church

Predator C "Avenger" Jet-Powered UAV - Work in progress

Hmm! "Apex Mods", sounds like we gonna get more HQ mods coming into arma in the future :D. Keep up the good work!

Hmm! "Apex Mods", sounds like we gonna get more HQ mods coming into arma in the future :D. Keep up the good work!

Oh, you've only seen the beginning of us. I assure you =)

Here's a peak at some work Kiory did today on the bomb releasing mechanism. NOTE: The amount of mechanisms will be adjusted, don't expect there to always be a bunch of mechanisms in the center bomb bay =P

Also, here's a first look at our possible UAV configurations!

1_2.jpg

3_2.jpg

2_2.jpg

Drakon%20Heavy%20Loadout%20Graphic.jpg

Drakon%20Stealth%20Loadout%20Graphic.jpg

Drakon%20Laser%20Loadout%20Graphic.jpg

Nope! This is not the USAF mod Global Hawk. The global hawk is much bigger and global hawk has bigger bump on it's tail and actual "tail rotors" (not quite tail rotors) but big wide engines in the tail. Great mod so far! It will be fun. Global hawk in Recon missions is pretty well spotten and mission is compromised compared to this it will be quite, fast, and not easily seen in the night. Can't wait! Nice job, keep up the good work.

Looking amazing. After seeing some past streams, I have one question though..

Seeing that it is being modeled at some insane polycounts (12M +) How do you get that down to a reasonable amount when it comes to ArmA?

ArmA isnt exactly known to support super high polycounts, with proxys you can get quite alot over the 30k limit obviously, but 12M seems insane..

Superhigh poly then bake that to a texture and do a basic model under that or something to keep as much detail as possible?

Basically, I will be baking all this lovely detail on to a low poly model, using a projection cage covering the low poly and high poly models.

Kiory worked on the Hellfire missiles today! Also, he put together the rail system which will be attached to the hardpoints.

2_3.jpg

1_3.jpg

3_3.jpg

16 hellfires and 6 SDBs in one load? O_o

well, as someone here said, there goes my chance of flying anything else...

can't wait for the laser version i allways wanted to shoot some enemys the feets away with a big pew pew lazer

We'll be revealing some really exciting news soon! More collaborations to make this UAV as incredible as possible! Stay tuned!

Kiory finished up the Hellfire launchers and began work on the Laser today!

3_4.jpg

2_4.jpg

1_4.jpg

With this mod will there be any touch ups on the UAV terminal, thus more altitude control, speed control, and such. I ask since this I bet will be going faster then normal UAVs, thus the time spent able to view targets below is reduced when patrolling and also made harder when orbiting.

other the that question I want this mod now, because I really like the UAVs in the game. Just think they need a bit better AI, since i've had greyhawks fly straight into the ground after i say fly to 2km and orbit at 1.5km

How about locking camera to target? Will this be a feature for this mod?

Any updates on progress?

Hey rlex don't ask for updates brother its against forum rules

Looks very cool. *goes to shop* "can I get it?" nope. XD This will be the next gen of UAVs now terrorists in the middle-east r gonna get shreked :D

Hey rlex don't ask for updates brother its against forum rules

thought it only applies to mod updates, not progress. Well, the more you know...

thought it only applies to mod updates, not progress. Well, the more you know...

Perhaps take time to read the following rule:

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Posting "any news" or "is it out yet" type posts are also spam. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, Post Restriction and/or formal warning.

Hey all! Sorry for the silence! The Mod is still under way and it's going to be great! We're still working on the actual technical aspects of the drone before we wrap up the model but we'd like to have the first version available to the public by early May! Can't wait for you guys to see it!

Hey all! Sorry for the silence! The Mod is still under way and it's going to be great! We're still working on the actual technical aspects of the drone before we wrap up the model but we'd like to have the first version available to the public by early May! Can't wait for you guys to see it!

So perhaps is like 1 and a half weeks time? :3 it does look cool though, not that I took much interests in drones but thats changed my mind. Perhaps this is brainwashing software. XD take your time though brah

Cheers :)

Looks awesome! Are you planning to make SDBs laser-guided or create some custom GPS script?

We've spoken with John_Spartan and Saul (The guys who made the amazing F18 mod) and they've given us permission to use some of their script. So I think we'll use the GPS script they've added. We're not entirely sure yet though, we're in the process of peaking through the files right now.