38 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

I see the prices for the whole DLC Bundle 2 pretty competetive. Not like the APEX Expansion...

It appears as released on steam... but I suppose is just some kind of pre-order... right?

The bundle is released, but not the DLCs themselves.

The F/A-181 Black Wasp fuselage designates that it's apart of a certain "USS Freedom" air wing. Not to mention the MQ-25A Stingray-look-alike has "NAVY" lettering all over it, and there's someone performing MOCAP for a Landing Signal Officer.

The Black Wasp doesn't seem to be VTOL capable, so it couldn't possibly be an LHD or anything smaller. And Jay does mention that there'll be a surprise addition coming with Jets DLC...so does that mean there'll be a static or moving aircraft carrier on the way?

Yep, now that I've looked more closely at the BIStore page for Jets:

The Arma 3 Jets DLC is developed in partnership with third-party external development studio BRAVO ZERO ONE Studios, which is led by Make Arma Not War winner Joshua "Saul" Carpenter.

So that's why they (Saul & co.) didn't post much about their "little" side project. Guess a carrier is more or less confirmed?

• Like 1

The sounds of jets warning system and HUD's are awesome!

Am I the only one whose blood pressure jumped while watching the video?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, drebin052 said:

Also look here - there seems to be a carrier landing assist in the cockpit.
2bbb469ba8f65345285a0c0313c0ea60.png

Couple that with these deck crew like animations and I think we have a winner.
9cUeceu.gif

• Like 4

Will there be an update to the overall flight model as well? I might have missed it in the announcement trailer, but I'm not sure if they discussed that.

Sort of. They're not updating the actual flight model, but they're going to go back and tweak the existing jets to hopefully make them fly better.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zygzak191 said:

Something caught my attention in your pic- "Fox Three."

I imagine that that is just the Radio protocol for the new inbound missile alerts in the Dev branch right now.

I'm guessing it'll be a slightly modified Ford-Class.

• Like 1

No wonder its called Black Wasp II XD

11 hours ago, darkChozo said:

Sort of. They're not updating the actual flight model, but they're going to go back and tweak the existing jets to hopefully make them fly better.

I hope that will include factors such as plane mass etc. - nowadays, the jets show almost the same flight behavior as the small prop plane they introduced with the Apex update. Seeing the HOTAS joystick in the trailer makes me hope for a finally working joystick support :D

13 hours ago, Flax said:

Couple that with these deck crew like animations and I think we have a winner.

There's no reasons to have deck crew animations without a deck. They don't do that stuff on land unless it's for training.

• Like 1

I would very much like if they implement also an advanced flight model for combat planes. It would put the experience on par with Helicopters.

• Like 1

People dwell in the past so much. Let the devs have some artistic freedom, I can only imagine how painful it is to model the same old A10 over and over again.

It's still in the end, only a game not a full on simulator.

That said I can not wait to for Shikra, especially the blue color is just awesome. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for sonic boom simulation.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BadHabitz said:

There's no reasons to have deck crew animations without a deck. They don't do that stuff on land unless it's for training.

Not sure if this is relevant but someone spotted the tailhook ? :dozingoff::dozingoff:
f7835af33434a7d5f5d75dfee3b76b21.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mickyleitor said:

Not sure if this is relevant but someone spotted the tailhook ? :dozingoff::dozingoff:

Yea it's been generally accepted now that the evidence suggests there will be a carrier of some sort in the game at some point. Timelines and details are still pure speculation. I'm sure we will find out more soon enough.

• Like 1

Well, aside from the carrier we are surely getting, I want to discuss new weapon systems. As an example the new pics which are showing Greenfor Jet have some new kind equipped, is it an additionall fuel tank or a missile?

I'm talking about his:

Spoiler

arma3_jetsdlc_screenshot_06.jpg

Looks like a missile to me.

On 11/26/2016 at 4:20 PM, darksidesixofficial said:

Yeah, i felt the same. The A-10 actually doesn't look bad at all. It's because everything about it is aerodynamic. The Wipeout however, just looks rushed, little thought of aircraft design other than "stealth up an existing airframe". Well it may look good to others but i've been a fan of aircraft since single digit years, i know what a good aircraft looks like. Anyways yeah, i hope they have a good line up for the content.

The hog also got it's name because of the animal's tenacity and feral nature!

2 hours ago, Flax said:

Yea it's been generally accepted now that the evidence suggests there will be a carrier of some sort in the game at some point. Timelines and details are still pure speculation. I'm sure we will find out more soon enough.

I dindn't played Operation Flashpoint. But Utes in Arma 2 and as this picture of Malden those had static aircraft carriers.

Spoiler

Karta_ostrova_Malden.jpg

Spoiler

pvputes.jpg

Shouldn't be a bad Idea to introduce another one to Stratis...

3 minutes ago, esfumato said:

I dindn't played Operation Flashpoint. But Utes in Arma 2 and as this picture of Malden those had static aircraft carriers.

Sorry but OFP Malden didn't have an aircraft carrier, it had one main airfield and one smaller one. Only Arma2 on Utes has one.

25 minutes ago, heavygunner said:

Well, aside from the carrier we are surely getting, I want to discuss new weapon systems. As an example the new pics which are showing Greenfor Jet have some new kind equipped, is it an additionall fuel tank or a missile?

I'm talking about his:

Hide contents

arma3_jetsdlc_screenshot_06.jpg

Looks like a missile to me.

I think it's a "Question Generator" for sure.

15 minutes ago, esfumato said:

Reveal hidden contents

Karta_ostrova_Malden.jpg

Hide contents

pvputes.jpg

Shouldn't be a bad Idea to introduce another one to Stratis...

I had hoped that Stratis and Altis would have been on the same map and you could fly cross-country flight from one to the other...I think they are just under 40 km apart in real world.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lemnos/@39.7514197,24.960154,10z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x14af9308e2419f95:0xd91859654cb35ebd!8m2!3d39.9198413!4d25.141484

• Like 1