Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

Marksmen DLC Weapon Feedback

Tying weight and volume together creates less distinction with some weapons. Why not just separate it into two values so that weapon mass, volume, and the resulting encumbrance can be more accurately represented?

And then what? volume is not the only measure for if something fits into your pocket, the 2 biggest dimensions are just as important. A DMR is likely longer then an LMG. Do you want the devs to write a backpack algorithm that stacks your items in the most optimal manner or what is the end goal?

This would discourage everyone from taking an LMG in certain game modes, because after accounting for the total number of rounds carried, it is the "lighter" option over the DMR or assault rifle.

Are we talking about some competitive tournament game where min-maxing is a thing, or A3?

but don't say that the Mk-1 EMR should have same weight as the Zafir machine gun ...

it just feel wrong

2 values not beeing in balance doesnt mean the entire system is wrong/unusable

2 values not beeing in balance doesnt mean the entire system is wrong/unusable

I didn't said that - i said that the A3 mass can't be always accurate because it combines two different units - volume and weight

An abstraction per definition omits details, therefore is always less accurate then the information it abstracts. And my argument is that it's not necessary to have more accuracy. It's only necessary that the items are sufficiently consistent in comparison to each other.

Edited by Fennek

And then what? volume is not the only measure for if something fits into your pocket, the 2 biggest dimensions are just as important. A DMR is likely longer then an LMG. Do you want the devs to write a backpack algorithm that stacks your items in the most optimal manner or what is the end goal?

Nope, the only thing I'd like is weight and volume as separate characteristics so that encumbrance is only affected by weight, that's all. I don't think that I'm asking for the moon, here.

The MOS scope zeroing was "fixed" today, bringing the minimum zeroing from 100m to 300m, this broke the ASP-1 Kir since the only scope that was actually usable on the ASP-1 Kir was the MOS.

Please change the minimum zeroing on a marksman scope that fits with the color scheme of the ASP-1 Kir and fix this bug so we can actually use the new weapons added in the DLC.

02-04-2015

DATA
Fixed: Adjusted minimal zeroing of MOS

Edited by Elememental

The MOS scope zeroing was "fixed" today, bringing the minimum zeroing from 100m to 300m, this broke the ASP-1 Kir since the only scope that was actually usable on the ASP-1 Kir was the MOS.

Please change the minimum zeroing on a marksman scope that fits with the color scheme of the ASP-1 Kir and fix this so we can actually use the new weapons added in the DLC.

02-04-2015

DATA
Fixed: Adjusted minimal zeroing of MOS

I completely agrees with what Elememental said here.

I think the "MOS" scope was perfect as it was. If anything, it should be have the maximum zero to 300m not minimum.

Anyone else having issues with TrackIR and the new scoped sniper rifles (probably affect older to but did not test) in 1.43.130.72? The problem is that now TrackIR is still active when looking thru the scope.

/KC

Anyone else having issues with TrackIR and the new scoped sniper rifles (probably affect older to but did not test) in 1.43.130.72? The problem is that now TrackIR is still active when looking thru the scope.

/KC

Your not the only one, there are still issues with TrackIR and deployment as well.

On another note, are we ever going to see a two handed walking animation, as it looks super silly holding a heavy arse MMG with one hand, who on earth would do that? I know i would be holding it with two hands. Anyone else think it needs to change?

Your not the only one, there are still issues with TrackIR and deployment as well.

On another note, are we ever going to see a two handed walking animation, as it looks super silly holding a heavy arse MMG with one hand, who on earth would do that? I know i would be holding it with two hands. Anyone else think it needs to change?

Not only that, you would have carry it on the shoulders

2c4babfa1ef10cbb5e513e5bae1c82ae.jpg

or slinged without holding the pistol grip to ease the burden.

hires_100612-A-1619C-191.jpg

Edited by enex

Not only that, you would have carry it on the shoulders

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2c/4b/ab/2c4babfa1ef10cbb5e513e5bae1c82ae.jpg

or slinged without holding the pistol grip to ease the burden.

http://www.defense.gov/dodcmsshare/newsphoto/2010-06/hires_100612-A-1619C-191.jpg

defintley would be good, espeiclaly wiht the new heavier mmgs. something ive always wanted to see.

You know, one of my very first suggestions for Arma 3 when I saw the reveal years ago was to have a mix of the one handed and the old arma 2 two handed lowered weapon animations.

And how do you make those positions properly work with the stance system? That's a lot you ask for quite honestly, it would be pretty difficult to implement that - for little gain.

More then an exhaling cry of implement this in game, take it as inspiration to change one handed swag walk to something more tangible.I remember smookie

wanted the change long time ago but Joris (project lead) didn't really acknowledged it (or got stuck on that never ending list of WIP things) since nothing changed.

I also noticed how lots of people deem animations impossible to do or consider it as little to no gain, however as we can see from bipods, programming animators

at Bohemia are more then capable of tackling this sort of things and community should embrace that instead of being "hard to do" because of arhaic animation engine system.

Edited by enex

And how do you make those positions properly work with the stance system? That's a lot you ask for quite honestly, it would be pretty difficult to implement that - for little gain.

Well, AGM (before it turned into Ace 3) did this. When you walked, both hands stayed on the gun you were holding. Now of course, it's a mod, and the holding animations were as simple as sticking the second hand where ever it's placed on said gun while walking. So essentially, sometimes you'd get the gun looking like he is super flexing his arm on guns with a long grip. Other than that, it was fine, and far better than a Mr.McSwaggins one handed walk with a 230 kg LMG. However, if BIS were to add better two handed walking animations, it's be better than what we have now. I remember in Alpha, it was mixed. Sometimes you'd walk with two hands, sometimes with one.

Mr.McSwaggins one handed walk with a 230 kg LMG

Thats one heavy LMG...I don't think I'd want to meet Mr McSwaggins

a50098f5-594e-4089-9ae7-a79f584b8ac2.jpg

More then an exhaling cry of implement this in game, take it as inspiration to change one handed swag walk to something more tangible.I remember smookie

wanted the change long time ago but Joris (project lead) didn't really acknowledged it (or got stuck on that never ending list of WIP things) since nothing changed.

To be honest, the swag walk grew on me over the years. I was repulsed at first. Now I like it, but would prefer it to stay practical. So I'll echo everyone else and say that it should only apply to certain weapon classes, and then have a two handed walk for larger weapon classes. Maybe even have a mix of one handed and two handed walks for the smaller weapon classes.

I can't figure out how to use remote designators. Are they even working?

Yep they do work. Screenshot

You need to have a UAV Terminal in you inventory. Then you can either hack the remote designator( if it's from the other side) or you can simply connect to it.

To raise and lower the turret you need to assign the keys properly first.

What do you mean? The stance adjust system doesn't apply when the weapon is lowered. It just locks you into normal standing or crouched (obviously, you can't lower your weapon at all while prone). And different walking animations wouldn't apply to crouched walking, since it's a completely separate animation that has both hands on the weapon anyway.

Edit: Or are you referring to enex's suggestion? If so, yeah, the shoulders postition would obviously not make any sense, but the lowered position could perhaps be tweaked to be viable. Probably not necessary, though, when you could just use a regular two handed grip.

Edited by roshnak

BIS. pls dont forget to Update: getDLCs script-command until marksmen release ! ty

Yep they do work. Screenshot

You need to have a UAV Terminal in you inventory. Then you can either hack the remote designator( if it's from the other side) or you can simply connect to it.

To raise and lower the turret you need to assign the keys properly first.

Can you enlighten me on how one would, hack a UAV terminal? I've never got the option to do that before, i know they added it, but could never find out how that feature works.

Can you enlighten me on how one would, hack a UAV terminal? I've never got the option to do that before, i know they added it, but could never find out how that feature works.

I too am interested about this and nobody seems to be able to give a straight answer. From what I gathered, having the uavhacking flag true just means that you can operate another factions terminal, but I don't think the parameter's actually been enabled.

What do you mean? The stance adjust system doesn't apply when the weapon is lowered. It just locks you into normal standing or crouched (obviously, you can't lower your weapon at all while prone). And different walking animations wouldn't apply to crouched walking, since it's a completely separate animation that has both hands on the weapon anyway.

Edit: Or are you referring to enex's suggestion? If so, yeah, the shoulders postition would obviously not make any sense, but the lowered position could perhaps be tweaked to be viable. Probably not necessary, though, when you could just use a regular two handed grip.

Yea i mean the "carry on top of shoulder" stuff... which would basically be another layer ontop. I have nothing against a slightly changed (2 handed)casual walk animation obviously

Do like the new features and the bi-pods work great but i've been stuck in the deployed state. Note I do mean stuck, I couldn't move at all except for aiming the gun. Would be nice if we could have the garage expanded a bit more, like changes for the other vehicles. Like adding bags and gear onto APC like you see in real life or changing the weapon on the armed offroad to say a GMG or launcher. I do love the new weapons, they are great but the SPMG may be a bit to good. Because at 1600 meters I was able to lay down really accurate fire and keep hitting the target. The CSAT MMG I could do the same but not to the same effectiveness. On the note of the MG's I'd love it if the offroads 1 or 2 passages in the back right behind the cab could face forwards and rest their MG or rifle on the roof of the offroad. So you can shoot forwards and have more stability, plus would be a realistic thing to do I mean i'm sure we've all see pictures of this being down before.

Also someone explain to me how the CSAT MMG fires faster in burst mode then it does in full auto, because i can't get my head around that.

Do like the new features and the bi-pods work great but i've been stuck in the deployed state. Note I do mean stuck, I couldn't move at all except for aiming the gun. Would be nice if we could have the garage expanded a bit more, like changes for the other vehicles. Like adding bags and gear onto APC like you see in real life or changing the weapon on the armed offroad to say a GMG or launcher. I do love the new weapons, they are great but the SPMG may be a bit to good. Because at 1600 meters I was able to lay down really accurate fire and keep hitting the target. The CSAT MMG I could do the same but not to the same effectiveness. On the note of the MG's I'd love it if the offroads 1 or 2 passages in the back right behind the cab could face forwards and rest their MG or rifle on the roof of the offroad. So you can shoot forwards and have more stability, plus would be a realistic thing to do I mean i'm sure we've all see pictures of this being down before.

Also someone explain to me how the CSAT MMG fires faster in burst mode then it does in full auto, because i can't get my head around that.

SPMG aka LWMMG is effective up to 1 700m because it uses .338 Norma Magnum rounds and the Navid's (CSAT MMG) Burst mode is a pure fiction which i disliked even in the first testing

more logical and more realistic would be if the Navid had two modes that sets the rate of fire -

, get rid of that
FPDR Edited by RobertHammer