Sign in to follow this  
rekkless

Would BI consider bringing over some elements from DayZ?

So there are a few things from DayZ that I think would be easy to port over and use in ArmA 3 to make it more immersive.

The easiest thing would be the rain effects. In DayZ actually seeing the rain drops land and splash is very cool. In ArmA there is zero effect for rain except the sound and rain drops then they vanish when they hit the ground. This is kind of silly and frankly it would have been ok in 2005 not 2015.

Also how would people feel about bringing over the DayZ medical system or at least some it. It doesn't take a genious to see the sucess of medical mods like AGM, CSE or even the old XMedSys. ArmA 3 is supposed to be a simulator yet it has a Doom Deathmatch medical system and with so many servers either using AGM or CSE you can see the community would like something a little more 'real' in their simulator. It would be great to see some of DayZ's medical system ported over to ArmA 3.

I would also be good to have by default in all missions including user generated ones to have the option to lock 1st person, remove all map markers including player location. Rather than having to code it is manually each and every mission you make.

So you think that changing items (weapons) while moving is not important to transport into ARMAs?

ArmA 3 is supposed to be a simulator
No, it's not supposed to be a simulator. It's 'military sandbox' according to BI's own words.
I would also be good to have by default in all missions including user generated ones to have the option to lock 1st person, remove all map markers including player location. Rather than having to code it is manually each and every mission you make.
Those things are disabled through Arma's difficulty setting, there is no need to disable manually in each mission through scripting. Edited by Semiconductor

So you think that changing items (weapons) while moving is not important to transport into ARMAs?

Well yeah I think it could be done easily in Arma because the animation feels very Arma. If you move and you change the weapon, you need to finnish the animation before the character stops. If you aren't moving you need to wait for the animation to finnish so you can move again. It's not that great if you haven't tested it.

There been some things i liked in Dayz SA - like the magazine proxy , then there is "Proxy in Proxy" that can make the Pistol Holsters work (notice the Zubr in the holster),

also Bolt action/Pump action animations and more animation sources

Edited by RobertHammer

Well if I'm honest I didn't even think of the proxy in proxy like with gun holsters or moving while changing weapons. So yeah add them to the list.

As far as teh difficulty goes if you make it Veteran doesn't that also raise the skill level of the AI? They are already good enough shots on normal difficulty without making them all marksman with iron sights.

As far as teh difficulty goes if you make it Veteran doesn't that also raise the skill level of the AI? They are already good enough shots on normal difficulty without making them all marksman with iron sights.
No. Take a look at difficulty tab at game settings, you can contol AI's accuracy and its general skill independently from other parameters. You can even play at Elite with AI accuracy set to almost 0% if you like. :) Edited by Semiconductor

Only major aspect of dayz I would consider vital to bring over is indeed the medical system at the very least bleeding.

Hopefully any Medical improvements made in Dayz in the final game could be brought over to Arma 3.

Yes! Please have a unit RUNNING with a PISTOL/revolver NOT hold the pistol with both hands. Holy shit. That looks so rediculous and unreal. Arma II did it right. Why the heck won't it be changed in Arma III eventually? For WALKING in a ready-to-fire-posture it is ok to hold a pistol with two hands. But not for running. Try it yourself, even if only with an item about the size and weight of a pistol. Try to RUN while holding it with BOTH hands. Rediculous, arcadish nonsense.

Wait for DLCs/Expansions, 50% of ARMA3 seems to be a placeholder...

Yes! Please have a unit RUNNING with a PISTOL/revolver NOT hold the pistol with both hands. Holy shit. That looks so rediculous and unreal. Arma II did it right. Why the heck won't it be changed in Arma III eventually? For WALKING in a ready-to-fire-posture it is ok to hold a pistol with two hands. But not for running. Try it yourself, even if only with an item about the size and weight of a pistol. Try to RUN while holding it with BOTH hands. Rediculous, arcadish nonsense.

I tried this but the batteries fell out of my Dil.. I mean Flashlight !!

No, it's not supposed to be a simulator. It's 'military sandbox' according to BI's own words.

From the ArmA 2 website: "ArmA III: the latest installment of the tactical military simulation"

*Waits for a dev to swing by the Arma 2 Web site with a big marker and "SANDBOX​" stencil...*

*Waits for a dev to swing by the Arma 2 Web site with a big marker and "SANDBOX​" stencil...*

Haha I am too. I pointed it out in another thread a few months ago too and I was surprised to see that it is still there today.

It makes more sense if one imagines that the site (like the game itself) has probably generally been "moved on from" by Bohemia.

I'd love to see Chernarus+ in A3 above all else - I wouldn't even mind paying for it as an additional DLC to be completely honest