Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

Marksmen DLC Weapon Feedback

MAR-10 needs a faster fire rate, arbitrary limit is silly, stupid even methinks.

You know the real counterpart of Mar-10 is only semi automatic because imagine the fast full auto with .338 recoil - that thing would kick like a mule

maybe thats why BIS wanted a full auto being slow? dunno

You know the real counterpart of Mar-10 is only semi automatic because imagine the fast full auto with .338 recoil - that thing would kick like a mule

maybe thats why BIS wanted a full auto being slow? dunno

Yea, I'm aware of that and the fact that .338 kicks a shit-ton too, I've once zeroed a .338 bolt action hunting rifle, towards the end it was getting pretty unpleasant, of course bolt action kicks harder than a semi-auto but still...

The MAR-10 is semi-auto in-game, but the bolt cycles in slo-mo for some reason, which I think is an unnecessary and arbitrary handicap.

Dunno if it's just me. But for a Semi-Automatic .338 Rifle, the Mar-10 sounds a bit too... Metallic and not enough... power.

Dunno if it's just me. But for a Semi-Automatic .338 Rifle, the Mar-10 sounds a bit too... Metallic and not enough... power.

I agree, the .338 is a powerful round which the current sound does not represent too well.

Instead of capping the fire rate of the Mar-10, they should just make it uncontrollable to fire quickly. In real life, the effect of the recoil from a settled position is one thing, but the effects of recoil on an unsettled position (like you'd just fired and not entirely reset your grip and stance) is even greater. The faster you fire, the more and more uncontrollable the recoil should become.

Yea, I'm aware of that and the fact that .338 kicks a shit-ton too, I've once zeroed a .338 bolt action hunting rifle, towards the end it was getting pretty unpleasant, of course bolt action kicks harder than a semi-auto but still...

The MAR-10 is semi-auto in-game, but the bolt cycles in slo-mo for some reason, which I think is an unnecessary and arbitrary handicap.

Agreed

Oh yes please! that's what I'm talking about right there, subsequent shots are hard to put on target but you can put them down range as fast as you should. Kudos.

You can count me in, just updating my game to the DEV Branch now, then I'll be right in.

Oh my bad , because the first version of Mar-10 had a slow full auto , so i thought they kept that

anyway it's better to just have the semi auto ,but i agree the semi auto reload time is way too slow , it should be something between too fast = too slow

also Cyrus full auto is useless and it should be only semi auto too

Edited by RobertHammer

The MK-1 EMR is currently as heavy as the Cyrus, considerably heavier than other 7.62 rifles. Is that intended?

By the way, the reload animations on the new guns are ridiculously handsome.

Also OUCH

http://imgur.com/Mcbhzzx

Edited by RasdenFasden

The MK-1 EMR is currently as heavy as the Cyrus, considerably heavier than other 7.62 rifles. Is that intended?

I don't think so , EMR should be the lightest from all the new weapons - set the mass to 110

About Mar-10 - ideal semi auto reload time is 0.25 or 0.3 , atm it is 0.5 which is indeed too slow

Edited by RobertHammer

Also, the Mk14 should be heavier than the Mk18 ABR but atm it's lighter.

That depends if it has a wood stock or the composite one - composite is lighter weight than the EBR/ABR's one if it's a wood one then it is heavier

Edited by RobertHammer

I need the name to add ammunition for this gun in the editor. anyone know the name of ammunition for the rifle Mar-10?. No managed to find it in arma3 cfgMagazines.... :mad:

The MK-1 EMR doesn't have more effectiveness than any other 7.62 guns. I just did a test between the MK-1, ABR, and MK-14. Single fire more, targets wearing standard plate carriers, 2 to 1 shots, lucky for 3, even 4 if I hit the rifle in their hands. The MK1 EMR though, is my favorite, due to it's sleekness, it's easy to use Iron sights, light weight, and the ability to choose the Khaki paint, which is one of my favorites now.

Also yes, it should be lighter, the ABR has much more build, and rails. The EMR is smaller, and more compact.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

I need the name to add ammunition for this gun in the editor. anyone know the name of ammunition for the rifle Mar-10?. No managed to find it in arma3 cfgMagazines.... :mad:

"10Rnd_338_Mag" - all other magazine can be found in main weapon config

"10Rnd_338_Mag" - all other magazine can be found in main weapon config

OK, Thank you. :thumb:

Navid : rail attachement glitch through bipods, and optics seems a little bit 'floating' above their rail.

Can anyone confirm if and when BIS will place in IR sniper rifle scopes? The whole idea of a DMR rifle is engagements over a greater distance. But currently the two new scopes implemented as well as the older "sniper" scopes, none had NV or IR capability. I do understand there is the Nightstalker etc but they are not true sniper scopes.

A high magnification "sniper scope" with IR or NV is a bit too much science fiction.

It's not any different than putting a PVS-22 in front of a high magnification scope, so not sure how "science fiction" applies, and as a military science fiction writer, I'm quite sure that combining NVGs with a high magnification optic is simple technology improvement. Did you perchance ask any real world sniper on why they do that? Or is "Science fiction" a good excuse? And current thermal scopes, while bulky, do provide good enough magnification for sniper work, and have been used. So it's not science fiction, it's the natural ability for technology to improve over twenty years (2035) that Arma 3 represents.

As a matter of fact there's a scope available now (2015) that can range, adjust it's aimpoint and also tag and track objects that you designate via an interface (moving and stationary) combining an NV scope with a high magnification (CCD or otherwise) is simple evolution of that tech, not "Science Fiction".

Edited by EricJ