Sign in to follow this  
scotg

p3d rvmats not recognized in binarize process

Hi all,

I was previously using Addon Builder to "binarize." It would go ahead and create the pbo, which allowed me to fly the chopper in game. There were issues: the sounds weren't working, and I always got an error message in the editor (upon clicking "preview") regarding the "missing" rvmat. But of course the rvmat does exist and did show up in game, and all the paa textures it calls for did their job well. The only time it didn't load any textures or rvmats was if I forgot to mount my P: drive before working. Since the sounds weren't loading, I decided to switch to pboProject and see if it can tell me why - and to see if I can find out why the editor error message says the rvmat is missing.

I decided to also try using sounds that I know work - the in-game sounds. So I replaced the file path of my sounds with the file path of Blackfoot sounds. In the View Output report, it said it could not find the sounds referenced in the config.cpp. I commented out ALL sound references from the config just to get to the rvmat issue. It didn't really give me much information I didn't already know, besides confirming there is an issue with the p3d file not recognizing the rvmat it calls for. Of course with pboProject, that is a show stopper, and no pbo is made. The same rvmats DO appear in buldozer, and they were showing in game when Addon Builder pushed the model through with "errors".

Here are some other possibly related issues:

- My P: drive shows different content before I mount it.

- In Object Builder, paa files don't display in the viewport, but tga files do.

- In my assets, the file paths called for in the config.cpp and chopper.p3d files go all the way back to the \P:\ drive, whereas the game assets path only goes back to the a3\ folder.

- Buldozer wont display this model in certain resolutions, like resolution LODs or viewPilot. It will render the geometry, the shadow (as a model), and the view Geometry. Also, I can copy eg the LOD1 model into view geometry as a loophole to see LOD1.

It's a mess. Please help?

Somewhere along the way, I overlooked setting options for file types that don't get binarized. It's either that, or I DID set it once initially, didn't include *.rvmat in the file types option, and then forgot about this part of the process immediately afterwards.

So if you're looking for answers to this problem, here's the fix:

You'll want to go into the options for whatever pbo creator you're using, in the list of file types to not binarize, and make sure to include *.rvmat, along with *.paa, and *.wss. Some of you will likely need to include other file types as well.

Eg: My textures were not triggering a problem, but I was having problems with the game locating my materials and sounds. Therefore, I already had *.paa in the list, but needed to add *.rvmat and *.wss, respectively, to fix the problem.

Edited by ScotG