So I have a few things to point out about the ejection system!

First of all, thank you for finally getting vanilla ejection seats! They were sorely needed for immersion and realism :)

Now to the feedback!

1. The seat does not work when you suffer critical engine failure/shutdown ("Eject" disappears from action menu). This is actually a quite typical scenario that the ejection seat was designed for! :)
  2. The seat does not self-orient in any way. You keep the aircrafts roll, pitch and yaw attitudes for the entire "flight" to the ground. Real seats will always try to orient upright, also they are normally designed with drogue chutes to stabilize so that when the parachute activates, the pilot will be moved in an upward motion from the seat. If you bail out with 90 degrees bank in ARMA, you will get parachute at 90 degrees which would mean that the parachute would rip you sideways and snap your back/kill you.
  3. There is an error in the sequencing. Only tested on F/A-181. When you hit eject the canopy is blown off, but after that the rocket motor ignites and produces a LONG flame that goes through the aircraft model. In real life, there is first a catapult (piston) that propels you out of the cockpit before the rocket motor starts. This is to avoid burning your legs off. So the rocket motor should realistically ignite as soon as the seat has cleared the cockpit. The least you could do is shorten the catapult seat rocket flame!
  4. The automatic chute deployment altitude seems to be at 150m AGL. Realistically speaking it is often closer to 3000m ASL, but then again.. gameplay! I would recommend lifting the deploy altitude to 300m ASL. This will actually penalize you for losing a jet, but also allow you to pick a better landing site/somewhere to hide as enemy forces are closing on you. It will also give the Manual Chute release a purpose - specifically if you know the seat activates at 300m ASL, and you are heading for a mountain, then you should probably pull the manual release handle :) EDIT: I tested on Shikra seat and it repeatedly deployed at 300ish. I got about 150m on the F/A-181 seat. All ejections from about 1000m ALT.
  • Like 5

Should it not be a Static parachute for the ejection chair? 
I also wouldnt mind a "folded" used parachute on the ground and an ejection chair assets for mission making. 

• Like 1

I had a total system shut down the other day, death spiral and was able to eject.

@ Strike, maybe a round C-9 multicolored canopy to go with that ejection seat?

• Like 1

So instead of typing out this bug, here goes a new feedback method:

Ejection%20comic_zpspah1lh5a.png

So in other words:

I ejected, seat crashed into wall, player despawned, then POPPED back next to the wall. Voila!

Über-effective seats? lol!

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Strike_NOR said:

I must commend you on this method of report....oh gosh my sides, actually teared up from laughter.

Please direct all Jets related feedback to this thread though :)

• Like 1

@Strike, there's no excuse for ejecting outside the envelop!

2012-07-04-1577.png?1384916099

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

So instead of typing out this bug, here goes a new feedback method:

That gave me a good laugh, please more :yay:

• Like 1

Strike_Nor....good thing your from Norway and not Canada ehy?  This guy almost toasted his Marshmallows!

1024x1024.jpg

Yeah, it would be epic if the RCAF could get some Black Wasp II's. Would be a perfect successor to our hornets. =P

• Like 1

Since we have an official feedback thread, I'm locking this one.

But Maio, we want options... Well tough luck buttercup, my skewed sense of order is not your democracy so you can take your social studies 101 backed argument and deliver it via a well written PM, which will be sanctioned by a warning fueled by the before mentioned skewed sense of order...

Hippie...

• Like 5