Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

Marksmen DLC Weapon Feedback

That might be it -- while the current damage value might be true to life, the lack of granularity in the injury modelling makes it wrong.

ASP 1 KYr for me has a problem without optics is good, with all optics doesn't hits anything

ASP 1 KYr for me has a problem without optics is good, with all optics doesn't hits anything

It's subsonic so it might not even reach what you are aiming at.

Max range is like 300m.

It's subsonic so it might not even reach what you are aiming at.

Max range is like 300m.

and why without optics works fine?

ACO SMG works fine for me, others I've tested are indeed a bit wonky, maybe I'm just a bad shoot tho.

How many times does this need to be repeated? STEAM DOES NOT SUPPORT EARLY ACCESS TO DLC. Once it is officially released everything will be fine.

Well BIS managed to make a workaround during the Helicopter DLC devbranch voyage, so I was also expecting it to work. But I'm not mad or anything, I can still mess around in virtual arsenal, and

when the time comes I'll get proper access just like everyone else :)

and why without optics works fine?

It works fine with optics, but you have to be good with it. what's happening is when you throw on a scope and aim down sights, your bullet is going to travel over what ever your aiming at. The maximum effective rage of Sub Sonic 12.7X54 is 600 meters. Your scope by default is ranged to 500. So i suggest using back up iron sights for anything in a decently visual range, close, to medium range. Anything father, your going to need to practice getting your ranging on point, else you'll end up ruining a lot of possible surprise kills.

In my opinion it would be a good idea to give the MMGs smaller mags and reduce their inventory size at the same time. Maybe 100 rounds @ 40 for NATO (atm 130 rounds @ 50) and 120 rounds @ 50 for CSAT (atm 150 rounds @ 60). They are very cumbersome right now.

In my opinion it would be a good idea to give the MMGs smaller mags and reduce their inventory size at the same time. Maybe 100 rounds @ 40 for NATO (atm 130 rounds @ 50) and 120 rounds @ 50 for CSAT (atm 150 rounds @ 60). They are very cumbersome right now.

I think you're meant to have an assistant.

Hey, it looks like the DLC-ownership issue is solved. The icon appears now at the bottom of the main menu, and there is no advertisement for "shift+p" anymore.

Thanks!

Or, maybe they could just keep the amount of rounds for each gun that there are in real life, to you know, less balance, more keeping things realistic. Now of course, that's a lot of weight, meaning alot of fatigue, meaning... Some people are going to be complaining about Fatigue again really, REALLY soon.

Yep, I can't wait for all the bitching about how a player cannot run very far with their silenced Nightstalker SPMG carrying a Carryall backpack full of 130rnd boxes and a Titan launcher.

Having said that, unless I'm blind there does not appear to be an infantry class for Assistant Heavy Machinegunner?

Asst. Autorifleman.

Asst. Autorifleman.

Does not carry the SPMG's ammo type. Only 100rnd 6.5mm box.

Soldiers' equipment has been tweaked a bit, and will be implemented soonâ„¢. Including SPMG's mags in Autorifleman's Assistant backpack.

again with ASP 1 KYR you play like Counter strike source ;)

Soldiers' equipment has been tweaked a bit, and will be implemented soonâ„¢. Including SPMG's mags in Autorifleman's Assistant backpack.
So not a separate assistant machinegunner class? Seeing as the SPMG is probably even more meriting of the Asst. Autorifleman than the MX SW (the gap between Zafir and Navid is lesser).

Or, maybe they could just keep the amount of rounds for each gun that there are in real life, to you know, less balance, more keeping things realistic.

Well, the HK-121 uses 7,62mm ammo in 50 round drum mags or 120 round box mags. Atm the vests of the heavy gunners can only carry two additional ammo boxes which leaves a lot of free space but not enough for a third box.

I believe the Cyrus and the MAR-10 are supposed to be comparable weapons for CSAT and NATO respectively, correct?

It seems like the Cyrus is a superior weapon in EVERY WAY. It is lighter, it has more stopping power, it fires faster. Was this done for balancing against the other weapons in the CSAT kit? I feels almost like the MAR-10 was held back to make the Cyrus be a better weapon. I could be missing something though. Keep in mind, I was testing in the worst case scenario, Heavy plate carrier, shooting center mass. The Cyrus did not always take the target down in one shot, but it did feel like I could take a target down in one, depending on where the round landed. The MAR-10 did not seem to have the same stopping power.

I guess it comes down to the fact that the Cyrus is firing a bigger round, but why is it so much lighter?

I believe the Cyrus and the MAR-10 are supposed to be comparable weapons for CSAT and NATO respectively, correct?

It seems like the Cyrus is a superior weapon in EVERY WAY. It is lighter, it has more stopping power, it fires faster. Was this done for balancing against the other weapons in the CSAT kit? I feels almost like the MAR-10 was held back to make the Cyrus be a better weapon. I could be missing something though. Keep in mind, I was testing in the worst case scenario, Heavy plate carrier, shooting center mass. The Cyrus did not always take the target down in one shot, but it did feel like I could take a target down in one, depending on where the round landed. The MAR-10 did not seem to have the same stopping power.

I guess it comes down to the fact that the Cyrus is firing a bigger round, but why is it so much lighter?

The Mar-10 feels like it's Recoil is evened out by some kind of firing system built in. However the Cryus has far more kick and recoil than the Mar-10. However, given the rounds for the .338 don't seem to be as strong as they are in real life, they really need to add in more .338 Ammo Types, preferably Anti Material.

To me it looks more like the MAR-10 is the counterpart of the Kir because both weapons are used by soldiers of the recon group while the Cyrus is used by the CSAT sharpshooter.

MAR-10 is not inferior in every way. One advantage it has is the flatter trajectory of the .338 LM. I would not be surprised if it's effective range was slightly better than that of the Cyrus.

Funny how they chose the lighter bullet the 250 for the sharpshooter ...

ok i guess under heavy size and weight constraints that would be the choice ....

but if accuracy and stopping power are the objective .... the heavier the projectile the better it preforms downrange ...

inertia FTW

yes its slower a bit and its has a smaller dead space but if you are taking the time to deliver a precision shot ,

the less that bullet is under the mercy of the elements , the more of the chance is that its gonna hit

bottom line it would be nice to have the choice of a Lapua Scenar GB528 VLD Load

Edited by Razor6014

MAR-10 needs a faster fire rate, arbitrary limit is silly, stupid even methinks.

i would agree on that. additionally the slow speed of the loading mechanism really makes no sense. would probably even cause jaming in rl