Sign in to follow this  
ramon_dexter

Vendor script - looking for

Can somebody advise me how to create vendor script? Not only for buying stuff, but also for selling stuff. I'm working on a SP stalker/fallout like story oriented scenario and found a great need for a thing like this. I alerady have a working conversation system by IndeedPete, but can't find a barter system. I found a mod or two with some kind of vendor related stuff, but my skill are simply mediocre, so I cannot decrypt how the vending work in these mods.

I tried to create a script myself, but with zero experince in scripting, it is nearly impossible. I simply just don't know for what to look, or how to use the commands.

I need something like this:

- Two windows, one for player's inventory, one for vendor inventory. The windows should be listBoxes gui (I created gui myself, but don't know how to make it work). Under player's inv. should be button to sell things selecled in player's inv. The same under vendor's inv. Third button should be to close the gui dialog. The gui dialog should be called via action in mousewheel menu.

I know this is not a easy job, but could somebody lend me a helping hand?

so I see your a little in over your head with this. I've got a bit of experience with dialogs and have a basic understanding of how you can jerry rig a custom inventory system.

I was going to build a generic one anyways, I'll post what I end up with in a few hours.

EDIT:

I'm a bit fed up with the game crashing over and over because of outdated information on the biki, resulting in me going trawling through the common config to add non-existant classes that other classes can inherit from - Why this wasn't done on the biki already is anyones guess. I'll work on this over the next few days and will try to finish it when possible.

Edited by austin_medic

@ Austin Medic you are a nice guy. (: If you ever find the time your automatic medic script is great but I can not get the script to work for a medic that is spawn in to your squad after the mission has started. The whole medical management of the game is a very pain in the ass if your a squad leader of large squad however your script helps a lot.

Well, back to my question:

Can anyone tell me, how to at least create something like this using only the simple stuff, like action menu, or radio commands, with listing the items by hint, titletext or sidechat command. I think it won't be that so hard to do - I'm trying to build something myself, but with zero coding skills, it's a long time job.

I can make a mission without the vendors, but I want the vendors for immersion.

@Austin_medic: Have you build up something?

I'm a bit fed up with the game crashing over and over because of outdated information on the biki, resulting in me going trawling through the common config to add non-existant classes that other classes can inherit from - Why this wasn't done on the biki already is anyones guess. I'll work on this over the next few days and will try to finish it when possible.

How dare those community members that invested their time and knowledge for free overlooked some outdated information!

How dare those community members that invested their time and knowledge for free overlooked some outdated information!

lol.

my best guess is they don't know its being done by the community (for free) .

All we can really do is update the wiki anytime we find out-of-date info. If everyone did it whenever they find a mistake, the wiki would be just that much better