I know how to get a texture placed in the editor (like an image or so)

but is there a way to scroll over the image or an object to be able to change what the texture is showing?

So that when I look at an object, for example a sign, i can use the scroll wheel action menu to select an option that will change the image shown, like a slideshow.

I got this idea from a video i saw where they used this as a briefing, but i haven't got the scripting knowledge to do that on my own

thanks

-Timmyrules

There is a projector screen texture hidden somewhere deep in the game PBOs. Can't remember which one but I've stumbeld across it somewhere in signs_f or missions_f_data (Beta, EPA etc). I'd use that one as basis and add the images you want to show to it with PS or Gimp. Then use the User Texture object to display your textures in-game. (If it's meant to be in-game and not in the briefing screen.)

There is a projector screen texture hidden somewhere deep in the game PBOs. Can't remember which one but I've stumbeld across it somewhere in signs_f or missions_f_data (Beta, EPA etc). I'd use that one as basis and add the images you want to show to it with PS or Gimp. Then use the User Texture object to display your textures in-game. (If it's meant to be in-game and not in the briefing screen.)

Sorry for necroing but has anyone found the projector texture?. I would really love to do something like this

There's a few things you can use for this. That one seems to be User Texture (10m) under Signs -> Blanks.

hVwIF0r.jpg

Helicopters DLC adds in the PC Screen and Apex adds in a few "Rugged Screen"s under Things -> Electronics as well.

EVirkY4.jpg

• Like 4

There's a few things you can use for this. That one seems to be User Texture (10m) under Signs -> Blanks.

hVwIF0r.jpg

Helicopters DLC adds in the PC Screen and Apex adds in a few "Rugged Screen"s under Things -> Electronics as well.

EVirkY4.jpg

The thing about the textures is that one is too big and the others are too small... I was using the FOB Revolver Sign (hiding it in a wall) and it looked good but only in certain places.

Anyone know the init code for using the dual screen object from Apex?

@BadHabitz if you are talking about the ones pictured above then they are just 2 selections 0 and 1.

this setObjectTexture [0, "YOURPICTURENAME.jpg"];
and 
this setObjectTexture [1, "YOURPICTURENAME.jpg"];
  • Like 1

@BadHabitz if you are talking about the ones pictured above then they are just 2 selections 0 and 1.

this setObjectTexture [0, "YOURPICTURENAME.jpg"];
and 
this setObjectTexture [1, "YOURPICTURENAME.jpg"];

Perfect, thanks!

setObjectTextureGlobal is bugy at the moment. Not working in my mp missions.
Anybody has a work around? Are you guys using setObjectTexture in each connected user via script or how?

@Devastator_cm

I do not normally use JPG files. That seems to be what most people have an issue with.

All my pictures are showing up fine .paa format.

@loopdk and @Pjetu

I like what ACE has done with the slideshow. Some do not wish to use the ACE mod which is understandable.

There is also a script that does the same thing essentially as the ACE setup. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28480

Hey gents,

Im trying to make a script that adds the pictures to those screens. I have a config for the objects because they have useractions on them. These objects are not going to be placed down in an editor and im trying to figure out how to get them to start with the textures on them.

Cheers,

GKell