Sign in to follow this  
nihilistxxx

CAS (Bombing run) bug?

Hello.

I would like to ask, about CAS support provider. I'am making a mission with infantry and A-164 as a support provider on Altis map and when I order the airstrike sometimes the plane manages to execute to mission but allmost every time it can't bomb the target, but the target stays there and the plane keeps circling around the target forever, and is unable to do anything else anymore Is there anyway to cancel/abort CAS mission? I don't know is this a bug in game or what?

help would be appreciated...

You need to lase the target with the laser designator I believe, as it comes in to target the laser.

Even when you lase the target, the CAS sometimes has difficult / finds it impossible to line up an attack path to deploy its weapons. This might be worse if the CAS is being shot at, but I'm not sure. Not really a bug, more like weak flying AI. I hope it will be improved at one time.

If the CAS NEVER engages your target you might want to move the CAS and target to another position and check you are using the right weapons and actions that go with, so lase the target if you select laser guided bombs.