Just now, mrsandbox said:

I read in some articles in gamer magazines irs scheduled for may 17. Shouldnt it be that month, q3? Any infos about the exact release date?

Nothing confirmed atm. Will be up to BI really. 

• Like 1

Does BI plan on releasing any larger maps better suited for aerial combat? Perhaps port the Asia terrain from ToH?
If not I urge everyone to check out the huge PMC terrains.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Nothing confirmed atm. Will be up to BI really. 

Actually, the current estimate does state it'll be out sometime in May. The exact date may vary, but the general timeframe should not. It seems like enough time to work out the plane overhaul and balance everything. 

You also could say that when we have a release date, if it does change, it will always to be delayed.

3 hours ago, opteryx said:

Does BI plan on releasing any larger maps better suited for aerial combat? Perhaps port the Asia terrain from ToH?
If not I urge everyone to check out the huge PMC terrains.

This will be something up to modders. I'm fairly certain BI don't intend to add a heavily watered down map just to increase in size for 4 new aircraft. The current maps are fine, especially Altis which has like, 5 Airfields.

• Like 4

Yeah, I think that with the aircraft carrier, there'll be enough space for dogfighting over Altis. 

I wish they added more easily accessible water around Altis, though. Placing things outside the map is possible with Eden, but a bit of a chore (not to mention you don't get any sort of map there). Putting the carrier a bit further out to sea could be sometimes useful.

However, in keen on knowing what sounds these aircraft will have. Will they be realistic and ear pleasing enough? I know they're working with Saul for the designs, but I think if what jets miss in terms of Audio is that distinctive roar, and grit sound the engines. I hope the sound gets love, or at least come close to the work the Real Sound guys did quite some time ago with actual jet sounds that made jets actually sound like the mean powerful machines they are.

1 hour ago, darksidesixofficial said:

However, in keen on knowing what sounds these aircraft will have. Will they be realistic and ear pleasing enough? I know they're working with Saul for the designs, but I think if what jets miss in terms of Audio is that distinctive roar, and grit sound the engines. I hope the sound gets love, or at least come close to the work the Real Sound guys did quite some time ago with actual jet sounds that made jets actually sound like the mean powerful machines they are.

If the remade sound on the Wipeout is anything to judge by, they are making a huge leap in the right direction for Jets DLC!!

• Like 3

I doubt that they will get first-hand recordings of stuff like the F129, but AL-41s and Volvo engines are not classified in any way at all. From an audio standpoint, this should be pretty good :)

Just to illustrate how a catapult seat works in contrast to a catapult + rocket seat with zero-zero capabilities (0 height, 0 speed).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1cnvJO1TF8

I'm really hoping for this supported in vanilla arma (crossing fingers).

Oh and btw, the doll from the first launch is totally fine :don13:

• Like 2

I saw GPS/INS metioned somewhere here.

Do we have any information whether the Jets DLC will feature something resembling an asset, that allows us to conduct BOC (bombs on coordinates) CAS attacks?

Secondly and not as importantly, if air superiority jets are included, are they going to do something about the world draw distance? The ground disappears for me even when the video settings are maxxed out.

Thanks for any useful info :)

• Like 1

I saw GPS/INS metioned somewhere here.

Do we have any information whether the Jets DLC will feature something resembling an asset, that allows us to conduct BOC (bombs on coordinates) CAS attacks?

Secondly and not as importantly, if air superiority jets are included, are they going to do something about the world draw distance? The ground disappears for me even when the video settings are maxxed out.

Thanks for any useful info :)

PMC terrains

Inviato dal mio XT1092 utilizzando Tapatalk

A little comment about the way the announced the content :

BIS PR was criticized during Apex hype-train, because we (community) were expecting our wishes rather than things that they could actually deliver. From beginning to the end, we know that what we expected the most would probably not be delivered, but we add nothing more credible to expect.

In their last Scanning the Horizon video, they showed directly the planes instead of letting us expecting unrealistic things. I think that's is very relevant, we can't be disappointed now that we know what we will get. Anything else will be bonus we'll be happy to discover (carrier, if you ear me, knock twice).

If they want to improve that, they could have reduce the number of images of planes while letting Jay's comments. That way we could have know what we will get, without knowing what it will look like. They could also tease the rest of the content, not as a leak but as an actual announcement in which we don't see a lot, but which make us want to see more.

What do you think about it?

26 minutes ago, Mitrail said:

In their last Scanning the Horizon video, they showed directly the planes instead of letting us expecting unrealistic things. I think that's is very relevant, we can't be disappointed now that we know what we will get. Anything else will be bonus we'll be happy to discover (carrier, if you ear me, knock twice).

If they didn't want to disappoint they should have left out "shooter man" so that no one could hope...

I can almost guarantee we're getting a Carrier. Sure, the Sentinal, Black Wasp II have tail hooks and there's mock carrier animations being worked on. They wouldn't waste their time on these details otherwise, and there's a month and a half till speculated release. Not to mention that new Carrier has been being worked on since the Make Arma Not War competition. That's a long time, and I'm sure it's solid by now, with BI mainly finding out how the heck AI will function in all of this, like auto pilot landings for the Sentinel, etc. On a Aircraft Carrier. Though carrier operations are not hard, I've done it back in Arma 3 Alpha when I ported a few mods for personal use. With Vanilla support for such assets, it will be a thousand times higher quality.

Though, I can't say that'll be all we get, given BI's under promise, over deliver, sure, 4 jets and an aircraft carrier is quite more than any of us expected already, but I would also like to see an expanded variety of weapons now that the Dynamic Loadout gives much reason to think about what you want to take to the skies. In the video I saw what looked like munitions carts, so I'm hoping we're getting an expanded Vanilla Missile Box that includes the things like the Fuel Tanks, different bombs (standard, big, air burst, handful of small or cluster), missiles, Atgm's. I'm not sure, but is the Mavrick looking guided missile on the Gripen new? Haven't seen it on NATO or CSAT planes. Then again, I haven't flown jets in very long time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mitrail said:

A little comment about the way the announced the content :

BIS PR was criticized during Apex hype-train, because we (community) were expecting our wishes rather than things that they could actually deliver. From beginning to the end, we know that what we expected the most would probably not be delivered, but we add nothing more credible to expect.

If they want to improve that, they could have reduce the number of images of planes while letting Jay's comments. That way we could have know what we will get, without knowing what it will look like. They could also tease the rest of the content, not as a leak but as an actual announcement in which we don't see a lot, but which make us want to see more.

What do you think about it?

I think the last video presenting the Jets DLC and the rest is good.

It shows us what we can expect with the Jets DLC, so it's fine.

They can't show us the rest as it's not even WIP, but I don't mind.

However, I think BIS PR was criticized (and I was one of the 1st one to do it) about APEX because they didn't deliver enough information at all about what to expect.

There was a big lack of communication.

The thing is, IMHO, that some people were disappointed when Apex is released because, as we didn't have any information, we couldn't figure out what to expect.

Hence some people may have expected or imagined a lot of things that didn't happen to be.

More information about what is coming = less imagination / expectations for the player.

Of course, some guys may be disappointed because there is not what they want, but it's better to know it BEFORE instead of discovering it AFTER.

That is, IMHO, one of the biggest mistake BIS ever did.

• Like 4

Do you think that they actually filmed that, put that in the "scanning the horizon", let us get hyped on it, just for the lulz?

I was just pointing out the reason why (IMHO) BIS was criticized for Apex.

As everyone else here, I hope they will be a carrier indeed.

But that's ain't up to BIS, it's B01 :-)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wiki said:

I was just pointing out the reason why (IMHO) BIS was criticized for Apex.

As everyone else here, I hope they will be a carrier indeed.

But that's ain't up to BIS, it's B01 :-)

I was just commenting their new april's fool, could it be possible that they filmed this animation just for April's fool?

you dont need motion capture to make an animation. Its 7sec long, no polish. Thats maybe 30min work for one animator.

42 minutes ago, Mitrail said:

I was just commenting their new april's fool, could it be possible that they filmed this animation just for April's fool?

I don't think so.

Plus, this animation (MOCAP view) was in the roadmap 2017 first.

It would have been a very bad move from BIS to show that in the video (and they know the community analyzes them a lot) just for an April fool.

2 hours ago, Mitrail said:

If they did, they're about to be attacked by a swarm of angry Jet DLC theorists...

Then again... The Karts DLC started as an April Fool's joke... BI Pls :down:

There's another possibility regarding the carrier animation stuff that I've not seen anyone mention here, cut scenes for the new Jets scenario and the DLC trailer/promo video.

There were plenty of animations and models seen only as part of in-game 'news' footage for the original and Apex campaigns.

The presence of hooks on some aircraft is not evidence of a carrier being in the game, it's only evidence that they put thought into the likely design of these aircraft. Carrier capable aircraft can and do operate from land all the time.

It's slightly disturbing how quickly the speculation went to people saying it was confirmed when BI haven't said a single word on the subject (except to parody it). The only real question is why BI haven't denied the rumours before they get out of hand ... which could just mean they are true?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GBee2 said:

There's another possibility regarding the carrier animation stuff that I've not seen anyone mention here, cut scenes for the new Jets scenario and the DLC trailer/promo video.

There were plenty of animations and models seen only as part of in-game 'news' footage for the original and Apex campaigns.

The presence of hooks on some aircraft is not evidence of a carrier being in the game, it's only evidence that they put thought into the likely design of these aircraft. Carrier capable aircraft can and do operate from land all the time.

It's slightly disturbing how quickly the speculation went to people saying it was confirmed when BI haven't said a single word on the subject (except to parody it). The only real question is why BI haven't denied the rumours before they get out of hand ... which could just mean they are true?

Well, we know that the USS Freedom is being designed by the same modder who coincidently is working with BI on the jet DLC. Either way, whether Vanilla, or Mod, we're getting a Carrier... unless something bad happens, but as far as I know, the Carrier being a side project since before the Make Arma Not War contest, if not being Vanilla at some point, may end up being another Bohemia Official Mod, or supported in the respect that they've put time into the new jets being Carrier capable. The speculation hasn't gone out of hand considering the existence of tangible information regarding the development of the USS Freedom has been available long before the Jet DLC was even announced.

3 hours ago, GBee2 said:

Many of us are easily exciteable for something we've hoped to see ingame for a long while is all, plus you have to admit there seem to be a lot of breadcrumbs...we'll just have to wait and see I guess.