many optics.

In general the missions that work best with ACE are the ones made for ACE use (gosh, what a surprise - not). Adding ACE to other missions can break them, e.g., if the mission maker equips the player & AI teammates with rifle & AT launchers with the task of intercepting an armoured column, you might not be able to get there in time due to the ACE fatigue system. Solution to that is to remove the fatigue PBOs.

No idea if it's possible to do something similar wrt scopes & NVGS, probably not. You could try running Kronzky's support call & get an NV-scoped or FLIR-scoped rifle that way (not sure if it works in A2 standalone, but I play all A2 missions in CO anyway.

thx for youre answer!

the "not working" sniper scopes came with OA, not with ACE. If I start the mission with CO Vanilla, the M107 and the M24 scopes are black. ACE only brings the Vector 21B Nite instead of the binocular). Thats why I dont understand why obviously all A2-night-scenarios are broken because of the OA addon??

I tried your "Kronzky's support call". Its gorgeous! Actually exactly what I need! I can simply drop all sniper weapons with integratet NVG ...but obviously it only works in SP.... so no solution for our COOP-events!:( (dont understand why there is no MP support)

I dont understand exactly what the author means, but obviously the Missioneditor can add the support for MP:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135571-SupportCall-quot-Cheat-quot-module&p=2170521&viewfull=1#post2170521

... but I cant modify all my scenarios

this solution needs also the editing of all missions.... if I have understood correctly:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163473-Night-vision-and-sniper-scopes&p=2511316&viewfull=1#post2511316

This thread sounds also interesting. But I absolutly dont understand what to do:

-link removed-

Is there another way? I would be so grateful.

Cant imagine that I am the only one who wants to play all the cool A2 coop sniper missions.

thx:)

(btw: how do I have in the ACE-mod to measure the distance for sniping at night, if the rangefinder does not work at night?)

Edited by Knaller
removing link

Of course scopes doesnt work with Night vision.

Maybe if you try to take the NVG of and wait a moment untill your vision gets used to the dark (it will eventualy), you might get more succesfull. At least that is what i do. There is no night so black in arma game, that you actally need NVGs too much, unles you are in middle of a forrest and the weather is really bad.

Also ACE rangefinder Vector 21B has night vision Mode. :-) Just try the / button on your numerical keypad, (also works for switching between scope and Backup sights on some weapons)

Edited by Mirek

I tried your "Kronzky's support call". Its gorgeous! Actually exactly what I need! I can simply drop all sniper weapons with integratet NVG ...but obviously it only works in SP.... so no solution for our COOP-events!:( (dont understand why there is no MP support)

Support Call was specifically designed not to be MP compatible so people can't use it to cheat in MP.

Never tried Gen Carver's script.

The last (munged) URL looks to be to the sort of site I never visit and generally abhor, even though I don't play MP.

I would strongly advise against posting links to sites that may offer advice on how to cheat in MP, it could get you banned. See forum rules:

§6) No posting of explicit media or hacking/cheating content

though obviously you weren't looking to do that.

Of course scopes doesnt work with Night vision.

Yes I absolutly support this. But A2-rifles dont have NV-scopes available. So if you play A2-missions at CO I cant equip the right scopes. In this case its more bug-removing to me, if I want NV working with normal scopes.

keyword reality: night operations without NV-rifles would probably not realistic

Maybe if you try to take the NVG of and wait a moment untill your vision gets used to the dark (it will eventualy), you might get more succesfull. At least that is what i do. There is no night so black in arma game, that you actally need NVGs too much, unles you are in middle of a forrest and the weather is really bad.

Good hint. In urban environment it works because of the street lamps. But at forest etc. I only see the stars and what is a few meters around me. Enemies always see me first:p

Also ACE rangefinder Vector 21B has night vision Mode. :-) Just try the / button on your numerical keypad, (also works for switching between scope and Backup sights on some weapons)

Yes! Very nice! It works... Thx!;)

---

Support Call was specifically designed not to be MP compatible so people can't use it to cheat in MP.

If the server admin host a server and wants this addon working to remedy mission-bugs... in my opinion support for COOP would be a good idea. Thats not cheating to me.

I would strongly advise against posting links to sites that may offer advice on how to cheat in MP, it could get you banned. See forum rules:

§6) No posting of explicit media or hacking/cheating content

though obviously you weren't looking to do that.

I removed it. thx

---

If found this little Mod "gdtmod_rifle_nvgoggles 1.02". Unfortunatly it doesnt work with ACE-Mod.

http://www.gdt-server.net/www/index.php?site=files&file=47

(thats not a problematic site... is it?)

So I am still searching.

What would I have to do to modify this mod to make it ACE-compatible? I am absolutly new to modding etc.

Edited by Knaller

@Knaller

You could try removing ace_sys_nvg.pbo and see what happens (might be the wrong pbo, might break other things; easy enough to check).

Also take a look at the Warmod series - one for A2, one for CO, and a third for CO + ACE. Huge compilations, they are fully customisable - just create a folder in "Addons" called "Storage" (so you can add them back as & when needed) and move the addons you don't want into it. I don't recall if there's an addon in the COWarmodAce that restores the ablity to use NVGs with scopes, though. Just search the Arma 2 "Addons & Mods: Complete" forum for "Warmod" (without the quotes). Every mod in each compilation was very extensively tested for compatibility, and they can add a lot to stock & user missions & campaigns.

If you are planning to modify any addon or mod you really do need the original author or authors to agree if you are planning to distribute it to others, unless the authors have made it open source (rare).

Otherwise you are likely to be blackballed by the community and permanently banned from the forums. Go read the rules again - all of them :)

You could try removing ace_sys_nvg.pbo and see what happens (might be the wrong pbo, might break other things; easy enough to check).

unfortunately without success. First the application freezes in the mission. Second try I could start the mission but NVG still does not work with scopes. Always had an error message.

Also take a look at the Warmod series - .........

Yes Ive already tried this interesting Mod!! ...but I always get error messages before Play withSIX finishes the download.

WACOIBP.png

4JQ7ZNQ.png

yesterday there was an PWS-Update. Since them the error changed to this:

A6deQJ5.png

hVCpwNN.png

I have already tried:

-starting PWS as admin

-deleting the mod and download the pack again

-repair with the PWS-diagnose-button

-disabling anti-virus-program

-set manually the whole folder incl. subfolders to writable

-reinstalled PWS

-sending a lot of error reports ;)

strange. I know there is a manual way... creating folders etc... but its complex at the COWarACE-Mod because of the need for deleting and replacing a lot of files... I will try it in the next days. All other mods works perfectly with PWS.

Any ideas?

btw, here are some screenshots at A2-night-missions without NVG after waiting some minutes. Its not playable for me:)

Its from the Co02 Widow's Pik-mission, I was standing in the field with some single trees around me... I dont manipulate the gamma etc... whatever. In this area there are opponents waiting for me. they always see me first;)

gnXPORx.jpg

HgT8MjN.jpg

Edited by Knaller

PwS seems to be a bit broken currently.

Download from Armaholic, that works fine. Actually it's rather easy to set up, though I understand you're relatively new to ArmA; so have a look at Guenter's warmod site (link in his sig) there's details on the site in addition to those in the BI thread. Each download (main mod & patches) contains detailed installation instructions as well as extensive documentation.

After a lot of testing the whole Mod-Compilation CoWarModACE (its a great mod, I will use some parts):

unfortunately I didnt find a possibility to reactivate the NVG at A2-Rifle-Scopes for COOP-A2-scenario-gameplay at Combined Forces

I dont have further ideas:(

@Orcinus, many thanks for your effort!