Sign in to follow this  
Aus

Pictures of Australia Island (soon to be released)

Well that's not the spirit, nor a nice thing to say, is it?

Alright then , I have a good feeling about this !!

Better?

Is there any military settlements on the island or training areas

Pine Gap is in, gotta add some trees etc and theres a training/support base in Darwin plus a few small bases around the map. Ive still to add more bases which will be done but it all takes time. I may not have all bases done by the time of release I'll add them as updates. FPS is very good.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/or4qgrvik01bbf0/2014-10-15_00003.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrziuoasevx4mst/2014-11-13_00004.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dtqh15h8kfidwy7/2015-03-14_00001.jpg?dl=0

Started adding street lighting to cities

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q083q4is49lmqwu/2015-03-08_00001.jpg?dl=0

Added

Edited by Aus
added link

Looking good! I'm really curious what it'll be like driving through the Tweed Valley and NSW coastal areas like Yamba and Byron Bay. Haha. :D

HOLY MOLEY! this some some seriously amazing work! wow! please say you have some sort of donation link because when this drops i want to help you in any way i can. Im going to be playing this map non stop!

Have you got a modeler working on a Eucalyptus genus tree pack? I'm honestly not trying to be a prick, but Eucalyptus are a must for an Australia map, given they're the dominate flora in the country.

Love what you've done so far. Looks exciting!

Have you got a modeler working on a Eucalyptus genus tree pack? I'm honestly not trying to be a prick, but Eucalyptus are a must for an Australia map, given they're the dominate flora in the country.

Love what you've done so far. Looks exciting!

I have been looking at sourcing Gum trees, atm we're creating buildings but adding Austalian Flora is definetly on the radar, I will get it done eventually.

I have been looking at sourcing Gum trees, atm we're creating buildings but adding Austalian Flora is definetly on the radar, I will get it done eventually.

Creating buildings?? Thank you mate !!

I guess some buildings are ok from Arma 3 and will suit your map well but having the white Altis houses on the island will not add to the Australian atmospehere.

Island looks great. I hope you manage to make some nice scale cities too. I'd suggest using some colored lighting to make those more lively at night time. Something like Minihattan with Australian specifics would be nice. Also if your time and will would allow, the great ocean road for all open-world racing habits... ;)

This could be a really huge and evolving project.

Edited by noob1

Hello all,m I'm the Modeller for the map. I must say that I'm impressed with the map and I was hapy to share all my models with him and that I have dedicated my free time (that I have) into creating buildings for the Australian map.

I have created buildings such as small and large pubs, poilice stations, bank buildings, prisons, residential houses (spec homes), centrelink, commercial buildings.

I still have lots to do and we still need a bit of time, because I'm studying building design, you can imagine that I spend 40 hours a week studying building design and creating stuff in other programs that in my free time I'm also creating buildings for a video game.

It's quite a heavy workload if you could imagine lol.

Hello all,m I'm the Modeller for the map. I must say that I'm impressed with the map and I was hapy to share all my models with him and that I have dedicated my free time (that I have) into creating buildings for the Australian map.

I have created buildings such as small and large pubs, poilice stations, bank buildings, prisons, residential houses (spec homes), centrelink, commercial buildings.

I still have lots to do and we still need a bit of time, because I'm studying building design, you can imagine that I spend 40 hours a week studying building design and creating stuff in other programs that in my free time I'm also creating buildings for a video game.

Oh sure.. I understand....:torture:

No time for posting get back to work :D

Can i ask few questions?

How many airports will be here? With island THAT big, I can see some use for C-130 and similar big planes from USAF mod :)

How many "big" cities (let's say, something close or bigger pyrgos on altis) are planned? This can be awesome map for insurgency server, giving countless hours to play, even if it will take 30 mins to start...

And... are those custom building enterable?

Good to hear that the FPS is Great.

Ah map of that scale in the Sahelo-Saharian desert for Special Forces desert patrols would be a dream come true for me, i hope that your work will inspire other mapmakers to make bigger maps.

Oh babbyyyy lol, this seems like a great map for an "Australia Life" haha, keep up the good work man! Lovin the pics.

Can i ask few questions?

How many airports will be here? With island THAT big, I can see some use for C-130 and similar big planes from USAF mod :)

How many "big" cities (let's say, something close or bigger pyrgos on altis) are planned? This can be awesome map for insurgency server, giving countless hours to play, even if it will take 30 mins to start...

And... are those custom building enterable?

There are currently 10 large airports, 8 have autolanding facilities and 2 dont. There are 7 largish cities atm moment, there will be 10 once i get around to building cities in Tasmania. Building cities take a huge amount of time and yes the custom buildings are all enterable with some having multiple levels, bank and cop shop etc

There are currently 10 large airports, 8 have autolanding facilities and 2 dont. There are 7 largish cities atm moment, there will be 10 once i get around to building cities in Tasmania. Building cities take a huge amount of time and yes the custom buildings are all enterable with some having multiple levels, bank and cop shop etc

Might be a question with an obvious answer but do the buildings have positions in them? Meaning AI can garrison them?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Might be a question with an obvious answer but do the buildings have positions in them? Meaning AI can garrison them?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I'm not sure mattaust the builder would know.