Sign in to follow this  
J. Rainey

Rainey Gear Modification (RGM)

Absolutely. Lately, I've been so cluttered with school work, preparing for a "mini"cation, so I haven't been able to work on the vest a whole bunch, if any at all. But, it's getting there, I promise :)

Hi Rainey, since you mentioned that you were working on a grenadier version of the JPC, the JPC is not a really big carrier, you wouldn' t be able to put many grenade pouches in addition to the mag pouches etc, have you thought about moddeling a grenade belt? i don' t think i' ever seen an addon with one yet, i think that a grenade belt sitting under the JPC would be cool.

Oh, and don' t try to post updates everyday or things like that it would be suicide. As long as the mod doesn' t die i' m happy.

Hi Rainey, since you mentioned that you were working on a grenadier version of the JPC, the JPC is not a really big carrier, you wouldn' t be able to put many grenade pouches in addition to the mag pouches etc, have you thought about moddeling a grenade belt? i don' t think i' ever seen an addon with one yet, i think that a grenade belt sitting under the JPC would be cool.

Oh, and don' t try to post updates everyday or things like that it would be suicide. As long as the mod doesn' t die i' m happy.

I haven't thought about that until now, and it's actually not a bad idea, because you are completely right, the JPC is a more low profile vest so there isn't a ton of room for grenades/203 shells. Thanks for the idea, I'll look into it. I have some news tha may be coming out soon regarding the mod, but don't expect it to die any time soon at all :)

Sure thing mate. Here' s another thought: If i was you i' d avoid putting the boltcutter on the back panel of the default rifleman version of the vest, i' d make it a separate "breacher" one. Having each and everyone of your riflemen running around with boltcutters might quickly look a bit weird, even if they' re SOF and all.

Edit: Oh and it might be the angle but that glock looks a little small to me.

Edited by Tsark

Sure thing mate. Here' s another thought: If i was you i' d avoid putting the boltcutter on the back panel of the default rifleman version of the vest, i' d make it a separate "breacher" one. Having each and everyone of your riflemen running around with boltcutters might quickly look a bit weird, even if they' re SOF and all.

Edit: Oh and it might be the angle but that glock looks a little small to me.

Thanks for the input on the boltcutters, I may do that but that would make the file of the mod even bigger, and more work for my texture person, but I'll definitely think about it, because you're right, not everyone runs around with a pair of boltcutters. About the Glock, I'm pretty sure it is the angle, but I'll look into that as well.

This mod is NOT dead, I have a lot on my plate right now, with School, relationship problems, etc. So, give me some time, I'll be back but if you don't hear from me in a few days, don't freak out, this mod will not die.

This mod is NOT dead, I have a lot on my plate right now, with School, relationship problems, etc. So, give me some time, I'll be back but if you don't hear from me in a few days, don't freak out, this mod will not die.

Thanks for letting us know!, Good reputation you will have.

School? don't loose focus

Relationship? Buy her a puppy and some flowers... women Like those things... keeps them occupied... for a short amount of time....

Thanks for letting us know!, Good reputation you will have.

School? don't loose focus

Relationship? Buy her a puppy and some flowers... women Like those things... keeps them occupied... for a short amount of time....

Haha, I wish it was as simple as buying her a puppy and flowers, I would have already done that.

*Small Update*

I'm currently trying to get a drawing tablet so that I can start using zbrush to help improve my models, the bad thing is if I do that, I will have to restart my vest which to be honest, I'm not to mad about because I know I can do better. In the mean time, keep giving me ideas!

*Small Update*

I'm currently trying to get a drawing tablet so that I can start using zbrush to help improve my models, the bad thing is if I do that, I will have to restart my vest which to be honest, I'm not to mad about because I know I can do better. In the mean time, keep giving me ideas!

You won't regret it, trust me. I use to do hours of work in photoshop via mouse, but then when I got my Cintiq, it was the greatest thing ever. Love my Wacom and can use it in a wide variety of cool and wacky ways. I'm sure you'll love it just as much for your modeling application. :)

You won't regret it, trust me. I use to do hours of work in photoshop via mouse, but then when I got my Cintiq, it was the greatest thing ever. Love my Wacom and can use it in a wide variety of cool and wacky ways. I'm sure you'll love it just as much for your modeling application. :)

I'm sure I'll lvoe it, it's just finding one that I can afford. I've seen some that are crazy expensive, I don't have a job though.

Yeah, Wacom's are definitely the high end of the price spectrum. I will say though if you can find one of the Cintiq's at a decent price, go for it. I have the 12wx and its still going strong. Maybe keep an eye around ebay for people selling their 12's trying to buy one of the obnoxiously big versions lol.

Haha. The only reason I want one of them is for making models. I'm not big into texturing, I just want to put out a high quality mods for people to use, because there really is a lack of good gear mods, modern gear at least.

If you ever need close in/multiple angle reference photos, measurements, etc, I have access to a lot of different rigs. Crye AVS, JPC, Paraclete HPC's, 6094's, EPC/MBAVs, etc!

Haha. The only reason I want one of them is for making models. I'm not big into texturing, I just want to put out a high quality mods for people to use, because there really is a lack of good gear mods, modern gear at least.

Haha, I wish it was as simple as buying her a puppy and flowers, I would have already done that.

*Small Update*

Little friend don't re-start the model, just import it to zbrush and sculpt details

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

I'm sure I'll lvoe it, it's just finding one that I can afford. I've seen some that are crazy expensive, I don't have a job though.

Wacom Bamboo is good and is less then 150 dollars

If you ever need close in/multiple angle reference photos, measurements, etc, I have access to a lot of different rigs. Crye AVS, JPC, Paraclete HPC's, 6094's, EPC/MBAVs, etc!

I'll probably message you about it soon, because that could definitely help a lot, especially the measurements.

Yet another update, been super sick, still dealing with personal issues, but still, this mod is not dead, I assure you. More news soon, I'll keep this up to date.