Sign in to follow this  
mjmfighter

Arma3Profile on Linux server

I have been trying to get a Arma3Profile setup on our server for the past few days with no success. I have tried putting the Arma3Profile file in many different places but none of them seem to be working. We are currently running Debian 7. Here is my startup line:

./arma3server -netlog -profiles=profile -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -maxMem=2048 -port=2302 -maxplayers=70 -exThreads=7 -name=ggc 

I have tried putting ggc.Arma3Profile into the following directories:

<armahome>/

<armahome>/profile

<armahome>/profile/gcc

<armahome>/gcc

None have worked and there does not seem to be a definitive answer out there of where this file needs to be located on a linux server. Does anyone know where it should go? Here is my Arma3Profile file as well just in case its something wrong in it:

class Difficulties
{
class regular
{
	class Flags
	{
		Armor=1;		// Gives you improved body armor, tank armor etc

FriendlyTag=0;		// Displays information on friendly units. ONLY WORKS WITH 'Weaponcursor=0', eg crosshair on.
		EnemyTag=0;		// Displays information on enemy units

HUD=1;			// Shows you leaders location and your position in formation
		HUDPerm=1;		// Shows HUD permanently

HUDWp=1;		// Shows Waypoints right after they're ordered to you
		HUDWpPerm=1;		// Shows Waypoints permanently

WeaponCursor=1;		// Shows the crosshair for your weapon
		AutoAim=1;		// Enables auto aim when you're not looking through your weapon's scope. Also works with crosshair off
		AutoGuideAT=1;		// AT missiles will be automatically guided to their target. If 0, player has to lock onto the target.

3rdPersonView=1;	// This turns 3rd(third) person view and group leader view on or off. Please never talk of this as "3D view" - ArmA is not an arcade game !
		ClockIndicator=1;	// Displays the clock indicator on the left of your screen when giving/receiving orders like "At 11 o'clock, eemy man at 200 meters"
		Map=1;			// Shows symbols for all objects known to your gruop on the map. This will NOT disable the map itself !
		Tracers=1;		// Displays tracers even of small arms that in real life would not have tracers

AutoSpot=1;		// If you're close enough to an enemy, you'll report it without right-clicking
		UltraAI=0;		// Enables some kind of super AI that hears and sses more and has better tactics. This is for both friendly and enemy sides.

UnlimitedSaves=1;	// Enables saing permanently. For single player missions. But you then can only load the last save state.

DeathMessages=1;	// (1.09 and later) Displays "XXX was killed by YYY" messages in multiplayer
		NetStats=0;		// (1.09 and later) Enables the scoreboard functionality in MP
		VonID=1;		// (1.09 and later) When using VoN, display the name of the player speaking.
	}
}
}

Any and all help is appreciated.

None have worked and there does not seem to be a definitive answer out there of where this file needs to be located on a linux server. Does anyone know where it should go? Here is my Arma3Profile file as well just in case its something wrong in it:

The -profiles flag on Linux servers does not work. Instead the server creates the profiles under a "Windows" type directory in the user's home folder.

Check out the directory /home/<user>/.local/share/Arma 3 - Other Profiles\gcc

Per default the server creates a player.arma3profile, that's the file you need to replace / change

Been playing around with Linux and hope this helps someone.

About that /home/<user>/.local/share/Arma 3 - Other Profiles\

Annoying to CD into it. I had to type: cd Arma\ 3\ -*

Hate to bump a topic, but I have created an Arma 3 Epoch server and I CANNOT (a little frustration there) find (as this post is asking for) where the <whatever>.arma3profile is supposed to go. In the above posts they are implying theres some sort of .local directory but there is not. Soooo.... Where does this file belong?