voiper

Little Immersion Tweaks - Spice Up Arma 3's Night Life

A feature request: Should be possible to add a small lightsource attached to the player when flashlight is used on map, this would make it possible for other units to detect him

this could really be usefull in pvp to force people to conform to strict sound/light usage

Definitely not intended. Which display resolutions are you guys using?

1680*1050

A feature request: Should be possible to add a small lightsource attached to the player when flashlight is used on map, this would make it possible for other units to detect him

this could really be usefull in pvp to force people to conform to strict sound/light usage

While reading through the page once again I had this exact same idea, and also I remembered that this already exists in ArmA 2 ACE, afaik.

Although in real life you can cover yourself with a blanket or a rain coat, w/e, when checking a map/orders and since I have no idea how one would simulate that into ArmA 3, the best thing to do in case this feature gets implemented would be making this feature modular (changing a single variable for instance).

Personally I like the map flashlight feature a lot but a lightsource when using the map appeals less to me, for reasons such as the blanket-example mentioned above.

Toggle-able/modular things are always great though.

Also, I know that this script is advertised with no addons required, but any way to place this into an addon? I'd love to add it to my group's mod collection.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Although in real life you can cover yourself with a blanket or a rain coat, w/e, when checking a map/orders

true, this might be more suitable in an addon, ie have objects "raincoat" in inventory, no light will be produced...

nice job. reminds me of the features in SLX for arma 2 i think it was.

Same problem with those lines. (in v1.0 anyway, guessing v1.1 is same though, not dl'd yet)

Mine: 1920x1080

Its the whole screen resolution thing. SafeZone stuff, which drives me mad as well. Ugh! I ended up changing one value to get those lines to be minimal. No biggie. But it would really be great to get that fixed. What if you just used a single large .paa image instead of the tiles & code? Anyway, great work man! Going to dl when I get home and check out the new Red Light option. Yah!

One more tweaking advice: I guess the moonintensity * 0.4 is too much. I don't think you can read a map this well even on a bright fullmoon night. I put 0.1 there for myself.

1680*1050 and getting the white line as well.

Re: White/black lines:

It's related to how to the engine calculates the 2D viewport size (if either of the dimensions are not round numbers, you get problems). Hold tight. I'm working on the solution.

i.imgur. com/ PlY8mYq. png (remove spaces :/)

Yeah I dont know what to do....

just wanted to drop by to say that you and your "addon" are awesome. keep it up!

Hi Voiper, sorry wrong name :o What do you think about an option for automating the light once map is opened, I was thinking some people who download missions using this may not understand what's going when opening the map.

Also I like the NVG effect but feel the white noise becomes a little irritating or doesn't feel 'natural', as if I know ive never worn any! but is it possible to add like a 50% alpha transparency too it so it's more subtle?

Anyway great work, and the map light at least is one of those mods that could be added to the default game imo.

Edited by Katipo66
Wrong person

Re: White/black lines:

It's related to how to the engine calculates the 2D viewport size (if either of the dimensions are not round numbers, you get problems). Hold tight. I'm working on the solution.

Fixed for next update (release will come soon... promise).

i.imgur. com/ PlY8mYq. png (remove spaces :/)

Yeah I dont know what to do....

It's caused by the map you're playing on ("mapSize" not defined in cfgWorlds). Which map is it?

If you find a map that the flashlight does not work on, let me know, and I will include a support fix for it in a future update.

v1.2 released.

Let me know if you still see white/black lines.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

No white lines for me!

Great, thanks - still loving it. :)

This might be obvious to most, but how would one use the input array to modify the useage?

I really wish the Respawn parameter was just left off, most of us cover that part of things when we create missions in the first place. My whining aside, this is a great mission side script, good job.

This might be obvious to most, but how would one use the input array to modify the useage?

I really wish the Respawn parameter was just left off, most of us cover that part of things when we create missions in the first place. My whining aside, this is a great mission side script, good job.

When exec'ing vip_lit_init.sqf:

0: Bool (optional); whether player can respawn during mission; default false (it's a good idea to set this to false if you use a spectator script).

Example (leaving the other parameters default):

[0] execVM "vip_lit\vip_lit_init.sqf";

Fixed for next update (release will come soon... promise).

It's caused by the map you're playing on ("mapSize" not defined in cfgWorlds). Which map is it?

If you find a map that the flashlight does not work on, let me know, and I will include a support fix for it in a future update.

MCN Hazar-kot Valley. But i've also tried it on Altas and it didnt work, im just gonna muck around with the cfgWorlds now

When exec'ing vip_lit_init.sqf:

0: Bool (optional); whether player can respawn during mission; default false (it's a good idea to set this to false if you use a spectator script).

Example (leaving the other parameters default):

[0] execVM "vip_lit\vip_lit_init.sqf";

Thank you for your answer, but I want to clarify to avoid confusion (and anyone else's).. As often as I have dealt with arrays, I've never used them in a case like this,..

So using your example, I would assume this:

[0,1,0,1,] execVM "vip_lit\vip_lit_init.sqf";

Means:

No Respawn, Hide the "show player Button", Keep the texture button, large Flashlight size.. correct?

BTW, I got to watch the new video, the glowstick effect is impressive, really great work!

Means: Can not respawn, remove "show player on map" button, Keep texture Button on map, Large Flashlight size, and the rest as default....

So using your example, I would assume this:

[0,1,0,1,] execVM "vip_lit\vip_lit_init.sqf";

Means:

No Respawn, Hide the "show player Button", Keep the texture button, large Flashlight size.. correct?

BTW, I got to watch the new video, the glowstick effect is impressive, really great work!

Means: Can not respawn, remove "show player on map" button, Keep texture Button on map, Large Flashlight size, and the rest as default....

I misspoke (derp). Most of the elements are boolean (true/false). The fourth element of the array must be itself an array (first element being whether to have a flashlight, second being which size). Also, it's a good idea to avoid trailing commas. So for your example you need to use:

[false,true,false,[true,1]] execVM "vip_lit\vip_lit_init.sqf";

Edited by voiper

Am I correct in saying that the Respawn parameter just stops people from using the respawn button when they press Esc. It dose not affect respawn = 3 or any other respawn type?

1.2 Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Some of our guys were asking if it would be possible to make it so when you use the map light, it illuminates the player slightly with a red glow.

Edited by R-o-x
another feature