Sign in to follow this  
Chairborne

Arma 2 BRDM-2/BTR-60PB Port

http://i.imgur.com/3Wk3Od7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SFC1y9l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/K878bKt.jpg

Description:

This mod adds the BRDM-2, BRDM-2UM, BRDM-2 Konkurs and BTR-60PB for different factions to the game.

Vehicles for East Germany have appropriate names (SPW-40P2 for BRDM, SPW-60PB for BTR).

The two vehicles (brdm/btr60) should work independently, meaning that if you only want one you can delete the other PBO and it should still work just fine.

The crewmen are guerrilla soldiers as they would fit better than standard CSAT Starship Troopers.

Have a nice day!

Known Problems:

BRDM physx would deserve a bit more work on physx.

If you make sharp turns when driving too fast the vehicle will roll over.

Credits

A HUGE THANK YOU TO THE WHOLE BIS COMMUNITY

Without you i would've never been able to do this.

Also:

BIS - Original Arma 2 sample model

Chairborne - Port, config, etc...

DISCLAIMER

For personal use only. Do not edit without permission. I claim no responsibility for any damages this addon may cause, use at your own risk.

Released under Arma Public License - read here for more information: http://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses/arma-public-license

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/34z1z0fqau0xuff/%40Cha_BtrBrdm.rar?dl=0

Changelog

V0.1 - 13/03/2015

- Initial Release

CLASSLIST

==================================================

Cha_BRDM2_TK

Cha_BRDM2_ATGM_TK

Cha_BRDM2_HQ_TK

Cha_BRDM2_CDF

Cha_BRDM2_ATGM_CDF

Cha_BRDM2_HQ_CDF

Cha_BRDM2_ChDKZ

Cha_BRDM2_ATGM_ChDKZ

Cha_BRDM2_HQ_ChDKZ

Cha_BRDM2_SLA

Cha_BRDM2_ATGM_SLA

Cha_BRDM2_HQ_SLA

Cha_BRDM2_Cuba

Cha_BRDM2_ATGM_Cuba

Cha_BRDM2_HQ_Cuba

Cha_BRDM2_DDR

Cha_BRDM2_ATGM_DDR

Cha_BRDM2_HQ_DDR

Cha_BRDM2_Sov

Cha_BRDM2_ATGM_Sov

Cha_BRDM2_HQ_Sov

Cha_BRDM2_UNO

Cha_BRDM2_HQ_UNO

Cha_BTR60_TK

Cha_BTR60_DDR

Cha_BTR60_UNO

Cha_BTR60_URRS

Cha_BTR60_CDF

Cha_BTR60_Cuba

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice work!

Known Issues

If you make sharp turns when driving too fast the vehicle will roll over.

Sounds like a feature to me :D

Yes... a feature!!! :cool: Ahah

@Foxhound: thank you!

Excellent , I will download your job later although I already got RHS which include these vehicles.

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Chairborne;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thank you for excellent mod, could you make optional pbo compatible with RHS damage system?

I have no clue how RHS works, could you provide some some documentation about it please?

@Nikiforos: i know, rhs has a lot of stuff, but this is no reason not to make my own version and have what i like in the game. Take a look at all the mods that have already been made, if one was to follow what you said no one would bother making mods anymore because someone else got there first. :)

Thank you for excellent mod, could you make optional pbo compatible with RHS damage system?

sorry, out of my own curiosity, why would you need optional compatible pbo with RHS damage system for a vehicle (BTR60) that is already included in RHS?

@chairborne: gj on the release

Edited by PuFu

If all goes as planned, Chairborne--and any other mod-maker--will be able to make their vehicles and weapons compatible with the RHS armor & penetration system once we release the new version of RAM.

That being said, IMHO modders working on these types of vehicles should seriously consider working with either RHS, or CUP, or both. I don't think it makes sense to have, say, a dozen M1 Abrams mods... but maybe that's just me.

Regardless, much respect for the work that has gone into these. I have a soft-spot for the BRDM. :)

Edited by Olds

The thing is, i run my own community and i find it a nightmare to get other people's mods to work together.

Everything at some point started requiring other HUGE mods (in which we had no interest) to work.

You want Leight's opfor? You need the whole RHS and a bunch of other stuff.

You want Reyhard's tanks? You need RHS too.

You want some skin pack from Massi? You also need the library of vehicles and weapons he made for his own units.

You want this other unit reskin? You need all HLC weapon packs, plus this vehicle mod and that other vehicle mod.

Then CUP weapons came out and everyone started using them as well so you end up needing CUP weapons, RHS escalation and a bunch of other stuff just for a couple units you like.

Also sometimes mods are simply incompatible with each other because they do similar things in their own way and they don't mix well together.

These are just quick dependancy examples that come to mind, i have nothing personal against them. :)

I make my mods this way because i don't like to force people to use another 3Gb of mods when all they need is a single vehicle (or a single weapon).

I know i don't want this for my community so i imagine others are in the same situation and appreciate having independent mods too.

I know my small mods are overshadowed by far by bigger projects but this isn't a market where we're fighting for monopoly.

Edited by Chairborne

I make my mods this way because i don't like to force people to use another 3Gb of mods when all they need is a single vehicle (or a single weapon).

I know i don't want this for my community so i imagine others are in the same situation and appreciate having independent mods too.

I personally understand you point of view. In fact in my community we also try to keep requirements to the minimum. I have never been much fan of mods / addons that require third party ones ( I mean sometimes one or two may be justified ).

I know my small mods are overshadowed by far by bigger projects this isn't a market where we're fighting for monopoly.

IMHO all mods / addons, big and small, have their own space inside the Armaverse. Every player and community have different priorities and tastes, so the more the merrier.

In any case a lot of respect for your fine work. Keep it up :)

@Nikiforos: i know, rhs has a lot of stuff, but this is no reason not to make my own version and have what i like in the game. Take a look at all the mods that have already been made, if one was to follow what you said no one would bother making mods anymore because someone else got there first. :)

First of all I must say that I like all of your mods and all of them are quality. I think you misunderstood me , I like that keep you keep your mods independent from other mods.

Lav25 is my personal favourite :)

I personally understand you point of view. In fact in my community we also try to keep requirements to the minimum. I have never been much fan of mods / addons that require third party ones ( I mean sometimes one or two may be justified ).

IMHO all mods / addons, big and small, have their own space inside the Armaverse. Every player and community have different priorities and tastes, so the more the merrier.

In any case a lot of respect for your fine work. Keep it up :)

Thanks, same goes for you.

I remember reading your team even got credited in one of the last sitreps for FFV functionalities.

First of all I must say that I like all of your mods and all of them are quality. I think you misunderstood me , I like that keep you keep your mods independent from other mods.

Lav25 is my personal favourite :)

I see, i didn't mean to sound off as rude in case you got this impression.

Happy you like it. :)

I have no clue how RHS works, could you provide some some documentation about it please?

Sorry, have no idea either. Will inform you if find any document/manual.

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

sorry, out of my own curiosity, why would you need optional compatible pbo with RHS damage system for a vehicle (BTR60) that is already included in RHS?

@chairborne: gj on the release

Because this mod contains many various skins for btr60 which are very fun to make missions with.

I noticed the UN re textures and thought of something, if you could do a M113 port that would be cool, including the M113 UN and UN Medical. Just some thoughts, great work on the pack! :)

Nice port as always buddy. Shame you have to defend (and explain yourself) for releasing content. Anywho, keep em coming :)