Sign in to follow this  
chief_wiggum

Delete ArmA3-Tools and P-Drive completely?

Hey,

as my buldozer doesn't wants to stop spamming me with errors, i would like to reinstall the tools and P-drive.

But when i deinstall the tools in steam and install them again, my p-drive is still like it was before, meaning that my project folders and stuff are still in there.

Does anybody know, how to set it all to zero again? I want my p-drive to be like it was at day1!

Thanks ahead,

~Chief

Look right at the very bottom of This Page

To remove all data added by DevP, Open command prompt in your Arma 3 Tools directory and enter

DevP.bat -clearInstall

Then in steam uninstall Steam Tools, then navigate to where ArmA Tools was installed and delete the remaining folder, then start again :)

Thanks m8!

Unfortunately my buldozer is still fu**ed up.

I'll wait for the next update.

Are you getting a permission error when running arma3P ?

My problem is this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?189749-Buldozer-doesn-t-start&p=2898249#post2898249

As you can see in my second post, i managed to fix it by setting up the buldozer manually, but this only works until i close the buldozer again.

And i don't want to set up my buldozer each time, i've closed it.

:/

I've never had that problem, TB has always managed to launch BD without issues, good luck finding a fix :)

I used to have all kinds of errors with Buldozer that just straight up wouldn't be resolved no matter what I did. Last weekend I decided to give Mikero's Arma3p tool a try and that actually solved all my issues with my P drive and Buldozer.

What you need:

What you need to do:

1. Install all 4 files above (exe installers).
  2. Run Arma 3 Tools. Mount the P drive.
  3. Move any mods you are currently working on off your P drive and to a different location or THEY WILL BE DELETED.
  4. Go to Start > All Programs > Mikero > DePBOTools> Arma3p and run the Arma3p batch file.
  5. Type Y and hit enter and then wait for 20-30 minutes for the tool to delete and repair your P drive. It'll configure Buldozer to run exactly as it's needed, something I never managed to do correctly.

That's it! Go to your P drive, look in the A3 folder and you'll see a bunch of stock Arma 3 stuff there that you can experiment with for practice.

Man, that's rough times. Best of luck solving this.

Hello,

I updated the documentation with some basics about the uninstall process. Fact is the default behavior (and expected) of Steam is not to delete the user files and folders, therefore, even when uninstalled, some files and directories could remain in the installation directory and in case of need, must be deleted manually.

Sorry to hijack your thread but i am looking for the exact same thing and thought instead of posting a new thread with the same title i'd just post in here. I installed everything in order, used mikeros tools and set everything up and it all worked fine then a few days later, i fired it up for the second time an its just not working (getting the steam_appid.txt and config.bin errors) and then object builder just crashes if i try and load something. I'm looking to get a completely new install of the tools and p: driver but everytime i delete everything and reinstall its all the same and remembers my settings.

Short of reinstalling windows which is far to extreme just get some arma tools working i don't know what to do. For some reason the command prompt commands just refused to work for me, even with the p: drive mounted it said it didn't exist.

I have these problem back then, but sorry for no screenshot. And I got a workaround thats very simple and might work for you also.

it seems openAL audio driver (buldozer native audio driver) messed up with my MSI's nahimic software. uninstalled the nahimic and there no more error in buldozer.

First you need to Uninstall the tools from steam. 

second go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common 

and delete Arma 3 tools folders