19 hours ago, Fresh- said:

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks the flight model is bizarre and needs some tweaking. The throttle is also an issue. I hope those are finally addressed. The folks over at DCS seem to have a good grasp on simulated flight models, maybe BIS should consult with them.

Well, they dont have to ask anyone, as there is fixed wing lib from RTDynamics (similar to what BIS use for AFM for helis) available - http://www.rtdynamics.com/v3/

Besides that i suppose its not a matter of knowledge but instead a matter of available effort.

13 hours ago, Blafirelli said:

Well, they dont have to ask anyone, as there is fixed wing lib from RTDynamics (similar to what BIS use for AFM for helis) available - http://www.rtdynamics.com/v3/

Besides that i suppose its not a matter of knowledge but instead a matter of available effort.

Not happening.

On 05/02/2017 at 2:35 AM, x3kj said:

you can assign both the positive and negative axis to the throttle (and remove the brake), giving you full motion range. So its not like it doesnt work. Its just counter-intuitive to do.

Hi, that doesn't work for me. Vanilla Apex, A-164 Wipeout, Logitech Force 3D PRO, (recognized). I put both "logitech force stick slide 1+" and "..1-" in thrust analog. I removed the setting for Brake analog...

Gas starts at mid-throttle to 100% when pushed at full. Nothing works between idle (max pulled) and mid-position.

I can see the analogical value, varying from 0 to 100% for each slide 1+ and 1- (0 is at middle), in the show controller customize (Arma control controller), but no way to make it work as any throttle of any jet in the world!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

I don't know what kind of time frame you fine people are working to and what resources are available, though personally I'd think a loadout customisation menu for aircraft would bet the best form of balance for everyone, both PvP and PvE.

Unfortunately in addition there probably not being enough time -- based on the previous dev-branch-to-DLC-release schedules, by the time Bohemia declares DLC-promoting features they probably already finalized them beforehand to avoid any "whoops we can't do it after all" announcement -- my usual reactions to loadout editor desires are as follows:

1. How should backwards compatibility be maintained for content which leans on the existing vanilla form of "4Rnd_AAM" if the vanilla jets are moved to a "1Rnd_AAM"-named-four-times structure? (This may also require model changes for the vanilla jets to change the proxies but the engine already supports the 'one-round magazine' structure even without scripting.)
  2. Why shouldn't a loadout menu be a menu/category using the Virtual Garage UI, alongside Camouflage and Component? Remember that the Garage can be called via script from within a scenario and the Component tab's changes can affect the vehicle (i.e. hiding the rear seats on the MB 4WD turns it into a two-seater) even if I'm not sure how to script this sort of UI to work with affecting loadouts/paint schemes for multiple different vehicles instead of being a vehicle spawner.
  3. How configurable should jet (and presumably helicopter) options get when we're getting the possibility of vehicle-specific sensors and displays this platform update? Remember, at one point the Buzzard (CAS) had IR/visual/passive radar just like the Neophron/Wipeout while the Buzzard (AA) was active/passive radar only...

For 3, I think that it'd be up to the player to choose a proper loadout. Simply put, the only difference between CAS and AA Buzzards would be the radar, which you'd have to take into account while picking which plane to use. Loadout selection is more about "do I take bombs or rockets?" kind of thing, rather than changing the plane's role completely (though DLC fighters will likely have strike capabilities).

• Like 1

Get fuckin hyped boys, still needs a bit of work though, when I have 6x GBU12 equipped it like to drop 2 at once until there was 3 left and then dropped 3 at once. But its progress 

'Added: Dynamic Loadout feature for airplanes and helicopters'

Pics - http://imgur.com/a/fOern

@chortles - Looks like they heard what I said ;) haha 

*I cant insert the actual images for some reason so the link will do for now*

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Get fuckin hyped boys, still needs a bit of work though, when I have 6x GBU12 equipped it like to drop 2 at once until there was 3 left and then dropped 3 at once. But its progress 

'Added: Dynamic Loadout feature for airplanes and helicopters'

Pics - http://imgur.com/a/fOern

@chortles - Looks like they heard what I said ;) haha 

*I cant insert the actual images for some reason so the link will do for now*

Wait this is on Dev Branch?! Or is this a mod?

ITS ON DEVBRANCH! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~!!! THANK YOU BIS~! <3

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, darksidesixofficial said:

My god. So it's for Heli's and Jets. Does this mean i can finally put 2 ATGM's and a 20mm PomPom on my AH-9?

Only works for the Wipeout currently, but if its anything to go by with what you can put on that thing, I presume you could ;) haha

Does the weight of the ordnance affect aircraft handling? It's an important consideration when picking loadouts IRL. Sure, you could sling a 3x bomb rack under every pylon where it'd fit, but don't expect to do any aerobatics in that configuration. 

EDIT: For the first iteration, it works nicely. However, the weapons MFD doesn't actually show which weapons are on which station. It seems tied to the default loadout.

My suggestion is to implement rendering the UI MFDs to cockpit textures. Then, a weapons screen could be implemented as one of those. It could also allow a more detailed flight instruments screen. Additional MFDs a model might have besides left and right could either be fixed to show a particular screen, or be operated by "CTRL+[" and "CTRL+]". You won't see many more than 3 or 4 MFDs in most aircraft, F-22 has 6, but two of them have very limited functionality, so they can be excluded from the count (operated by cockpit buttons or simply fixed on displaying a particular screen).

EDIT: For the first iteration, it works nicely. However, the weapons MFD doesn't actually show which weapons are on which station. It seems tied to the default loadout.

After testing it, the MFD does show the weapon. But it's not Pylon Specific. So if i have only rockets, the weapons list red except for the rocket and main cannon, which display the appropriate amount of munitions.

Ad Dynamic Vehicle loadouts - pls continue in

On 2/9/2017 at 2:19 PM, dragon01 said:

That is the case... used BankRev from the Arma 3 Tools on air_f_epc.pbo, took a look inside plane_cas_01's data subfolder, and I found mfd_weapons_co.paa...

@oukej You wouldnt happen to know where I can find some wiki or something in reference to the new aircraft suspension physx? I cant find anything anywhere. 

This weekend will be a stream about the Jets DLC. And we are teased with just one plane wing...

Maybe we will know wht planes comes with Jets DLC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, esfumato said:

This weekend will be a stream about the Jets DLC. And we are teased with just one plane wing...

Maybe we will know wht planes comes with Jets DLC.

Whats this?  When did Clark kent leave the Daily Planet?

• Like 1

Here are some HIGH res images for everyone. Includes the 4 Aircraft in the pack, click on the image to go to the HI res versions!! enjoy!! 

• Like 1

That CSAT jet thooooooooo.

This is awesome.

Su30 + Mig 29 Combo ...again .

where is -

Pak FA T50

Chengdu J-20

F-35

Eurofighter Typhoon

F-15SE

?

we don`t want real jets. We need combo mix of jets.  MOAR

a562179d14fat.jpg

BI went crazy with futuristic  hybridization. It's not creative. This is ridiculous in the military simulator

• Like 1

Rediculous in looks, but it's not a bad idea. The only problem i have with concept jets is they simply don't ever look as good as the real things. But, that's the freedom BI went with for Arma 3, and honestly, it aint bad.

futuristic hybridmixcombo  tanks in tanks DLC confirmed 100%

a2e13544dbbft.jpg

My biggest gripe is the CSAT jet. Why? I can look at it and tell the Aerodynamics aren't that great. Sure, it's a video game, but come on. There's a reason the PAK-FA looks the way it does, and it's the birth child of Shukoi and Mikoyan. They put the Gripen in whole at least.